Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

What the gently caress.

yeah what kind of true imp doesn't have a tv tray specifically for optimum kbm gaming from the couch on the TV? Bonus points if you brought your keyboard to the store to make sure it had enough room on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

its never ok to use controllers in an fps

Just Say No To Controllers -Committee of FPS Gamers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The console community for those games is insanely bad on average from what I seen watching commentaries on youtube. But then maybe they just post videos of lobbies where everyone was a complete bonehead, but none the less I never seen that many fucktards when I played on PC.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
People who play FPS on consoles (besides halo, obviously) are hosed in the head

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
blands is so easy you could excel in it with a rock band keytar

it is okay to use whatever control method you want in pc gaming. that is one of the strengths of the PC. if you want to use a stupid controller for a game unsuited for it using an abomination setup with JoytoKey, you can. pc gaming is about freedom.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ForeverSmug posted:

"putting things inside my rear end is Very good" -you

That is a thing I have said.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
mmmmmm

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What about Third-Person Shooters?

Playing gta 5 and rdr with the controller was kinda rear end and had me relying on auto aim most of the time.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

blands is so easy you could excel in it with a rock band keytar

it is okay to use whatever control method you want in pc gaming. that is one of the strengths of the PC. if you want to use a stupid controller for a game unsuited for it using an abomination setup with JoytoKey, you can. pc gaming is about freedom.

It's also part of my freedom as a PC gamer to ridicule them.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I use a corded keyboard and mouse like God intended.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

What is this? Someone is using a controller? On my server? This scrubpub doesn't deserve punishment... he deserves GUNISHMENT

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LSTB posted:

What is this? Someone is using a controller? On my server? This scrubpub doesn't deserve punishment... he deserves GUNISHMENT

your sig owns

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Widestancer posted:

It better be a mechanical keyboard (cherry MX browns represent) and a mouse with a perfect sensor (g400 represent)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bonzibuddy64 posted:

In FFXIV, sometimes you get in a party with a tank or a healer whos using a ps3 controller.
that's me, op

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Widestancer posted:

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Doctor Goat posted:

your sig owns

Thank you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

qnqnx posted:

It better be a mechanical keyboard (cherry MX browns represent) and a mouse with a perfect sensor (g400 represent)

I use an olive corsair mouse right now as well as a corsair mechanical keyboard to go with my corsair military green case.

I may or may not have gotten a steep discount on this due to internet shenanigans.

Kylra will know what I'm talking about.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Playing FPSs with controllers is pretty win

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
imps, which mouse/kb combo are you using?

ive got a logitech G500 mouse and a ducky Keyboard (shine 3 TKL orange LED, cherry mx red)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

Playing FPSs with controllers is pretty win

What the gently caress?!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames posted:

ive got a logitech G500 mouse and a ducky Keyboard (shine 3 TKL orange LED, cherry mx red)

I use a Zowie EC2 EVO CL, or a regiular EC1 depending on my mood.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And a Steelseries 6GV2 keyboard.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VideoGames posted:

its a dell and a HP

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I use an Xbone gamepad. If I need to move the cursor I got my touchpad.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Coolermaster QuickFire rapid with the aforementioned mx browns and apart the Logitech G400 I have been also using as of lately a Razer Taipan, gifted while my G400 was broken down. I actually like how it fits my hand a bit better than the G400 and I find the side buttons easier to use, but its software is made of gaming AIDS.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

zen death robot posted:

Xbone controllers don't have a touchpad

Laptop touchpad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

Laptop touchpad

You motherfucking pervert.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my pc is hooked up to my tv. i use a gamepad most of the time because it's comfy, but i make an exception for fps games. that was my message , i hope it helped this important debate. thank you for reading it and god bless

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Wormskull posted:

You motherfucking pervert.

Hey it's more convenient for playing on a TV. Too lazy to turn on game mode or whatever removes the screen delay though

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

ForeverSmug posted:

putting things inside my rear end is Very good

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

same

i prefer controllers 'cause its nice to game from a couch vOv

lol if you don't have a couch in front of your PC

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I knew a dude who played FPS games on PC but he used the loving arrow keys to move around and then bitched about games that had too many buttons. I told him to just use WASD, he said that he was left handed. I then told him to use IJKL or OKL; instead, and he said that since DOOM used arrow keys for movement then all games should.

Personally I think this is dumber than using a gamepad. Not that much dumber but still dumber.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
XNA framework was a plague and it is good that it is dead

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I refuse to believe those people actually exist, OP.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
The only thing I use my gamepad for are emulated games, mainly to simulate the experience of sitting back on the couch with a controller while playing SNES/PS1.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

The only thing I use my gamepad for are emulated games, mainly to simulate the experience of sitting back on the couch with a controller while playing SNES/PS1.

This.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
It is better to have gamed with inferior hardware, than to have never gamed at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

• Locked thread