Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i used jbwelb to reattach an exhaust downpipe to a turbocharger. fyi this does not work because dang those turbo exhausts get hot as balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

maniacdevnull posted:

rotor please change the ops name to Lord Business thank you very much and have a blessed holiday filled with the love of our lord christ

god bless

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
JCweld

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

whoppers junior

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

crucified with liquid nails

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Share Bear posted:

whoppers junior

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

crucified with liquid nails

pilot washed his hands with lava soap

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

it's just 1:4:9 lol

right, but i measured out the size of the lego bricks and tried to figure out how to get as close to that as possible

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Share Bear posted:

whoppers junior
i said this at the drive through the other day and no one laughed !!! what is going on here ????

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

ChiralCondensate posted:

i said this at the drive through the other day and no one laughed !!! what is going on here ????

get some onions ringed

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

I tried to superglue my broken glasses together but it didn't work do u guys think jb weld will fare better

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Egan Yardley posted:

I tried to superglue my broken glasses together but it didn't work do u guys think jb weld will fare better

what are your glasses made from

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Egan Yardley posted:

jb weld them to ur face imo

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

what are your glasses made from

some sort of painted over metal is where the break is

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

DNova posted:

no but superglue is itself a genericized trademark for cyanoacrylate

jb weld is epoxy

when i was young i built quite a few balsa frame models i used to like using the cyanoacrylate plus accelerator the instant crackling bond was pretty great.

i think the plural of lego is lego but idgaf how other people say it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
At this point everybody knows that you can get a tube of JB Qwik and a rolled up newspaper onto an airplane, roll the paper into a sharp cone and fill it with JB Qwik for an easy improvised weapon that is TSA compliant at boarding

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

At this point everybody knows that you can get a tube of JB Qwik and a rolled up newspaper onto an airplane, roll the paper into a sharp cone and fill it with JB Qwik for an easy improvised weapon that is TSA compliant at boarding

hmm *opens yospos.accdb*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
technically nothing is tsa-compliant as it is illegal to bring flammable solids on board the plane

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

technically nothing is tsa-compliant as it is illegal to bring flammable solids on board the plane

*gets gitmo'd for cotton tshirt*

hahah

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

i have compromised and settled on super gluing the fragments of my glasses to my face. thanks for your input.

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

will jb weld fix a broken radio antenna? I kicked my $20 walmart radio by accident the other day and it snapped clean off

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

this is a radio that has no presets, mind you, just a dial with a digital face that can be set to even decimaled MHz

108.0 here I come

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

aeflux posted:

this is a radio that has no presets, mind you, just a dial with a digital face that can be set to even decimaled MHz

108.0 here I come

uh?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Legit fm stations jump every .2 MHz in the odd numbers Ur supposed to know loads of gay crap like that to post heree

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

*raises lit zippo in concert* FREEBAND!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
they're just centered around that frequency, you can still pick up most stations +/- that 0.1mhz

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

they're just centered around that frequency, you can still pick up most stations +/- that 0.1mhz

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

fukken sw8

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yea that's a good picture of it. you need that much gap to prevent crosstalk. probably something to do with radios not all having perfectly accurate tuning so the station spreads its signal a bit to make sure everyone gets a good one. or in the past when you had to manually dial it in, much easier if you have a chunk like that that works vs. just one tiny narrow band

i dunno ask jonny

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

aeflux posted:

108.0 here I come

yeah i was gonna say uh....have you ever used an old radio with an analog tuner? you can set it steplessly to any frequency

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

yeah i was gonna say uh....have you ever used an old radio with an analog tuner? you can set it steplessly to any frequency

i have a shortwave radio where i can punch in any frequency i want from 1711 to 29999 KHz :smug:

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

yeah but not one without a digital face. it was the red-bar-close-to-this number type one

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

aeflux posted:

yeah but not one without a digital face. it was the red-bar-close-to-this number type one

its prob cause ur radio is lovely and the freq might drift so they let u tune in .1 instead of .2 increments cause it was also easier for the programmers to do it that way anyway

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

all the digital radios i've enountered don't let you get into get into that even numbered nonsense, this one is made for freedom. explore. find the setting that suits you. namaste

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

aeflux posted:

all the digital radios i've enountered don't let you get into get into that even numbered nonsense, this one is made for freedom. explore. find the setting that suits you. namaste

lol yes ur commercial broadcast band radio is made for freedom

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
theres a radio thread tho. this is about jb weld and other adhesives but mostly jb weld

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i have a shortwave radio where i can punch in any frequency i want from 1711 to 29999 KHz :smug:

same but in 10 hertz steps

sorry had to

JB WELD CONTENT: Just ordered some off Prime because I don't have any in stock. Classic J-B here, no Kwik or putty for this man.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i got this little guy which is mostly needs suiting

tho i cant really pick up and shortwave stations except jesus or spanish or possibly spanish jesus ones.

i have no plans to jb weld it however so i digress.

Jonny 290 posted:

JB WELD CONTENT: Just ordered some off Prime because I don't have any in stock. Classic J-B here, no Kwik or putty for this man.

yeah i got some classic JB in my toolbox at home i was planning on doing some handle affixing to metal wok utensils but havent got to it yet

Sniep fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 23, 2014

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
this is the JB Weld thread, please stay on topic. We have another thread for radios. Further off-topic chat will be dealt with harshly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
what is a lack table, anyway? :confused:

• Locked thread