Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
if not what can I use? what would santa's Legos table builder elf guy use? also please feel free to use this thread for general non-christmas related jb weld discussion. I guess other epoxies and whatnot can be discussed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
normally you don't glue Legos to stuff. kind of a weird situation

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wish ud jb weld yr computer power button in the off position op

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
http://thistothat.com/

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
close thread

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
thread not about computers

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

pram posted:

wish ud jb weld yr computer power button in the off position op

rude

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

gently caress

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

ahmeni posted:

gently caress

he really stuck it to you huh?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

funy computation

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
OP: thank you for your interest in JB-Weld. Yes, you can attach Lego to a Lack table using JB-Weld. Good luck, and happy JB-Welding!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ah good yea we needed a jb-weld thread again.

for your purpose op i would recommend standard 30 minute epoxy. jb-weld has metal in it that makes it more heat resistant but also somewhat brittle and you don't want that. since it's plastic to laminate you just want the straight polymer. 5 minute epoxy doesn't cure as hard as the 30 minute stuff and you need more working time anyway. finally, get the kind that comes in two tubes or cans, not the kind in the dual syringe, because the syringes are a false convenience and are actually annoying as hell

the other good solution here would be silicone adhesive, like the kind that comes in a tube for window caulking or assembling aquariums. it sticks anything to anything and is highly impact-resistant. however that requires air to cure and i don't know what your structure is, so it may be less than ideal. also smells like vinegar for a couple of days so given that this is probably a christmas present maybe not the best idea.

please don't glue any lego other than baseplates

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
hoeb can jn weld my sinsuse upen

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I just stand on them Legos dad styles

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
no matter what adhesive you use make sure to sand the poo poo out of your surfaces first!!!!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
one thing everyone agrees on is that people who insist on using 'lego' for the plural are the worst kind of that guy

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

:mad::mad: lego blocks :mad::mad:

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
can i use jb weld to put my family back together

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Fax Sender posted:

can i use jb weld to put my family back together

literally, yes. metaphorically, no. hth.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

is 'jb weld' american for superglue the same way 'kleenix' is american for tissue or 'xerox' is for photocopy

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

my stepdads beer posted:

is 'jb weld' american for superglue the same way 'kleenix' is american for tissue or 'xerox' is for photocopy

no but superglue is itself a genericized trademark for cyanoacrylate

jb weld is epoxy

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

good to know thank you but maybe it expired all the glue brands call it superglue here

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I bought some superglue from a chinese store and it was called, and I swear I am not making this up, "supergook"

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

kill ur loving self

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

use the Kragle op

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

professional interlocking brick system

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

use the Kragle op

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Legao Brand Connecting BLox

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hmmm, sounds like theres an untapped market for Lego brand adhesives.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

please don't glue any lego

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i once ordered a set of black legos i had carefully calculated to build a scale model of the 2001 monolith with. i wonder if i still have them; i wish i still had the calculations

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

prefect posted:

i once ordered a set of black legos i had carefully calculated to build a scale model of the 2001 monolith with. i wonder if i still have them; i wish i still had the calculations

it's just 1:4:9 lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

rotor posted:

OP: thank you for your interest in JB-Weld. Yes, you can attach Lego to a Lack table using JB-Weld. Good luck, and happy JB-Welding!

after posting this thread i have noticed that most lego table makers are using liquid nails. i already have a smooth rod caulk gun, so i think i might go this route. i am also going to have to buy some legos because i dont trust using duplo to get the spacing right between plates while the adhesive cures and my mother is holding my personal childhood legos hostage so she "will have toys for when the grandkids come over" pbuh. i will, however, find other uses for jb weld and will discuss them ITT.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my stepdads beer posted:

haha no most americans have no idea what jb weld is

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

haha no most americans have no idea what jb weld is

you must hang out with some dumb people then because everyone i know is aware of jb weld

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
lol if you dont have tubes of jb weld in your generic household tools toolbox/junk drawer

how could you consider yourself a functional adult?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if I kept jb weld at home I would find things to use it on

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sniep posted:

lol if you dont have tubes of jb weld in your generic household tools toolbox/junk drawer

yeah it's the best stuff

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i used a shitload of jb weld to reattach a busted caster to an old-rear end office chair. i don't move it very often so needs mostly suited. maybe in the future i should coat the wheel with teflon so it'll just glide across poo poo. idk. sounds like effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

rotor please change the ops name to Lord Business thank you very much and have a blessed holiday filled with the love of our lord christ

• Locked thread