Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Captain Bravo posted:

Since nobody pointed it out, the scream the frogs can do if you throw them off a cliff is the Wilhelm Scream

Thanks for mentioning it! Completely forgot the name.

Apparently that scream is like on of the most iconic sounds used in movie history. They used it in over 120 movies ranging from Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Disney movies you name it.
Hell, they even used it in freaking My Little Pony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My favourite use of the Wilhelm Scream was in GW2's pre-release April Fools Commando Class trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Esy83MQ0

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!

Well here we are, at the final dungeon of Ori and the Blind Forest. This dungeon really expects you to put all of those skills you've acquired during the course of game to good use. There's also some sections that require you to think a bit and I'm not good at thinking.
I'm really bad at this area so prepare to see me die over and over and over again. You like it, don't you?

SSNeoman posted:

My favourite use of the Wilhelm Scream was in GW2's pre-release April Fools Commando Class trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Esy83MQ0

Holy crap that trailer was pure genius!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I bet there are people that are insanely good at platforming who do low-% runs on this game. It's the right type of game for that.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Carbon dioxide posted:

I bet there are people that are insanely good at platforming who do low-% runs on this game. It's the right type of game for that.

World Record is around 31 minutes. Those speedrunners are just insane!

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
Final episode out now!
Time to end off this series. And since this game didn't through something amazing at as for some seconds why not enough the final moments of this game with Kuro chasing us through Mt. Horu.
This is by far the toughest section in the entire game: If you're too slow Kuro's going to murder you and you really don't have a lot of time to think about your next moves. It's getting kinda hectic but I really enjoy this last chase sequence.
After that we get treated to one more superb cutscene.
And that's it. Hope you guys enjoyed this LP of Ori and the Blind Forest as much as I did and once again thanks for watching.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
That was a pretty great game, I'm surprised I'd never heard of it before. Thanks for the LP!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
That was a short but sweet game. Thanks for showing it off.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Interesting game, thanks for the LP.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah this was a cool game! Thanks for playing it!
I bet the prostrat for speedrunning requires you to sequence break, probably getting bash early since that lets you pull off jumps of almost any height. Along with the usual "take damage to save time"

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah this was a cool game! Thanks for playing it!
I bet the prostrat for speedrunning requires you to sequence break, probably getting bash early since that lets you pull off jumps of almost any height. Along with the usual "take damage to save time"

Yeah, you need to do everything at the right time, when to level up so you don't waste any energy cells.
it's kinda crazy but really amazing to watch.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Apepresident posted:

Yeah, you need to do everything at the right time, when to level up so you don't waste any energy cells.
it's kinda crazy but really amazing to watch.

Here's the latest world record. 27 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01un6GWxafg

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Here's the latest world record. 27 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01un6GWxafg

12:40 is when it gets real :stare:
I don't get how they time it. I think he finished at 26:40. Cause that's when the ending kicks in.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 19, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

12:40 is when it gets real :stare:
I don't get how they time it. I think he finished at 26:40. Cause that's when the ending kicks in.

speedrun.com says: "...ends on losing control of Naru at the end"

You get to control Naru for a few seconds at that point, I guess?

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Carbon dioxide posted:

Yes you do! You need to run up to Ori then the cutscene triggers and the game officially ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Ah then yeah ok. That sort of thing is speedrunner kryptonite.

• Locked thread