Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Tylenol is acetaminophen. NEVER take Tylenol if you drink. There's an insanely high risk of liver damage, and occasionally people just drop dead.

In fact, acetaminophen is pretty dangerous for non-drinkers.

if a tylenol 325mg is causing you liver damage your liver is already hosed from the liter of vodka youre chugging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Ace of Baes posted:

if a tylenol 325mg is causing you liver damage your liver is already hosed from the liter of vodka youre chugging

Don't drunk-shame in the hangover thread.

The risks of acetaminophen aren't worth it, in my opinion.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Hick Magnet posted:

In some ancient cultures once a year all of the village boys would gather around a giant vat of mead or whatever they could make back then and they would drink and revel, and only the boys with the longest hangovers would be considered by the tribe to be Men.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I'm older than smoobles

Ben Smash

LARDROOM

Adiabatic posted:

holy poo poo im living by this now

does it apply to drugs, too? I'm curious to know

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

lmbo calrissian posted:

i just noticed im literally the only person among all of my friends who is single

im your friend and im single

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
please read

quote:

Combining acetaminophen pain relievers, which include Tylenol, and even light amounts of alcohol can more than double the risk of kidney disease, new research suggests.

Taking the recommended dose of acetaminophen, combined with a small to moderate amount of alcohol, produces a 123 percent increased risk of kidney disease, according to a new preliminary study.

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you

Zorodius posted:

please read

also tolerance varies, so you might handle 10 g with no problems or take just the 350mg and DIE!!!!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Is Advil actmnphn? I heard that's better for hangover

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you

lmbo calrissian posted:

nah, it's good. As long as you're not taking it daily.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
if you take enough tylenol and alcohol at once for a long enough time, you'll never have another hangover. it's a guaranteed cure

----------------

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Are you good-looking?

:wth:

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Do you drive the blue sports car to compensate for something?

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

lmbo calrissian posted:

that's ibuprofen and you should be gravy as long as you eat something when you take it and don't cut yourself on anything.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I suppose there comes a time where towering glasses of water and crater sized snack bowls before bed won't help prevent hangovers anymore.

----------------

Chibi Peppers

i'm way closer to 20 than 30 and i can already empathise as i remember being feeling way, way better after heavy drinking back when the whole being an adult thing started for me.

speaking of which, does english language have a concept of moral hangover? cause that's the one that usually hits the hardest and no water helps with that. eggs might though.

Chibi Peppers fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 3, 2016

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Chibi Peppers posted:

speaking of which, does english language have a concept of moral hangover?

I don't think so, but I know exactly what you mean and I'm calling it a moral hangover from now on. These kill me.

MrWillsauce

what did you guys do :eyepop:

Chibi Peppers

MrWillsauce posted:

what did you guys do :eyepop:

Aside from breaking a resolution to not get shitfaced again and outing myself as gay to somebody I didn't really want to? Not much. Where I live it's a term for a any sorts of "I might have hosed up" feeling you might have after a night of heavy drinking. Or a day of heavy drinking, since this is Poland.

hemale in pain

it's good to tell people you are gay! :)

MrWillsauce

sometimes I wish I was gay so I could tell people I am gay. I guess there's nothing stopping me from doing it anyway, though...

Chibi Peppers

Yup!

Telling people you're gay is fun until they want to kill you.

hemale in pain

hmmm well yea prob not a good idea to tell gangs of neo nazi skinheads your gay but shouldnt really be talking to those peeps about anything.

MrWillsauce

holy poo poo man that's scary

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

im imagining the skinheads wives lovingly creating that rainbow at a book club or something and cheerily talking about death to all gays

Ace of Baes

meteloides posted:

that's ibuprofen and you should be gravy as long as you eat something when you take it and don't cut yourself on anything.

ibuproufen doesnt make decoagulate ur blood, ur thinking of asprin

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Decon posted:

Which I knew what to tell you, smoobles. I'm still in that wonderful stage where I can drink all I want as long as I chug some water afterwards.

But I'm with DeepQantas. Drink less; smoke more weed.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chibi Peppers posted:

Yup!

Telling people you're gay is fun until they want to kill you.

do skinheads hate reading rainbow?

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 3, 2016

----------------

FluffieDuckie

around here we just call moral hangovers regret and it starts before you even open your eyes even if you can't remember what you did

well really mainly if you can't remember what you did

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

deep dish peat moss

Ah, childhood; graduating 5th grade, summer vacations, weeks at grandpa's farm catching fireflies, and my hangovers only lasted an hour.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Yobgoblin posted:

do skinheads hate reading rainbow?
geordi is pretty drat black

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

around here we just call moral hangovers regret and it starts before you even open your eyes even if you can't remember what you did

well really mainly if you can't remember what you did

ah, the groggy next-morning "please tell me i didn't do anything bad last night" conversation with your friends

problematic hug

myHangover consists of dry achey joint bones and sadness with much self pity and messages to this effect @ fluffie. this is how she knows i dont drink anymore

smoobles

i'm tired of hangovers altogether, think i'm gonna just smoke weed from now on

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Drunk people are extremely unattractive.

----------------

GotDonuts

Karbohydrate Kitteh
It's because you should be using better drugs like pot, no hangover with pot just after munch regrets.

smoobles

im gonna not drink for all of March

----------------

alnilam

smoobles posted:

im gonna not drink for all of March

march sadness

MrWillsauce

skinheads be all like white power

and geordi's all like, actually dark matter is where it's at

and then worf takes the skinheads to the brig but captian picard acknowledges their right to exist so they get dropped back off on planet whitebread and don't get to join the federation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F2B
yesterday I got over a day long hangover but only after I pooped. if you eat and drink the alcohol has some type of slow-release hangover effect

• Locked thread