Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoobles

i'm 30 now and whenever i drink a lot i feel hungover for two days and depressed for like three more... is htis part of growing older? i don't like it much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious

haha holys hit youre thirty

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Drink less, smoke more weed. If the symptoms continue come see me in the morning.

Matoi Ryuko

I don't have any advice for you smoobles other than don't drink. :shrug:

Robot Made of Meat

It's certainly not a usual part of getting older.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Decon

Which I knew what to tell you, smoobles. I'm still in that wonderful stage where I can drink all I want as long as I chug some water afterwards.

But I'm with DeepQantas. Drink less; smoke more weed.

FluffieDuckie

it's either part of getting older or you lose patience for your stupid self as you get older. it's why you didn't see dad passed out on the floor drunk every friday night (or maybe you did. i'm not judging)

this is why after age 30 weed should be mandatory

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

this wouldn't happen if you vaped your alcohol [citation needed]

devil

a hangover ages like a fine wine.

smoobles

Celluloid Sam posted:

haha holys hit youre thirty

age shaming is not ok

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
you let the hangover age too long and it turned to vinegar, this is why french fries ease the hangover. DO NOT eat more than three eggs or you'll turn into mayonnaise.

----------------

Scaly Haylie

Qwerinty posted:

you let the hangover age too long and it turned to vinegar, this is why french fries ease the hangover. DO NOT eat more than three eggs or you'll turn into mayonnaise.

wait, are french fries eggs?

smoobles

FluffieDuckie posted:

this is what i'm thinking as well, it might be time to switch over to full time weed

----------------

joke_explainer

my hangovers have actually gotten better since I got older... but I think that's mainly from just drinking less

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Lizard Wizard posted:

wait, are french fries eggs?

no, but eggs are a food commonly eaten to help ease hangovers due to the high protein, cholesterol, and fat content along with a typically greasy preparation. the joke is vinegar is an ingredient in mayo.

----------------

Macnult

Your body has not only developed an alcohol tolerance but also a water tolerance. Similar to how you need to drink more alcohol to feel drunk, you need to drink more water to feel not hungover.

smoobles

joke_explainer posted:

my hangovers have actually gotten better since I got older... but I think that's mainly from just drinking less

an interesting theory

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Try Chlorella!

What Is Chlorella? Health Benefits Of The Green Algae (Including Why It's The Ultimate Hangover Cure)

It's a type of algae which promotes detoxification and helps the liver deal with excess toxins - making it a great little number to knock back after a heavy night on the tiles.

We've got the low-down on the Incredible Hulk of the super food world...

What Is It?

Chlorella is a single-celled, fresh water algae which is cultivated mostly in Asia. It has a very tough, indigestible cellulose wall, so it is milled after harvesting into powder or tablet form to enable it to be absorbed by the body.

Tipper Lewis, head herbalist at Neal's Yard Remedies, tells HuffPost UK Lifestyle that chlorella has the highest chlorophyll levels of the plant world at 3-5%. That'll explain why it's so green.

"It's also packed with a substance called Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) which allows chlorella to go through its reproductive cycle in one day."

In Japan, it's one of the top super foods. Lewis says that seven million people consume it daily.

"Research after nuclear disasters showed it helps eliminate uranium, cadmium and lead. It’s used to eliminate mercury from amalgam fillings" and is also great to take after a boozy bender - "another Japanese study showed taking 4-6g of chlorella before drinking reduced hangovers by 96%".

Health Benefits

According to Lewis, chlorella is the "number one algae for liver detoxification" as it removes alcohol, heavy metals and environmental pollutants from your system.

Jam-packed of vitamins, minerals and nutrients, chlorella is great for the body - inside and out.

Katya Igumentseva, co-founder of Organic Burst, says: "It's great if you live in a city, drink alcohol and coffee, eat non-organic food, or do a job where you’re exposed to chemicals.

"Chlorella is full of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that have fantastic effects on your body, including radiant skin with Vitamin B2 and healthy hair with biotin and copper.

"If you’re tired of catching colds, Vitamins B6, B12 and iron from chlorella give the immune system support."

How To Eat (Or Drink) It

To drink chlorella (who doesn't love a tasty algae-filled beverage?) stir the powder into water and add a good squeeze of lemon to tone down the taste.

Additionally, blend into your favourite smoothies (try this Hemsley and Hemsley number) or juices.

Failing that, you can purchase easy-to-swallow tablets or granules that can be sprinkled onto salads and dips. Or try this vegetable sushi bowl recipe for size.

From HERE

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
After you get home drink water to prevent a hangover.

----------------

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

smoobles posted:

this is what i'm thinking as well, it might be time to switch over to full time weed

you're on the right track.

Nonviolent J

by FactsAreUseless
i love you

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 12, 2016

----------------

Nonviolent J

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

you're on the right track.

have less drinks, then weed, circumvents any anxiety, pretty good
unless you dont get weed anxiety :shrug:

----------------

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Alcohol is a lovely drug

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

FluffieDuckie posted:

it's either part of getting older or you lose patience for your stupid self as you get older. it's why you didn't see dad passed out on the floor drunk every friday night (or maybe you did. i'm not judging)

can confirm that post-30 weed is superior to post-30 alcohol

ScrubLeague

You remember how in elementary school they told you not to do drugs and alcohol well this is your body saying "gently caress u" because you didn't listen.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I'm glad I'm still under 30.

----------------

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
im 28 3/4 and i have this giant like almost 2L mug that i fill with water before i go out and i put a very loud post it note on it that says "HEY DRUNK ADIABATIC DRINK THIS LOVE SOBER ADIABATIC" or something to that effect and i fill it up entirely then at 3am when i am finished cleaning up the puke in the uber i ignore it completely and pass out on the bed and sober adiabatic is pissed and hungover but whatever yolo

FluffieDuckie

Adiabatic posted:

im 28 3/4 and i have this giant like almost 2L mug that i fill with water before i go out and i put a very loud post it note on it that says "HEY DRUNK ADIABATIC DRINK THIS LOVE SOBER ADIABATIC" or something to that effect and i fill it up entirely then at 3am when i am finished cleaning up the puke in the uber i ignore it completely and pass out on the bed and sober adiabatic is pissed and hungover but whatever yolo

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Ben Smash

LARDROOM
I'm 31 and after a night of teetotaling I usually slam a bunch of water and take a couple asprin. Seems to do the trick. Usually.

Ace of Baes
You need more sleep when you drink because your body gets lovely sleep when its still drunk, also water before and after sleep and tylenol 325mg. If you still have a wicked hangover doing this you should probably stop drinking for a few weeks.

treasure bear

ive always thought the hangover films were bad

pig slut lisa

irl is good

it's possible you're drinking alcohol that's too young for your body. a good rule of thumb is it shouldn't be any newer than half your age plus seven. so for instance you might try the bruichladdich 1990 cask, or that six pack of keystone that's still in your parents' garage from that last box you never unpacked after college.

ScrubLeague

treasure bear posted:

ive always thought the hangover films were bad

The first one was alright but then it became the Zach G. Meme Show.

----------------

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

pig slut lisa posted:

it's possible you're drinking alcohol that's too young for your body. a good rule of thumb is it shouldn't be any newer than half your age plus seven. so for instance you might try the bruichladdich 1990 cask, or that six pack of keystone that's still in your parents' garage from that last box you never unpacked after college.

holy poo poo im living by this now

SIDS Vicious

i cant believe smoobles is 30

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
i just noticed im literally the only person among all of my friends who is single

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

lmbo calrissian posted:

i just noticed im literally the only person among all of my friends who is single

you're not single when you've got Mr. Jack Daniels around to keep you company

deep dish peat moss

In some ancient cultures once a year all of the village boys would gather around a giant vat of mead or whatever they could make back then and they would drink and revel, and only the boys with the longest hangovers would be considered by the tribe to be Men.

Robot Made of Meat

Ace of Baes posted:

You need more sleep when you drink because your body gets lovely sleep when its still drunk, also water before and after sleep and tylenol 325mg. If you still have a wicked hangover doing this you should probably stop drinking for a few weeks.

Tylenol is acetaminophen. NEVER take Tylenol if you drink. There's an insanely high risk of liver damage, and occasionally people just drop dead.

In fact, acetaminophen is pretty dangerous for non-drinkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

lmbo calrissian posted:

Are you good-looking?

• Locked thread