Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Which game had the most contrived nerf? Halo 2's lovely pistol or Mass Effect 2's ammo?

Remember the Deutzstaffle or whatever the silver pistol was called in Goldeneye? Goldeneye had great guns in general, really. Except for the Klobb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Gotta go with Mass Effect on that one. The Halo 2 pistol was baby bullshit but at least they gave you the battle rifle

Halo 2 multiplayer feels. Superbouncing everywhere....

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
blood flaregun

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's worth playing through Half Life two with console codes so you can make the Magnum one shot striders or make the shotgun shoot 6000 pellets and make the game hang for a full second each time you shoot it. Game didn't age that well but the sound effect when you shoot the mooks with the white helmet, so satisfying.

Stalker with mods when you can get the break action shotgun with darts and blast guys across the map is also a good time.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Eifert Posting posted:

Which game had the most contrived nerf? Halo 2's lovely pistol or Mass Effect 2's ammo?

Remember the Deutzstaffle or whatever the silver pistol was called in Goldeneye? Goldeneye had great guns in general, really. Except for the Klobb.

I bet Ken Lobb gets often reminded that they named the shittiest gun in goldeneye after him

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

I bet Ken Lobb gets often reminded that they named the shittiest gun in goldeneye after him

Shooting Lobb with the Klobb in PD was very meta at the time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

i still don't understand why the klobb looked like it did

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

one time when we were like 10 I was at a friends house playing the world is not enough on N64 and he kept pronouncing "deutsch" as "douche" until his mom called him downstairs

he wouldn't tell me what she told him but he never mispronounced it again.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i still don't understand why the klobb looked like it did

It's based off a real life gun but the real one doesn't suck much at all.

I honestly think they put the Klobb in to scale difficulty down. No one uses it but it made the NPCs completely ineffective.

Oh god that's evil. Half the time my dumb friends wanted to do License to Kill slappies. You can do that poo poo in real life I don't get the appeal.
VVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 6, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the klobb is extremely good in license to kill mode

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GameCube posted:

one time when we were like 10 I was at a friends house playing the world is not enough on N64 and he kept pronouncing "deutsch" as "douche" until his mom called him downstairs

he wouldn't tell me what she told him but he never mispronounced it again.
I really really liked the World is Not Enough game and I don't think anyone else did

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I really really liked the World is Not Enough game and I don't think anyone else did

we played the poo poo out of the n64 one. as ambitious as perfect dark was it couldn't match the fun of nailing someone riding the chairlift with a laser guided missile

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the laser guided rocket launcher that could also fire in full auto.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Oh god that's evil. Half the time my dumb friends wanted to do License to Kill slappies. You can do that poo poo in real life I don't get the appeal.
VVV

this was the best. goldeneye was a lot of fun for figuring out cool modes to play with friends.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

So that weird wire thing is actually a stock, which means that the only reason the gun was terrible was because Bond was too stupid to use it

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well the same Bond chose to hold AKs with full wood furniture at arms length like he didn't want them touching his suit...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The vikings had this poo poo figured out years ago. Substitute mead and roast boar for pizza and mountain dew and we are talking literally the same afterlife. And I am sure Vikings would be down with pizza and some code red.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Eifert Posting posted:

Well the same Bond chose to hold AKs with full wood furniture at arms length like he didn't want them touching his suit...

this guy should be banned imo.. I'm gonna level with you he sucks skraight DICKS at posting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

The vikings had this poo poo figured out years ago. Substitute mead and roast boar for pizza and mountain dew and we are talking literally the same afterlife. And I am sure Vikings would be down with pizza and some code red.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Wrong account bbg

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

Wrong account bbg

poo poo whoops

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

• Locked thread