Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

monkey posted:

Here's how to fix your poo poo, America.

First, start a new police force that offers better money, but comes with a couple of rules:

1: They still have guns but they're prosecuted for murder and face a jury, just like everybody else. Dashcams and button camera recordings are their primary means of legal defence.

2: They aren't in the police union.

Once enough cops move over to the new rules, apply rule 1 to ALL cops. When the union kicks up a stink and they go on strike, sack the loving lot of them and take over all the buildings and other resources for the new police. Old police would be left with things like SWAT only.

Mmm yes union busting how progressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Agreed. If lethal force becomes necessary there should be a special team available for the purpose. Beat cops need a Billy club and a Taser and a radio and cuffs and that's pretty much it.

i would add a grappling hook and some numchucks. would be cooler and they could do some ninja poo poo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

It seems to me that the crux of the problem is that cops are shooting all the wrong people and that the people are shooting all the wrong cops.

If only it weren't so easy to shoot other people these mistakes wouldn't be so easy to make.

keep applying, im reloading

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

rakovsky maybe posted:

Mmm yes union busting how progressive

It's not a problem with unions in general, but targeted at whichever specific establishment is preventing American police from being held accountable for their actions. As I understand it, that is the police union, isn't it?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

you should ask this in tfr i think they can help

• Locked thread