Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Senor Dog posted:

Betting on sports will change the outcome cus it's all rigged by gamblers anyway, but lottery numbers are pure and fair and also more money.

lottery number picking machines use random air pressure to choose the numbers. any subtle movement you make that is not exactly what it was will move the air around on the planet and change the lotto numbers in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you could make a bet on the atomic weight of element 119, that can't change. i don't know if there is any way to bet on elements though :(

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the wikipedia article from 2026 would have been written after your investments payed off, so invest away.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

id look up my name and the call would be comiNG FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!1

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

you dummies, picking stocks and winning sports teams would not work. due to your foreknowledge and the butterfly effect you will change the future so the sports scores are different almost instantly. the best stuff to look up would be new developments in technology, because then you can steal the ideas and patent them first. i would go here to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_computing_hardware_(1960s%E2%80%93present)

First im gonna look up the latest 2026 knowledge about the butterfly effect and based on whatever theoretical physics says we will go from there.

Honestly though gently caress trying to invent stuff that poo poo takes actual effort. Give me a list of every political scandal for the next decade and I'll make billions selling the info to politicians so they can avoid them.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
I'd probably check out who the pro wrestling champs are

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

Honestly though gently caress trying to invent stuff that poo poo takes actual effort. Give me a list of every political scandal for the next decade and I'll make billions selling the info to politicians so they can avoid them.

you don't have to actually invent stuff, ever heard of patent trolling? you just apply for patents on future technology with a vague description, then sue the real inventor when they invent it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

you don't have to actually invent stuff, ever heard of patent trolling? you just apply for patents on future technology with a vague description, then sue the real inventor when they invent it

Yeah this'd work fine. Good point.

That said you do gotta wait for the lawsuits to come down and that poo poo can suck. Also make sure to check the legal status of patent-trolls in the next ten years in the off chance somebody decides they give a gently caress.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Make sure that searching for Earf still directs you to Earth.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
pleasure bot

Woden
May 6, 2006
Sport results, then which startups actually made it big and then myself to see how awesome I am.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

insulated staircase posted:

why does this page exist on wikipedia?

So you can find amazing pictures like this

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

a history of stock prices and sports scores, dummy

Obvious answer also real estate prices for coastal land in Tennessee

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd probably try and figure out what the dankest memes of the next 10 years are, then I'd steal those ideas and make them my own. :smuggo:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

penis growth technology

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

glowstick party tonight posted:

who else came out as gay??

Who else ended up in rehab, to sell drugs to.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

"President Trig Palin"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Who wins WW3?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I would look up my own rear end in a top hat

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

So you can find amazing pictures like this

God Damnit Sweet Dee!

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I want to drink that sweet milk

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
id look up my own name to see what tragic crime i eventually did

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

whether this dead gay website finally died.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Id look up Arthur memes

Sylvia Plathetic
Nov 15, 2009
Shadow the Hedgehog

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

I would look up the goatman to see which Fortune 500 company he is now running only to find he is POTUS

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

The Wizard of Poz posted:

I would look up the goatman to see which Fortune 500 company he is now running only to find he is POTUS

why do you have to steal my dreams

i wanted to play too

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I'd look up who won the 2012 election.

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

I'd look up which jerks corrected my Wikipedia vandalism.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

More like Cardouche!

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Rutibex posted:

This requires you to be a corporation with a hefty legal department. Sure you can try to patent troll Apple from your garage office but their legal department is going to crush you.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Drunk & Ugly posted:

why do you have to steal my dreams

i wanted to play too

we will dream together my friend

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I would look up my own name to see if I'd gotten anywhere notable in life in ten years from now.

If this is a glimpse into an intact temporal bubble, then I'd then immediately know what to search for next simply by reading what my wiki entry details as the reason for how I attained my riches, job, position or status.

That's the point when I find out that I killed myself in back 2016 in the most creative way ever recorded by man, but the details are hazy and the external video link doesn't work.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"legalization status of marijuana"

followed by "effects of drugs on animals" and then "dog" and then "heat death of the universe" because that's just how wikipedia is

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Advances in body augmentation and links to the patents

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The ending to game of thrones so I can spoil it before its even written down.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

memes

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
when do the civ 6 expansions that make the game tolerable, then good, come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I would look for all of the astounding animation advances at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_Boobs

• Locked thread