Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

JiveHonky posted:

no what is yin

its a book about a turtle that wakes up in modern day china and slowly turns into an attractive lady. This turtle was taken care of by Lao Tzu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

JiveHonky posted:

if you could have your dna spliced with a tortoise and gain 200 years more of life but you would gradually look more and more like a tortoise until at the end you were basically a hideous caricature of turtleman hybrid would u do it?

does it also delay decrepitude and/or have a serious impact on sexual function?

because my answer may be different if I potentially a vital 275-year-old turtle-man boning down with other freakish turtle hybrids vs. just persisting like an increasingly ugly and impotent invalid that watches the weather channel while waiting for death for two whole centuries

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
At least my soul will continue on, if only in someone else's record collection.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

LGD posted:

does it also delay decrepitude and/or have a serious impact on sexual function?

because my answer may be different if I can be a vital 275-year-old turtle-man boning down with other freakish turtle hybrids vs. just persisting like an increasingly ugly and impotent invalid that watches the weather channel while waiting for death for two centuries

you are a fully functional humping champ until the last 5 years or so, thats when things start winding down.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Hardawn posted:

its a book about a turtle that wakes up in modern day china and slowly turns into an attractive lady. This turtle was taken care of by Lao Tzu.

to me this translates as "chinese people = turtle"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

JiveHonky posted:

you are a fully functional humping champ until the last 5 years or so, thats when things start winding down.

sign me the gently caress up then

I mean come on, my generation was raised on the notion of outlandish action-oriented man-turtle hybrids being the epitome of coolness, why wouldn't I opt into this deal?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

guy fiari got his dna spliced with some lesbsians

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Thirsty Girl posted:

guy fiari got his dna spliced with some lesbsians

ellen got her dna spliced with matty b

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

JiveHonky posted:

to me this translates as "chinese people = turtle"

I've never eaten Chinese people, but I bet it's good.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

LGD posted:

sign me the gently caress up then

I mean come on, my generation was raised on the notion of outlandish action-oriented man-turtle hybrids being the epitome of coolness, why wouldn't I opt into this deal?

haha i forgot about those guys.

this will (of course) only be an option for the wealthy. otherwise the poors would abuse thier longer lifespan to make innumerable children and our planet would quickly be depleted of its resources.

i have thought this through.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What if you are actually a computer who doesn't know it's a computer op? :stare:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Have you been playing SOMA against jivehonkey?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm just gonna drink blood until i live forever or die.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What if you are actually a computer who doesn't know it's a computer op? :stare:

REDICULOUS HOW DARE YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

REDICULOUS HOW DARE YOU

I mean there's nothing to be upset about if you're not a computer. :yikes:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

Have you been playing SOMA against jivehonkey?

i will have you know I just googled SOMA and it appears to be a videogame of some sort. you cant trick me anymore

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I mean there's nothing to be upset about if you're not a computer. :yikes:

just dont ask me to define "love" because just dont ok

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i hope they upload my spirit to the database like in black mirror but i just get to live out ripping fat whippets with my boy Tuddz in the Denny's parking lot out the trunk of his beige miata, sucking dick in the men's room for sweet ride nachos

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
What if consciousness is like a wavelength thing and if you got ur consciousness cloned, you would share a mental link and you went insane from the the sensation of being in two places at once I'm really spooking myself out now, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Ork of Fiction posted:

What if consciousness is like a wavelength thing and if you got ur consciousness cloned, you would share a mental link and you went insane from the the sensation of being in two places at once I'm really spooking myself out now, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

this is like... quantum posting... dude

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What if they suck out your consciousness before you die and then just dump it into a younger, hotter body?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think as long as they suck out your consciousness before you die then you keep living, but unless your brain has a backup battery idk if you can die and then come back a life.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

what if you staple two conscoiusnesses together

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

I think as long as they suck out your consciousness before you die then you keep living, but unless your brain has a backup battery idk if you can die and then come back a life.

yeah thats the idea- tranferrence of consciousness to a digital planar fascitous registration, per se. my problem with that was about it being a copy, an instace of your self not connected or continued from the original. will i be able to place my digital digits into another digital persons bumhole? only time will tell my friend.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
They couldn't copy you over OP because the drive wasn't formatted for fat 32s

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

They couldn't copy you over OP because the drive wasn't formatted for fat 32s

i dont get i- oh, isee. very funny wolf nuts.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

i dont get i- oh, isee. very funny wolf nuts.

It's the most Reddit rear end bullshit i plan to post today

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
what if we evolved from walruses and instead of having a big dick you needed to have big rear end tusks or whatever

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

What if they suck out your consciousness before you die and then just dump it into a younger, hotter body?

I once dated a girl who said she could suck out my consciousness. Turns out she meant conscience. I'm p. much a remorseless monster now. :smugbird:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Sjs00 posted:

what if we evolved from walruses and instead of having a big dick you needed to have big rear end tusks or whatever

i already have the unhealthy BMI and small peen of the walrus. i guess tusks would be cool??

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

proof of concept posted:

Days of Thunder and Top Gun are the exact same loving movie

Holy poo poo! Are you sure? :ohdear:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

Holy poo poo! Are you sure? :ohdear:

all Tom Cruize movie is the same. pay attention The Banana

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the great thing about uploading my consciousness to a computer is that i could make copies and kill myself an infinite number of times

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

just dont ask me to define "love" because just dont ok

That's when the man does what with his winky to the woman with her flingus I think. Hey are you sure you aren't a computer?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really see what is so bad about becoming an ancient turtle man, though. master roshi seems to be having a good time!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
You ain't copying poo poo from me, I'm going out analog

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Obviously the solution is to replace one neuron at a time to ensure continuity, Jive Honkey.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

JiveHonky posted:

because your consciousness is still gonna be trapped in your meat-body. so if i am still going to end when i die whats the point of digital immortality anyways?

I guess people who knew your meatbody self can experience your digital copy somehow but it wont be you really, how could it be you?

the only way technology can bring true immortality is through replacing failing body parts until you are a robot with a human brain inside but your brain is still organic so even that part would eventually fail.

what i'm saying is there is no hope. no future and no hope.

happy tuesday everyone!

or you can cyber-ship of theseus your headbox by gradually replacing the brain with artificial neurons, made easier by the lack of immune responses in the CNS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
assuming that consciousness is actually a dynamical system arising from the interaction of individual fuzzy subsystems it should be entirely possible to gradually replace the underlying physical medium while maintaining dynamic behaviour even in intermediate states

• Locked thread