Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

All righty. I'll post a thread when Waroduce gets his character posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Bastian

Born of an Elven mother who fell for a human soldier lost in the Elven woods. Bastian was never accepted in his homeland and spent all his youthful energies on training. Cast out as he grew into adulthood, Bastian has spent most of his adult life wandering through forests. Often going years without uttering a single word or seeing another person, Bastian is blunt and direct. He is never well received, looking too human for the elves and too elven for the humans. He seeks the treasures contained in Rappan Athuk so he can purchased large swathes of remote land and retire. He would like nothing more than to live away from everyone with his beloved animals, particularly a dog named Kiki and a pig named Lisi.

code:

Class & Levels: Ranger 1
Race: Half-Elf
Alignment: Lawful
Experience Points: 0/2500
XP Bonus: 10%
Hit Dice: 2D8
Hit Points: 16
Armor Class: 15 Chain -+4, Dex +1
Base Hit Bonus:

Saving Throw: 14

Abilities
STR: 13
Dex:13
Con: 10
Wis: 13
Int:  8
CHA: 3

Languages
Common, Elven

Skills
Darkvision 60 ft.
Tracking
Alertness - only 1 in 6 chance party will be surprised by enemies
+1 damage per lvl against Giants/Trolls/Ogres/Orcs/Goblins/Kobolds.

Appearance

Gear
Axe, battle1, 2 1d8 15 5 gp 
-Weapon can be used either one- or two-handed
-When wielded two-handed, gain +1 damage bonus

Backpack
Bedroll
Tinderbox (with flint & steel)
Rations, Dried (1 week)
Waterskin
3 torches
Leather Armor
 Hatchet
Battle Axe
6 gold pieces

Choose four:
50' Rope
5 Iron Spikes & a Small Hammer
Chain Armor 
Shield

(Total xx lbs for base move x)

Wealth
6gp
sp
cp

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 23, 2018

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I went to sleep on this a bit on account of graduation weekend, but I'm ready to go.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Rumors and Tidbits
Ronelon:

quote:

"As the great mage Speigle said, 'Beware of purple worms.' A wise man heeds his advice."

"It is said that the great paladin Bannor was overcome by a horde of enemies in the dungeon. His mighty holy sword, Durial, is rumored to have been lost in the Hall of the Cyclops King."

"It's a giant sacrificial trap to power Orcus' and enable him to enter our plane!"

Thistle:

quote:

"The monks of the small shrine off the Coast Road are helpful to passersby."

"An entire army went into that place and not one in ten came back--why are you different?"

"It's an abomination--Orcus is conducting some massive, centuries-long ritual in there!"

Blaxton:

quote:

"There is a vast underground cavern system populated by hideous beasts under the Forest of Hope called 'The Barrows.'"

"A potent artifact called the Seal of Power was carried into the dungeon long ago by the mage-priest Donov. He hoped to use it to seal away the evil, restless spirits of the dungeon."

"Deep within the dungeon there is said to be a place where the light of the noonday sun still shines; this place is abhorred by the foul creatures that live within the caves and caverns."

Kithe:

quote:

"Zelkor, the good wizard of old, is now an evil lich living in the upper levels protecting the evil temple and descent into it."

"On the fourth level, there are no monsters, but wondrous amounts of gems."

"There is an insane blackguard named Ian the All-Seeing who collects the eyes of all he meets. He is said to have thousands of eyeballs in his collection now. He can control them, make them move about, and see things for him."

Bastian:

quote:

"A great library, once the property of the followers of Orcus, lies forgotten in a hidden level. Though it contains works of great evil, it also holds books that could be of great value to sages and adventurers as well."

"It's a death trap, that place--it's right in the name!"

"Deep within the dungeon there is said to be a place where the light of the noonday sun still shines; this place is abhorred by the foul creatures that live within the caves and caverns."

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 28, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Bit late to the party, but I'm throwing in a submission anyway.

Also, how will dicerolls be handled? I'm assuming Discord since it was mentioned in the OP, but I'm not that familiar with how all the various features works since I've only used it to idle in the TG chat channels. :shobon:

pre:
Taine

Class & Levels: Fighter 1
Race: Halfling
Alignment: Neutral

Experience Points: 0
XP Bonus: 5%

Hit Dice: 1D8 (+1 CON)
Hit Points: 9
Armor Class: 16 (+1 Dex, +4 Chain, +1 Shield)
Base Hit Bonus: Melee +1 (+1 STR), Ranged +2 (+1 DEX, +1 racial)

Saving Throw: 14 (+4 vs magic)

Abilities
STR: 13
INT: 9
WIS: 8
DEX: 13
CON: 13
CHA: 9

Languages
Common, Goblin

Appearance

Gear
Backpack
Bedroll
Tinderbox (with flint & steel)
Rations, Dried (1 week)
Waterskin
3 torches
Chain Armor (50lbs)
Dagger (2lbs)
Spear (10lbs)
Shield (10lbs)
50' Rope
Grapnel
2d6 gold pieces

(Total 82/85 lbs for base move 12)

Wealth
gp
sp
cp

Story
TBD

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lets do this :black101:

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

The Nameless Nine is down to six; make a character to join them or start a whole new group! (Mostly bumping this.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Updated house rules.

• Locked thread