Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

'ello, me name is terry "taz" flatum-breast. i drive a cab, into crowds of foreign looking types. it's 'ard work but somebody has got do it. oh me opinion on the football? it's bloody coming home mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i can dance nobbys dance

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

when ze seagulls

follow ze trawler

it's because zey zink

it's

coming

home

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
england have been denied water breaks

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Gary Lineker never got a yellow card in his entire career? I know he was a striker but still strikes me as a bit soft.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Gary Lineker never got a yellow card in his entire career? I know he was a striker but still strikes me as a bit soft.

More people watched him making GBS threads his pants than ever watched piers morgan do anything

Never forget this

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Kurtofan posted:

england have been denied water breaks

Fifa will stop at nothing, they would rather kill our players than see them advance

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sterling instead of Rashford or the Vardy Party seems dumb.

Quote this when he scores a couple goals.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Go and watch some 80s football on Youtube and look at what were considered to be acceptable tackles

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Eau de MacGowan posted:

More people watched him making GBS threads his pants than ever watched piers morgan do anything

Never forget this

I'm Irish, Lineker cacking himself is literally a key moment in Irish sporting history

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’m ready for England’s poo poo anthem.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

England vs Panama
Ref: Ghead Grisha (EGY)
VAR: Danny Makkelie (NED)

Grisha is the last referee on the list who definitely is going to get a game (with the possible exception of Karasev, the referee from Russia - surely he will get on the field?), so probably no long intros from here on in. Grisha has been an international since 2008, so it's clearly taken a bit of time for him to get to this point. He did 3rd place game at the 2015 African Nations Cup between Congo DR and Equatorial Guinea, 3rd place game at U20 World Cup 2015 between Senegal and Mali, and a quarter final at the 2016 Olympics between South Korea and Honduras. Curiously, though, only did one group game at the 2017 African Nations Cup. Know that was a year+ ago, but, I don't know what to make of a World Cup referee being one and done at their confederations most recent big tournament. So, hopefully he does well?

Japan vs Senegal
Ref: Gianluca Rocchi (ITA)
VAR: Massimiliano Irrati (ITA)

Rocchi worked Portugal - Spain previously. Really recognizable ref from European competition, too. Did the Atletico 1 Arsenal 0 semi final in the Europa League this season.

Poland vs Colombia
Ref: Cesar Arturo Ramos (MEX)
VAR: Mauro Vigliano (ARG)

Did Brazil - Switzerland previously. Pretty young guy. CONCACAF seems him as a big star so unless something terrible happens he will probably be at the next two world cups as well. He's alright.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
loftus-cheek

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
What is this? A lullaby?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

God save the Queen

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

look at our boys

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

for queen & country bless them

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

God Save The Queen is such a poo poo anthem. Thankfully it’s very short.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
this isn't Van Halen, but it's stirring stuff nonetheless

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Pump out that anthem Panama

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
the panamanians know how to sing an anthem

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im getting ahead of myself but

SE NE GAL

SE NE GAL

SE NE GAL

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
HAPPY AND GLORIOUS MOTHERFUCKERS

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Panamaniacs belting out their anthem. I smell an upset.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am ready fo lolz but also drunk and sleepy. Win win i guess

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

panama anthem is quite good for a poo poo country

Carrier
May 12, 2009

are boy gareth has a wonderful singing voice

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Panama has a poo poo anthem, but they put their hearts into it.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
England show a lot of detachment during their anthem, it could be nerves, I think it's more that they're focused on the win. There was a big shout of "Let's go boys!" or some other nonsense from Big 'Arry at the end. Panama on the other hand are belting out their anthem, there's even a few deathstares at the English and eyes closed singing. I would have said it'd be a close match based on passion and seriously daycent hair, but with the coach having a chuckle during it the only thing that can save Panama is if the captain does something heartwarming towards the mascot.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol at the Panama guy who looked exactly like rashford

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
annoying that the bbc UHD stream is like a minute behind. Gonna stick to the regular broadcast so i can shitpost with the lads

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

wow, Panama high marks on anthem participation effort

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

algebra testes posted:

I am ready fo lolz but also drunk and sleepy. Win win i guess

don't have to drink if you're still drunk at 2 pm. man touching face dot meme

it's coming home

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
it's coming home

saihttam