Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

gleebster posted:

Opposite. I don't want to crank an ice cream maker for hours. That said, if you're at a B&J stand, it's pretty good, but you can easily nowadays get good ice cream and just add your own crap to it if you're home.

Edit is not quote: the example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

gleebster posted:

Opposite. I don't want to crank an ice cream maker for hours. That said, if you're at a B&J stand, it's pretty good, but you can easily nowadays get good oce cream and just rear end your own crap to it if you're home.

what the hell kind of medieval ice cream maker are you using

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
As someone with a lot of experience cranking for sweet cream I... poo poo, I don't know where I was going with this.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

wizardofloneliness posted:

what the hell kind of medieval ice cream maker are you using

Well, none. Because I prefer to leave the cranking to others. I thought that was implied, and apologize for any confusion.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tillamook is the good poo poo.

My mommy lives near Tillamook and I was there over Christmas and brought home 7 pounds of cheese and other assorted nonsense and finally got to eat lunch there (I'd been there twice before but not during mealtime) and I specifically avoided their cheese heavy menu options and they were still very good. I mean if anyone else goes there probably just have some cheese pizza and a grilled cheese/tomo soup, but since I'm nearby a lot I figured I'd try their non cheese stuff and it was still really good.

Here's their fried oysters which are some of the best I've had on the Oregon coast

and heres their razer clam chowder which was good but Im no clam expert

and here's a tuner melt which was also very good

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That Oregon coast is a beautiful coast too.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

My mommy lives near Tillamook and I was there over Christmas and brought home 7 pounds of cheese and other assorted nonsense and finally got to eat lunch there (I'd been there twice before but not during mealtime) and I specifically avoided their cheese heavy menu options and they were still very good. I mean if anyone else goes there probably just have some cheese pizza and a grilled cheese/tomo soup, but since I'm nearby a lot I figured I'd try their non cheese stuff and it was still really good.

Here's their fried oysters which are some of the best I've had on the Oregon coast

I bet your shits were really good after that trip between all of the cheese and fried oysters.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

gleebster posted:

Well, none. Because I prefer to leave the cranking to others. I thought that was implied, and apologize for any confusion.

contrary to what you might remember from boy or girl scouts, there's this thing called electricity now and it churns your ice cream for you!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

mouthfeel

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

This, OP. if you want ice cream that is worth eating, make it yourself. Otherwise you may as well be chugging whipping cream out of the carton while eating spoonfuls of sugar

this is a great idea

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Used to be good

feller
Jul 5, 2006

atop photographing your food and just eat it

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

bird with big dick a clam expert??

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

As far as supermarket ice cream goes B&J is decent but overpriced in the UK. If not on offer it's usually £4.50 for a small carton.

I can get a large tub of Cornish ice cream for about half that, or if i'm feeling sassy I can get Tesco's Finest (smaller tub but a larger variety of flavours) for about 3 quid.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dell_Zincht posted:

As far as supermarket ice cream goes B&J is decent but overpriced in the UK. If not on offer it's usually £4.50 for a small carton.

I can get a large tub of Cornish ice cream for about half that, or if i'm feeling sassy I can get Tesco's Finest (smaller tub but a larger variety of flavours) for about 3 quid.

yikes yeah poo poo that's overpriced. it's already overpriced in america at $5 a pint unless it's on sale for $2.5 (generally rare).

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They got rid of the gobfather, gently caress me they got rid of the gobfather, poo poo, at least cherry Garcia still good, fu ck man, gently caress dude, they got rid of the gobfather, smdh they killed that sweet, sweet flavor in the garden with a heart attack

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
$5 and you dont even get listeria from it??

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ANUSTART posted:

$5 and you dont even get listeria from it??

I wish they still had the Godffather even if I got listeria every day! God's sake!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't like most of their flavors, they have way too much in them. Cherry Garcia is good, though, if you like cherry ice cream. It's not fake candy sweet like cherry ice cream can be, and the raw cherries and dark chocolate are nice. And it's not so much poo poo mixed in that you can't enjoy the actual texture of ice cream.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tillamook is the good poo poo. For the smaller sizes, I like Talenti gelato a lot, especially the layered ones.
Tillamook is definitely the best of the half-gallon ice cream, way better than Breyers or Dreyers. They also have a range of pint ice cream that's really good, especially the peach and peanut butter flavors.

Ice cream's a good diabetic dessert, since the fat content usually means there's less sugar, and you don't eat that much in a serving.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I wish they still had the Godffather even if I got listeria every day! God's sake!!!

What was in it, I never got to eat B&Js (lol))

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
They have some legit good flavors that are hard to find elsewhere. Cherry Garcia always gets a nod but my fave is chunky monkey. But its about 2x too expensive.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

You can also make your own butter! My girlfriend made some cultured butter and it was awesome

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ANUSTART posted:

What was in it, I never got to eat B&Js (lol))

The Gobfather: Chocolate ice cream with fudge-covered almonds & a nougat swirl

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It's sometimes good ice cream but it's not more than 6€ for half a liter good.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Elukka posted:

It's sometimes good ice cream but it's not more than 6€ for half a liter good.

Häagen-Dasz is also not worth it.

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011
It's a clever business model, 1/3 air, 2/3 cheap rear end sugar and fat for like 6€/500ml. It's much worse, if you look at the price by weight. About 19€ per kg. Compared to like 4€ per kg for regular ice cream.

Also it's dumb as gently caress to eat B&J if you have to watch your weight in the slightest and true low calorie ice cream like Halo Top exists that tastes just as good. No one needs these useless calories. It's like drinking sugary soft drinks when light drinks are just as sufficient.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Häagen-Dasz is also not worth it.

In China it's the only ice cream you can buy that's actually ice cream

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I'm 14 and I think Cherry Garcia rules.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

true low calorie ice cream like Halo Top exists that tastes just as good. No one needs these useless calories. It's like drinking sugary soft drinks when light drinks are just as sufficient.

Lol.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I also like Umpqua.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

yikes! posted:

atop photographing your food and just eat it

No

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Could be worse

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
As far as store bought goes, this is the best brand I've had: https://vanleeuwenicecream.com/pints/

But honestly once you go real fresh-made italian gelato, it's hard to go back to regular store-bought pints. of icecream

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It was all downhill as soon as they started using corn syrup

Rainforest Crunch was a stoners best friend in the 90s tho

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
yeah i agree OP tom and jerry wasnt that great

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

Also it's dumb as gently caress to eat B&J if you have to watch your weight in the slightest and true low calorie ice cream like Halo Top exists that tastes just as good. No one needs these useless calories. It's like drinking sugary soft drinks when light drinks are just as sufficient.

Halo sucks rear end. All the "light" ice creams suck rear end. It's like eating freezer-burned ice cream.

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

Ben and Jerrys Cherry Garcia froyo is delicious and not as fattening as regular.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

Just once I always wanted to see Ben successfully catch and eat Jerry

This is how Ben Parker died, giving spiderman an origin story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Once I got ripped off for weed at the Ben & Jerry's factory by some nice seeming hippies. It was the time before internet so I couldn't complain about it on Yelp or leave a bad review or whatever.

I've been saving this story for 30 years for you, theSomething Awful forums.