Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

syntaxfunction posted:

Just use a console?

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i have a bunch of money but a poo poo pc because i can't justify spending insane dollars with current pc part prices (i'm cheap)

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Dell_Zincht posted:

I play exclusively on PS4, op

:same:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't had a gaming PC in what feels like forever now

I don't have enough time to play all the very good games on my Nintendo Switch console, and I realize there are a lot of also very good games that I can't play on my Nintendo Switch console, but since I don't even have time to play all of the very good games I already have access to on my Nintendo Switch console, it doesn't really bother me at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
im gonna play some more icewind dale

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Did you know "Poor" households, 99.6% Have slow rear end gaming computers?

Source: U.S. Dept of Videogames

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I could load my game fast but I intentionally gently caress with the process to load it slower, which makes people like the OP get really mad. It's funny as hell, they get fuckin livid about it lmbo

Like look at this guy he's mad as hell about video games and losing because he can't handle bush league psych out stuff

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

syntaxfunction posted:

Just use a console?

An absolutely disgusting and debased post.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
expected three olives to be the OP, was disappointed greatly

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

An absolutely disgusting and debased post.

Keyboard and mouse is for spreadsheets :)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Chinatown posted:

An absolutely disgusting and based post.

ftfy

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

thats not how computers work OP, sounds like you're poor in knowledge

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
lol who the gently caress wants to work all week just to play games where you have to deal with more people

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Right?

I hope my children inherit my hatred of online multiplayer experiences and streaming.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

we need the poor people, they provide the important service of getting pwned by us leet gamers

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I wonder what will happen with the market for old games. I realize the aspect of million dollar sales of chameleon twist new in box are largely predicated on fraud and complete outliers but regular printings of games that people just want to play have not gone down much in the time that i've been looking.

Suikoden 2 is the only game I've paid over a hundred dollars for (~130) and it's around triple that now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i have a bunch of money but a poo poo pc because i can't justify spending insane dollars with current pc part prices (i'm cheap)
NVIDIA 1060 6 GB $500 TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT I KNOW WHAT I HAVE

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EorayMel posted:

expected three olives to be the OP, was disappointed greatly

How dare you compare me to someone who works.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 23, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

numberoneposter posted:

NVIDIA 1060 6 GB $500 TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT I KNOW WHAT I HAVE

i'm interested in the graphics card but if we're gonna do this deal could you take a picture of it next to your feet

thanks bud

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Bloop posted:

Keyboard and mouse is for spreadsheets :)

I'll kick your rear end using a keyboard and mouse.

How about you do a spreadsheet on your console. Oh wait! You can't! :smug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

kntfkr posted:

I wonder what will happen with the market for old games. I realize the aspect of million dollar sales of chameleon twist new in box are largely predicated on fraud and complete outliers but regular printings of games that people just want to play have not gone down much in the time that i've been looking.

Suikoden 2 is the only game I've paid over a hundred dollars for (~130) and it's around triple that now.

That's insane. Who the gently caress would pay that much for a game (besides you)?

I don't even pay full price for any game. Just like..... wait. It'll go on sale.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Minesweeper is free ya hosers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m gonna ray trace my nuts over your face OP

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'll kick your rear end using a keyboard and mouse.

How about you do a spreadsheet on your console. Oh wait! You can't! :smug:

I don't WANT TO

I also can't make toast with my toilet and I'm fine with that

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I toast my toilet all the time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I toast my toilet all the time.

:japan: :destiny:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lol

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

That's insane. Who the gently caress would pay that much for a game (besides you)?

I don't even pay full price for any game. Just like..... wait. It'll go on sale.

I sold off my GameCube collection about a year ago. Someone gave me like £250 for Fire Emblem

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chrs posted:

I sold off my GameCube collection about a year ago. Someone gave me like £250 for Fire Emblem

Ah ok. That's insane but it's a retro game and I can see it being a collectable. I don't pay full price for things on Steam and all that.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I sold a copy of Powerstone 2 for 100 bucks recently just cause it came up in a Discord server

Supposedly some of the games I have just laying around the room I'm sitting in right now could be sold to buy me a new computer, but eh, I have no idea where the hell to find a buyer for a loose copy of Ys Eternal collector's edition, a ratty copy of the metroid prime trilogy steelbook edition, insector X, or whatever else

This is supposedly worth 70 dollars?

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 24, 2022

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
Poor people having bad experiences playing video games encourages better life choices.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Poor people having bad experiences playing video games encourages better life choices.

Jesus loving christ what a disgusting sentiment

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not playing video games is an objectively good choice regardless of your hardware, so despite this being 3O I'd have to begrudgingly note that he's got a point.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

signalnoise posted:

Jesus loving christ what a disgusting sentiment

I didn't say what those choices were, projecting much?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

It's true, my bad experience was playing with 3O and listening to him cry about how he has money and no love in his life.

The better life choice was laughing.

Thank you 3O. By way of hideous example you inspire lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Poor people should have free access to video games to make living in this hell world created by useless rich people slightly more tolerable.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

If you're rich and playing video games are you really rich? And don't give me the streamer eSports poo poo. If they were actually rich enough they'd be able to stop playing videogames.

If you play videogames at all, you aren't rich. You're a loving poser.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Three Olives posted:

:nexus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Three Olives posted:

I didn't say what those choices were, projecting much?

Is that really the conversation you want to have, Three Olives? If it's a conversation about projection you want, would you like me to talk about some bad experiences I've had playing video games while poor? Maybe we could compare circumstances? How was your Apple IIe experience between sessions locked away in a cages in grade school, 3O? Which games did you try to escape with when you were homeless? Did daddy fix your homelessness, or did you find some other way to being the pretentious piece of poo poo you are today?