Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it spread freedom via use of the phrase "face diaper"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I only have to work in an office once every two months. Everywhere accepts credit cards. Can order food for delivery from anywhere. Paper is even more obsolete. I remodeled my kitchen.

On the other hand I work for a retailer who is experiencing covid boom comedown and every time I look at my 401k a few thousand dollars are lost :sigh:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hiding a body in a pile of bodies is super easy

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can't spell 'mass grave' without 'rear end rave'

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Get to hide a part of this ugly face behind a mask. So that's always nice.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Work from home got more acceptable and I was able to find a pretty good position now that it's more common. Also my husband normalized working from home and he only goes to the office two days a week now and it's great. And we didn't have to go to family get-togethers for 2 whole rear end years!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

What's an rear end year

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

They are all rear end years now

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah i eat time

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
nothing, lmao. we're hosed if we get another pandemic.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The Herman Cain Award subreddit is the loving funniest thing I've seen in years.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Working from home and not going out much fit me perfectly fine, and I had an embarrassingly pleasant lockdown. Besides, my work has long periods of not really filling a full five days per week, so being able to get things done in a couple of hours and then loving off for the rest of the day was great.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I don't worry about large scale problems like climate change anymore because now I know we aren't going to do poo poo about it.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Working from home means I never need to wash my hands or body

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The company I worked for didn't adapt, went downhill, announced impending mass redundancies. I went job hunting for a safety net, ended up with two, volunteered for redundancy and the payout is covering my wedding later this year. And now I work exclusively from home.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
My company went full work from home and now has to compete with companies based in higher COL areas for talent, which meant all of our salaries went up by a decent chunk. Win loving win.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

HD DAD posted:

My company went full work from home and now has to compete with companies based in higher COL areas for talent, which meant all of our salaries went up by a decent chunk. Win loving win.

oh cool so you're part of the white collar class that was already well off that only got better off.

and now you're going to start gentrifying and loving up the housing market for everyone else in your local area with your new wealth

:bravo:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

STABASS posted:

nothing changed significantly for me

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i finally quit my toxic stressful career and got into a new field. now i have a new toxic stressful job but i get to do it from home in my underwear and on drugs.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i was in my final year of mech engineering in college and simultaneously going through a divorce while taking care of my 2 kids so the pandemic was a minor distraction for me at the time lol. and then after the initial panic died down the only difference was that i had to wear a mask

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Methanar posted:

oh cool so you're part of the white collar class that was already well off that only got better off.

and now you're going to start gentrifying and loving up the housing market for everyone else in your local area with your new wealth

Extracting more money from the owner/investor class down to middle class employees is a net benefit.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Methanar posted:

A bloo bloo bloo STFU Methanar people are sharing positive stories and you just can't help having a sook about it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Methanar posted:

Stfu dipshit

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the pandemic revealed that we don't have to worry about climate change or any other global crisis that requires cooperation and sacrifice to mitigate. it will happen, but aside from a few fringe truthers we will collectively agree to ignore it and comfort ourselves that anyone dying of heat stroke or famine probably had a comorbidity.

in short, covid confirmed that any reality is possible if you simply believe in it enough.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A lot of cynical misanthropes had their entire world view validated.

Yup! Ha Ha, optimists! You're undeniably wrong! Things are actually bad, I win!

:smith:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Methanar posted:

Lmao suck my vaccine-engorged balls

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Computer viking posted:

Extracting more money from the owner/investor class down to middle class employees is a net benefit.

Poohs Packin posted:

A bloo bloo bloo STFU Methanar people are sharing positive stories and you just can't help having a sook about it.

Peggy Edson posted:

Stfu dipshit

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lmao suck my vaccine-engorged balls

Reminder: Methanar is a literal basement dwelling computer touching Canadian who made (or makes) six figures a year and then moved to Las Vegas for some reason (to save money?), and is a pasty white guy now gentrifying a cheaper American city :lol:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

:lmao:

I'd forgotten that. Goddamned Vegas, too.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

AHH F/UGH posted:

Reminder: Methanar is a literal basement dwelling computer touching Canadian who made (or makes) six figures a year and then moved to Las Vegas for some reason (to save money?), and is a pasty white guy now gentrifying a cheaper American city :lol:

He moved to Vegas because Canadian winters made him sad. Now he's not any happier with Vegas summers. :lol:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

My white collar job gave me big promotions and raises since multiple people above me quit, since they did not like the offices covid protections. I am unashamedly happy about this turn of events.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

He moved to Vegas because Canadian winters made him sad. Now he's not any happier with Vegas summers. :lol:

It's hard being rich wealthy moneyed stupid and white

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

A goon getting called out on doing the literal exact same thing that they called out another goon for doing is my new favorite thing about the pandemic.

Get hosed lol

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
A lot of people died so there's more oxygen for me to breathe now, net positive

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
A bunch of assholes bought outdoor equipment they never used, and I get to take it off their hands on the cheap

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I completely broke my $5 a day Starbucks habit the moment lockdown started and I’ve never looked back. I make my own cold brew now.

I learned the better way to grocery shop is to buy a ton of stuff to last a week or two instead of going multiple times a week.

My part time freelance gig became a full time job and there are no immediate plans to go back to the office I never worked at to begin with.

My wife got into gardening and we had fresh cucumbers, tomato’s, zucchini, lettuce and rainbow chard.

Got to spend so much time with my kid who was 4 to 6 during pandemic and she doesn’t see anything weird about the whole ordeal. This is normal to her.

Been doing a ton of drawing and guitar playing.

We all got COVID after being vaccinated and didn’t die.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Welp, I suppose there was a whole bunch of Zoom reunions and interviews and stuff no one probably would have done if people weren't bored at home all day.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
We saw an explosion of creative talent, artists reforming, new albums being made.
Now post lockdown era it's very much a roaring 20's vibe, lots of great shows, concerts, partying.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

its all nice on rice posted:

Rush Limbaugh died.

Lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol yup :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

When our daughter was born, it was still in the midst of the shut-downs so I was able to work from home and able to help my wife out and give her breaks and watch the little one grow, all without having to take a lot of time off

That was cool