Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pandemic bad but some of it has been cool. In those early days I rode a bike on roads that were never possible to ride on. I’ve never seen them so empty and it felt like one of those post-apocalyptic video games. Eerie but also serene. In some small way I wish to experience that moment again.

Also it was wild to experience a whole society just up and stop meeting in person. Takeout and delivery became the only way to experience food? Remote work just became a thing overnight? Concerts, movies, musicals all just canceled like that? John Krasinski had an online talk show? Hard to overstate how nuts it all was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Rush Limbaugh died.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
It was really funny when Trump got covid.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I learnt to cut my own hair. Never liked going to hair dressers. Now I can give myself a passable trim in like 10 minutes.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ziggy Smalls posted:

It was really funny when Trump got covid.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It improved a lot of people's vocabulary by at least a couple of words.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Vegetable posted:

John Krasinski had an online talk show?

Sick poo poo

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
all of the people with bad political views outed themselves

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Doctors and nurses that were having affairs had a ready made excuse for coming home late.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
A bunch of really lovely hicks died or at least have injured lungs.

Also I finally had time to digitize all my old CDs, my life was never quite complete without a complete rip of the Harvey Danger album.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Pathologic hoarding of toilet paper became socially acceptable. It's like i can finally breathe

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

People didn't wonder why I self-isolate.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I didn't have to choose between putting on makeup or getting asked if I'm sick.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
nobody gives me the third degree for buying pounds of robotussin

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sadly didn't seem to bring the prices down much if at all

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
* Social security can now keep on chugging for a few more years now all the old expensive people are dead
* Exodus of workers from the labor market shifts power back into the hands of labor a tiny bit (watch Biden start a wage and hiring freeze, lmao)
* It's still up in the air whether a sterilizing vaccine can be made for coronaviruses, and if not, companies like Pfizer and Moderna make for great additions to your stock portifolio
* Watching China dominate the Olympic games for the next fifty years is going to be a treat, if they can continue suppressing outbreaks like they have so far
* If China fails to suppress an outbreak, manufacturing will be hosed forever, possibly delaying the climate crisis at the cost of society reverting back to the 1800's
* No matter how hard you gently caress up in life, there's always the comforting thought that at least you're not as big as a gently caress-up as Tony Three-Plagues

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

As a young essential non-medical solo worker I got tons of overtime and never got sick, quarantine times was awesome

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my balls got a lot bigger from four doses of vaccine. i had to buy all new pants because they wouldn't fit in my old ones. chicks dig my humongous testicles.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's a good thing it's over once and forever and we never have to adjust how we live :)

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
years of mastering hermit life finally paid off

got to drive to work with no traffic for a while

many people said "gently caress it" and stopped doing things that suck

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I have a form of face-blindness, and facemasks were awesome. Perfect get-out-of-jail-free card.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
get to hide my stupid face behind a mask

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I have had near crippling chronic right eye pain since mid 2017. Found out thanks to the pandemic that if I wear a mask I can blow warm humid air directly into my eye, which soothes it more than any drop I’ve tried outside of lidocaine. If I’m wearing a mask, there’s a 90% chance it’s because my eye feels like it’s on fire, and blowing my own breath on it is the only thing keeping me from jumping off a bridge at that current moment.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I am now completely justified when I say I don’t breathe around fat people, whereas before I was thought to be a snob

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

I am now completely justified when I say I don’t breathe around fat people, whereas before I was thought to be a snob

:slick:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
nothing changed significantly for me

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A lot of cynical misanthropes had their entire world view validated.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I always wished we could wear masks without looking crazy like they do in japan, and now we can

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
I started dating a girl in the summer of the first wave and now we live together

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MrQwerty posted:

I started dating a girl in the summer of the first wave and now we live together

Same except we started 2 weeks before things started shutting down and now we're engaged

Also I bought a bidet to alleviate TP use and I'll never look back

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

The whole pandemic helped me to get rid of a lot of toxic people in my life, I moved to a different country , have a amazing job and I'm actually happy for the first time in decades :unsmith:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ElectricSheep posted:

Same except we started 2 weeks before things started shutting down and now we're engaged

Also I bought a bidet to alleviate TP use and I'll never look back

We have to take care of some stuff like our living situation and etc. but I'm pretty sure I'm going to marry her at some point, COVID lockdown really brought out everyone's worst self and if that was hers and that was mine, might as well.

also goddamn it I want a bidet, throw it on the pile

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

They let me WFH and Ill be damned by God before going back to making GBS threads in a public bathroom 5 days a week.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Social distancing is awesome because gross clueless people are no longer breathing down my neck and pushing their bodies into my back as I wait in line. Even before Covid that was unacceptable. Give me some space! :argh:

Also, people wash their hands more, myself included. At least, I hope they do.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
People pay good money for used masks if you don't mention that they're used

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's been awful

However for my own amusement every time I go on an errand especially like to a grocery store I always notice how much it's like the beginning of a apocalyptic zombie type movie

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I played a lot of video game.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Private catering and super yacht charters really went belly up which was good for two reasons:

1. I pivoted careers away from chef work and am using my degree

2. Lol rich people

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I got paid the same amount of money to do the same amount of "real" work, but not have to drive into the office every day. Once our State's (dumb as poo poo) outdoor park closures were lifted it was one of the best summers I've ever had, I went out hiking, camping, or dirt bike riding every day I didn't have to work. My small family (mom and brother's family) was part of my "bubble" and I spent more time with them then I had in well over a decade. None of us ever got sick, and we all remained employed throughout. It was one of the best summers of my life and I still feel a little guilty about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
it greatly accelerated research in mRNA vaccines