Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

deep dish peat moss posted:

Monster #1 belongs to Mister Speaker but you can name your monster if you would like. I added a list of the monsters and who they are assigned to, to the OP

I already got #15. Looked like Enclave armor monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You were randomly assigned #3 which is the enclave armor :colbert: #15 was assigned to ClamdestineBoyster. Monsters have strict rules, you know, when they are marching off to death-battle in the arena.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Monster #11 might just be a burning koala

Hell yeah. I'll call him Steve. The only marsupial to graduate from Pyromancer University.

Though clearly, his doctoral thesis in Applied Fireballs went horrendously wrong.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Monster #15 is probably the best monster and now it is yours

Ah Flowerilla, goes around the forest offering sliced fruit and cheeses to primates. :munch:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Monster #14 is mad at a god that grew bored while drawing them and left them with just hosed up fingers and things

I feel like rage at their creator will serve them well on the battlefield

I shall name them Taczell. Nice and consonant-y

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Percy isn't gonna be fighting in the death-battles

me and him are gonna fly off into space to find the ancient race that made him

peace out

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Ive decided mine is named Psilo

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Monster #25 can take on most kinds of weeks with their mix of high fashion and combat garb

He shall be named Zorlobb.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

curlingiron posted:

He shall be named Zorlobb.

Name him Gannon

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Can we update the OP to reflect my monster's (#8) true and fearsome name:

Mister Treeble

His special power is being very smol and also he smells like cinnamon.
He is also a very kind monster and bakes pies for the other monsters to enjoy.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Mashing for a monster.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Name him Gannon

No. :mad:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Then name him Donkey Kong

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Linux Pirate posted:

Mashing for a monster.

Monster #10 is a storm lord

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

can I name other monsters? That one looks like a Julia

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

LordAdakos posted:

Can we update the OP to reflect my monster's (#8) true and fearsome name:

Mister Treeble

His special power is being very smol and also he smells like cinnamon.
He is also a very kind monster and bakes pies for the other monsters to enjoy.

Yes. Once all 28 monsters are assigned everyone will have an opportunity to write about their monster's abilities and name before they go off to die

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
do me please. have your way

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

do me please. have your way

Monster #5 is some kind of onion bulb thing

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
thank you

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Any of them left?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I may have gotten ahead of myself but thats because I was genuinely pleased with my randomly assigned monster pal

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

AKZ posted:

Any of them left?

Monster #28 is a tiny knight with laser fists

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
I would be delighted to have a monster buddy whilst I continue my first dance with the devil that is the COVID-19.

This thread is already great.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Storm lord, gently caress yeah.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Discernibly Turgid posted:

I would be delighted to have a monster buddy whilst I continue my first dance with the devil that is the COVID-19.

This thread is already great.

Monster #23 is a fairly civilized beast

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Monster time

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

28 seems like a lot of monsters to try and "fit up in there" :ohdear:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Monster #24 tries to be a bit more civilized than Monster #23

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The following monsters still need assignments:

That's nine monsters!

The battle bracket has been created though:

If you have been assigned a monster please tell us any facts about it that should be accounted for when an AI describes a battle scene.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Monster 25, Zorlobb, has high-tech armor that allows him to fly and swim underwater. He also has healing powers. The little dude on the top of his helmet is a cute robotic sidekick he can send out to scout the area, and it can also fly. Sidekick’s name is Zedd.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Monster #5 (aka doubletits) is a wizened lot lizard skilled at simple seduction, hiding, and knives. vulnerable to narcotics and forgettable types

avan
Apr 26, 2010
I would greatly appreciate a monster kind goon.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

avan posted:

I would greatly appreciate a monster kind goon.

Monster #19 is some kind of weird bug thing and I hate it, it's gross

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

Monster #23 is a fairly civilized beast

Composed of an odorless, tar-like substance and with an unnervingly featureless face, Horace opted to wear this severed, hollowed out bear’s head atop his own in the hopes of appearing merely monstrous. Once engaged in combat, he plans to remove the bear head and scare the sweet-Jemima-crankshaft out of his opponents before engulfing them whole (or whatever the hell it is that he does, which could also be to ooze into their mouths and fill their lungs or something.)

Ho-ray for Ho-race!

You’re going down, loathsome bug thing.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Monster #7 is a berry-dangler

Behold, Lord Funglebuck!

Slipping from the primordial sludge, his existence veiled in secrecy for a thousand thousand generations, his molecules eventually took the form of the trees which sprang forth millions of years ago. He used the forests of the primitive Earth as camouflage as he moved about, plotting, and scheming, eventually formulating his plan to dominate the creatures he saw evolving around him. Though he was mostly unseen for millions of years, the occasional traveler, sometimes beast-like, eventually appearing much like what we would now call human attempted to eat from the fruit of his branches. All tried to resist but were eventually drawn in by the beauty of his throbbing red berry. All were laid low by the vile blood that courses through his forbidden fruit.

He stands now amongst the innumerable trees of Appalachia, watching...and waiting. He knows that human kind has perhaps evolved to a point where he will be unable to defeat them alone. He also sees that though they are great in number, perhaps reaching a tipping point in their evolution, they just don't seem very intelligent in this region of Earth. So he quietly recruits his leafy brethren, knowing that together, they can defeat the collective monster that is mankind.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Percy, as previously mentioned, is a remnant of an ancient space program. Research into his systems have discovered he is a Punching Energy Robot Class YOLO. We believe an ancient race of extra-terrestrials built these formidable robots to "YOLO" out into the cosmos in search of life.

Percy is equipped with a large array of dope alien lasers and incredible defensive strength, due to being made from an unknown alien alloy. Personality wise though he is actually really chill and friendly.

It seems that while objective A for these robots was to make friends with cool forums posters (like his owner), they won't hesitate to defend themselves if attacked by monsters or bad posters.

He also loves smoking weed.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Oh man hook me up I want to see where this goes!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Monster #14 is mad at a god that grew bored while drawing them and left them with just hosed up fingers and things

Taczell has channeled his anger at this creator-dictated limitations into powerful psychic abilities. His suit was specially designed to support his frail body from the forces it experiences when channeling his powers. His helmet aids in focus for his telepathic powers and aim for his telekenisis

When out of battle he enjoys long baths, complicated Russian novels, and needle-felting. Finally seeking out therapy for his anger and self-worth issues last year has helped him a lot. He's planning on getting a pet soon, and this is his driving motivation for victory!

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I would like a drawing of an assigned monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Monster #28 is a tiny knight with laser fists

Yo sweet his name is Gary Grice and has this dude as his sidekick to bump sweet tunes.

Gary's laser fists are shockingly ineffective but he can kick like a mule to great effect. His kingdom burnt, his home razed, and his spirit shattered Gary's here to drink 8Loko (twice as strong as 4Loko) and kick rear end.