Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Slightly Absurd posted:

All I Cbat For Christmas Is You
https://rave.dj/82uQdwUJKZ43Zw

Flipperwaldt edit: audio only

ManiacClown posted:

(I've Made) The Ride Of My Life

It's Dirty Dancing meets Christmas!

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Naughty List, a holiday cover of Walk the Walk by Face to Face

https://soundcloud.com/theskinnymen...=social_sharing

im_sorry posted:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wc2k5KE4ZBiZ7ljaJsO5tskYJthKq4QW/view?usp=share_link

The triumphant return of Mitri and Pteri.
(My other track can be credited to Bonzi and the Ponzis)

ManiacClown posted:

Thank you to Schweinhund for the music. The bells in particular are :perfect:.

Sixty Toys

Paladinus posted:

The announcement of Hades 2 has inspired me to actually finish this thing.
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/setting-sleigh-bringing-gifts
(If you listen closely, you can hear the bells from All I Want for Christmas is You)

Grammarchist posted:

American Grinch
https://soundcloud.com/genghis-don/...=social_sharing

This is easily one of the dumbest things I've done for these threads, but it's a nice way to skirt the whole "can't talk without coughing" thing.

sporklift posted:

The "band" is called Just Beans and the song is For Crismis

https://soundcloud.com/pete-moss-71553157/for-chrismis-1

Canned Panda posted:

So I found this album called Jazz Wolves and it inspired me to make something similar.

Xmas Wolves

ManiacClown posted:

This is the debut of The Big Top Brothers, namely me ("singing") and my brother genius0o7 (guitar), who hasn't logged in to the forums in probably close to if not a decade.

For your listening experience— be it pleasure and/or horror— we present Kirk's Red Wreath!

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Let's take a somber moment to remember The Death of Grandma Fitzgerald

Glad I got this done; this is literally the first day since Veteran's Day where my voice could handle singing through a full song.

Feliz Navidall, and I apologize to everybody who actually speaks French because I do not.

Sombrerotron posted:

I bring you Carol. Enjoy??

ManiacClown posted:

I've edited my post above to reflect that neither my brother nor I were quite happy with the original take of Kirk's Red Wreath, so we slowed it down and tightened it up a little. Here's Take 2. My "singing" has its flaws beyond my general lack of ability, but I think this version turned out better. The original can be considered bonus material.

Tree Bucket posted:

I've never made A Music before, and this is probably way too sincere/amateurish for Goomas, but here is Silent Night accompanied by various bugs, birds, winds, tree noises, and weird crunching sounds in the undergrowth!
https://soundcloud.com/tree-bucket/...=social_sharing

ManiacClown posted:

Many thanks to my collaborators DeathTongue (main vocals), Grammarchist, and a cloned version of myself with a slightly higher voice. Elf On the Toy Line* is the first track from Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Czolgosz All-Stars, which is what I'm going to call it if I collaborate with more than one other person at a time. I figure it'll be a thing like Gorillaz except that to say I have way less talent than Damon Albarn is a massive understatement, as well as that that is itself also at least a significant if not also massive understatement.

ManiacClown posted:

I had only intended to use this as background for a scene in this year's Santa Odin story, but I thought people might end up wanting it on its own so here it is.

Ho, Ho, Ho, It's Eurotrash

ManiacClown posted:

:black101:

It is complete! The fourth installment of the Santa Odin series is upon us. Join me as I tell you how I Saw One Ship (Called Naglfar)!

Zoesdare posted:

This might be the dumbest and worst thing my partner and I have ever made together.

https://soundcloud.com/user8135872-1/old-mcdonald-had-a-sanctuary-farm

ScrootyMcboog posted:

I have two to give this year, unfortunately I'm not sure how to convert to the preferred file type as my friend and I collaborated on these remotely this year but these should be downloadable

I hope you folks like Danny Elfman. I learned a lot about how (not) to use my DAW making this.

https://on.soundcloud.com/F47mT

And a merry mashup

https://on.soundcloud.com/sZqTm

PinkoBastard posted:

I wasn’t gonna do anything but I didn’t want to not follow through, so I put together a short soundscapey thing tonight. Tbh I wish I had time to work more on it but it was fun to do:

https://soundcloud.com/user-8285005...=social_sharing

ManiacClown posted:

All right, so you know how I said I was going to do another "gift of information" track? Reading from only four sections of United States Code somehow ended up being over three minutes longer than when I read an entire article of the Uniform Commercial Code. Enjoy(?) Coups Are Naughty.

Superrodan posted:

I mentioned earlier that I had one from a two years ago I never finished... this isn't that one. That other one's super low effort though, so there's a tiny chance I finish it and post it before Christmas, even if its not technically on time.

Anyways, here's my Christmas Carol from the year 2069.

https://soundcloud.com/superrodando...=social_sharing

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Here we go!

Ebeneezer, a holiday cover of Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift

https://soundcloud.com/theskinnymen...=social_sharing

Superrodan posted:

So they let us get off of work early so I managed to spend some time finishing this. It's a SAXMAS miracle!

https://soundcloud.com/superrodandota/the-bells/s-SwFpk89QTOX?si=3744155ab796481e9bfb56d708c46fc3

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Pug Rodeo posted:

Get an external drive case for it my friend and plug that sucker into USB.

Case nothing. You can get a USB connector on Amazon for under $10, but I'd probably spend the extra $3 or so and go with this one from StarTech.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Canned Panda posted:

I've been trying to come up with a new Pastor Ned song, but I haven't had the right inspiration yet.

Hopefully something hits me soon!

Is Pastor Ned going to try to hit the big time at a Megachurch Music Festival, perhaps as the plucky underdog?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Grammarchist posted:

Is Pastor Ned going to try to hit the big time at a Megachurch Music Festival, perhaps as the plucky underdog?

Yeah! It's time for Ned to really chase his dreams of bringing love of Jesus to the masses and what better way to do that than at [EVENT NAME HERE]?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

ShredsYouSay posted:

Glad you liked it, someone requested a super long version at the time too

https://soundcloud.com/shredsyousay/langeweinachtswalzerausblenden

I really liked Weihnachtsmannlied from the same year. Rammstein meets jingle bells.

https://soundcloud.com/user-530987418/weihnachtsmannlied

I love it, and even better the original drives my wife crazy so I will be adding your version to our Christmas playlist, probably multiple times.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ManiacClown posted:

Yeah! It's time for Ned to really chase his dreams of bringing love of Jesus to the masses and what better way to do that than at [EVENT NAME HERE]?

As a huge fan of The Righteous Gemstones (definitely check it out if you haven't already) and someone who despises mega churches and Joel Osteen, please do this.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

As a huge fan of The Righteous Gemstones (definitely check it out if you haven't already) and someone who despises mega churches and Joel Osteen, please do this.

The Ultimate Gospel Battle with Uncle Baby Billy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Grammarchist posted:

The Ultimate Gospel Battle with Uncle Baby Billy.

Ol' Pastor Ned got caught running through the house with a pickle in his mouth.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I’m in for this year. I mostly do drone and dark ambient style stuff so who knows what’s gonna happen. I’m open to collab too!

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

PinkoBastard posted:

I’m in for this year. I mostly do drone and dark ambient style stuff so who knows what’s gonna happen. I’m open to collab too!

I’d love a link to your work. And you may be able to get away with a moody ambient piece that periodically hears Santa being dragged through a subterranean chamber while being poked by goblins before getting lost in the tunnels again.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Hasturtium posted:

I’d love a link to your work.

I’ll pm you :)

Hasturtium posted:

And you may be able to get away with a moody ambient piece that periodically hears Santa being dragged through a subterranean chamber while being poked by goblins before getting lost in the tunnels again.

This… actually sounds pretty good lol, who’s sending me the Santa voice files??

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 10, 2022

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 10, 2022

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

PinkoBastard posted:

I’ll pm you :)

This… actually sounds pretty good lol, who’s sending me the Santa voice files??

I'm down. I love doing a Santa voice enough that for some reason I read an entire article of the Uniform Commercial Code that way for 2016's album. Should it also include the goblins?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

ManiacClown posted:

I'm down. I love doing a Santa voice enough that for some reason I read an entire article of the Uniform Commercial Code that way for 2016's album. Should it also include the goblins?

This sounds awesome. I’ve PMed Pinko - let’s figure out a way to collude on this.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
We have our Santa (it’s you ManiacClown)! Hasturtium is going to put together a script, you folks can collab if you’re up for it! I’m starting to bank some sleigh bell sounds and drones for this insane idea… it’s gonna be fun!

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 11, 2022

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

And I've PMed Hasturtium! PinkoBastard, if you're up for it, you could also maybe do the backing track once I record Kirk's Red Wreath.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
Idea 1 - Christmas Card from an ex-Prince in the UK
Done to the style of the Tom Waits song about either a letter going to or from Ghislane Maxwell to (ex)Prine Andrew

Idea 2 - Eddie Murphy, Little Donkey
Mainly Shrek Memes about Eddie Murphy being remembered for being the voice of Donkey or fat people in suits as opposed to his stand up.

Gave up on both as idea 1 became nothing due to no jokes, idea 2 seemed like I wanted to kill Eddie Murphy which simply isn't true

I don't get it anymore

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
I do however have this whole Kanye - anti-semitism thing going on based on the track Power which I think I will submit as a Christmas song anyway

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

WhyZodiac posted:

Idea 1 - Christmas Card from an ex-Prince in the UK
Done to the style of the Tom Waits song about either a letter going to or from Ghislane Maxwell to (ex)Prine Andrew

Idea 2 - Eddie Murphy, Little Donkey
Mainly Shrek Memes about Eddie Murphy being remembered for being the voice of Donkey or fat people in suits as opposed to his stand up.

Gave up on both as idea 1 became nothing due to no jokes, idea 2 seemed like I wanted to kill Eddie Murphy which simply isn't true

I don't get it anymore

There IS Nestor the Christmas Donkey if you want to try to incorporate that into Idea 2 somehow. I think Nestor is the one Rankin/Bass holiday movie I've never seen.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

ManiacClown posted:

And I've PMed Hasturtium! PinkoBastard, if you're up for it, you could also maybe do the backing track once I record Kirk's Red Wreath.

I could take a stab! My music is a little unconventional so I don’t know if it will be up your alley - although I might be able to collab with someone else to get something good going!

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
I just had a dumb idea... a song where Santa goes to Elon Musk about upgrading his sleigh, and when he meets the guy, it's right after buying Twitter, and Santa discovers why he belongs at the top of the naughty list.

I can't sing or write lyrics, so I'll get an AI to sing and possibly write the lyrics.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 12, 2022

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

im_sorry posted:

I just had a dumb idea... a song where Santa goes to Elon Musk about upgrading his sleigh, and when he meets the guy, it's right after buying Twitter, and Santa discovers why he belongs at the top of the naughty list.

I can't sing or write lyrics, so I'll get an AI to sing and possibly write the lyrics.

This sounds awesome.

I've been trying to think of potential album names/art/themes and coming up empty. Maybe the Musk Twitter takeover would be a fun referential thing to work with, in lieu of the OTHER horrible things happening around the world.

That's not to say that horrible things can't inspire some amazingly cathartic songs and such. The 2016 thread was pretty great, especially Goon Aid: https://saxmas.robotcousin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/4-14-Whyd-We-Ruin-our-Christmastime_.mp3

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Grammarchist posted:

There IS Nestor the Christmas Donkey if you want to try to incorporate that into Idea 2 somehow. I think Nestor is the one Rankin/Bass holiday movie I've never seen.

Don’t forget Dominic the Donkey if you’re looking for weird donkey themed Christmas songs to spoof.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca5wXojemRM

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Grammarchist posted:

I've been trying to think of potential album names/art/themes and coming up empty. Maybe the Musk Twitter takeover would be a fun referential thing to work with, in lieu of the OTHER horrible things happening around the world.

Regardless of the art chosen, it should have an arbitrary :eightbux: or two, because it's official, you see :lol:

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Awful Xmas 2022: Merrified

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Awful Xmas 2022: 44bn Reasons to Celebrate

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

alright, whatever Santa Claus. Have fun with your Holiday Cheer

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

alright, whatever Santa Claus. Have fun with your Holiday Cheer

What?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Grammarchist posted:

Awful Xmas 2022: Merrified
I like.

It refers to a post by the mopey interloper who didn't like a Christmas thread this early in the year way back on the long forgotten first page of this thread.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

I like.

It refers to a post by the mopey interloper who didn't like a Christmas thread this early in the year way back on the long forgotten first page of this thread.

Y’know, I was thinking that, but then thought 'we're not still replying to that goon, are we?' but hey, whatever :shobon:

Looking forward to more musics! We gotta kick this thread into hyper drive!

This weekend, I'm planning on starting a few tracks, quite possibly doing the finale of the Mumble trilogy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Kristopher Kringle says hello

Jon Rechner Hymnal

FLAC

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Jon Rechner Hymnal

FLAC

Love it! We need more wrestling-related Christmas songs. I think there was a "Christmas Suplex" song a few years back, but couldn't find it off-hand.

If I run into Mick Foley at this year's fruitcake-eating contest I'll challenge him to join the forums and get in on this fun. Or he'll beat me senseless with a giant candy cane.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Grammarchist posted:

I think there was a "Christmas Suplex" song a few years back, but couldn't find it off-hand.
JossiRossi - Christmas Suplex from 2019

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Not sure if I want to finally hammer out the details of some projects I’ve had in mind for years, or to spend time on the idea that just came to me on the drive home - “The Death of Grandma Fitzgerald”.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Not sure if I want to finally hammer out the details of some projects I’ve had in mind for years, or to spend time on the idea that just came to me on the drive home - “The Death of Grandma Fitzgerald”.

Please do both things.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

For this year's album title I'd like to bring back a suggestion I made for a previous album.

Merry Christmas! Album's Full.

The art could maybe have Krampus (or some other holiday figure) recreating the classic Cousin Eddie moment from Christmas Vacation.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 17, 2022

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.

ManiacClown posted:

For this year's album title I'd like to bring back a suggestion I made for a previous album.

Merry Christmas! Album's Full.

The art could maybe have Krampus (or some other holiday figure) recreating the classic Cousin Eddie moment from Christmas Vacation.

Cousin Eddie pumping bars of music into the sewer

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I'm still trying to figure out my Pastor Ned song (I have a STRONG contender right now, but I'm not sure I can pull it off how I want), but I have another idea based off of this extremely strange album I was introduced to today.

We'll see what happens.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Aww, I'm really happy some people remembered this one, it's maybe one of my favorite monsters.

I washed out last year so I'm hoping to get one in. Got a few ideas I've been mulling over that are all weird enough to be worth attempting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Christmas in the Air
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/real-and-alive-david-bowie-christmas-in-the-air

I haven't seen The Santa Clause in ages, so the lyrics are based more on my vague memories of the movie than the actual plot. Which might be for the best.