Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

fool of sound posted:

I'd roll for the three and announce them to the thread, same with lesser ties.

everyone self-vote, that way there's no possible way scum could influence the outcome of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

any efforts to consolidate a vote behind anyone is inherently scummy

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry if it’s unclear but each person still only has one vote on Day 0. The top three are taken, but you may only choose one.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

quote:

On Night 0, each Scum player may ##Select [Godfather/Ninja/Robbin’ Hood], becoming that Role for the remainder of the game. Each of these options may only be selected once. Scum players who become Masonic Blind Tinkers may not Select another role. Scum players who Select a role may still receive a Gift.

I'd much rather make definite choices about who to elect and try to read what happens to the gamestate afterwards than leave this entirely to chance, given that scum don't want to be selected for this.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

This is also a prime opportunity to develop reads on people. A first day that doesn't require killing anybody to get information. Can't think of a good reason to pass that up.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will ##vote cube for the tinker thing because cube likes spreadsheets and keeping track of things.

It's a no brainer.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

shwinnebego posted:

everyone self-vote, that way there's no possible way scum could influence the outcome of this

oh shoot this is a good idea, i should have done that

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd much rather make definite choices about who to elect and try to read what happens to the gamestate afterwards than leave this entirely to chance, given that scum don't want to be selected for this.

wait what

scum don't want to have a say in who gets the gifts?

i would think scum absolutely want to be the tinkers?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good news everyone I'm town :sun:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

Good news everyone I'm town :sun:

:sun:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

wait what

scum don't want to have a say in who gets the gifts?

i would think scum absolutely want to be the tinkers?

I don't believe scum would give up the right to be godfathers, ninjas, or role thieves in order to be able to empower town, no.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I don't believe scum would give up the right to be godfathers, ninjas, or role thieves in order to be able to empower town, no.

oh, right so if scum get all three scum roles, aka no scum tinkers, then they can always just steal/copy the tinker-given roles and/or hope town gives them tinker-given roles themselves

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

well that does complicate my initial view of this

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I would argue that scum would absolutely want some control in who gets what and at the very least have the knowledge of who is getting what.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i mean i guess by that logic though it doesn't matter who we elect as tinker? it's a blessing for town and a curse for scum in Iggy's assessment, so like whatever?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It is absolutely, without any doubt in my mind, too early to pocket anybody. Therefore there's no 'safe' town player to give roles to. So why do that instead of minimize the chance that scum are picked?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

I would argue that scum would absolutely want some control in who gets what and at the very least have the knowledge of who is getting what.

yeah ok this was my initial thought, and especially w the "knowing who gets what" bit it's more compelling than iggy's idea

iggy's probably scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It is absolutely, without any doubt in my mind, too early to pocket anybody. Therefore there's no 'safe' town player to give roles to. So why do that instead of minimize the chance that scum are picked?

to minimize the chance that scum is picked, we each self-vote and leave it to chance

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

One tinker, sure. All of them being tinkers would be a death wish, since they'll have to dodge all the power roles around afterwards with no way to work around it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

shwinnebego posted:

yeah ok this was my initial thought, and especially w the "knowing who gets what" bit it's more compelling than iggy's idea

iggy's probably scum

Well, i mean, i can see where iggy is coming from too and think it's probably a bit of a leap jump to scum from that.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

however d0 shakes out i am pretty sure i wanna flip iggy asap

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

One tinker, sure. All of them being tinkers would be a death wish, since they'll have to dodge all the power roles around afterwards with no way to work around it.

100% they wouldn't want them all to be one. But for sure they will be trying to get one in.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

to minimize the chance that scum is picked, we each self-vote and leave it to chance

yes, great. we'll have a godfather who can dodge the cop, a ninja who can dodge the watch, and a scum thief who can nab the town roles for themselves when they reveal who they are. Or we could actually say who we'd trust in a vacuum instead of make the Vigs game mistake and work from there.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think best case for scum is they get one teammate into the masonry so they can get the info there.

They absolutely want the scum-specific roles with all of the items in play.

Hmm, okay I got it then. If you DON'T want to be a mason please explain why :sparkles:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

100% they wouldn't want them all to be one. But for sure they will be trying to get one in.

I could see them betting on lucking into one person ending up as such with the self-vote plan.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

yes, great. we'll have a godfather who can dodge the cop, a ninja who can dodge the watch, and a scum thief who can nab the town roles for themselves when they reveal who they are. Or we could actually say who we'd trust in a vacuum instead of make the Vigs game mistake and work from there.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Is there a D0 lurker thing or what?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I could see them betting on lucking into one person ending up as such with the self-vote plan.

yeah agreed, i have my eye on shwinn

The self vote plan combined with the instant leap on you for questioning that plan felt weird.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'll go first (jk I do want to be a mason) but a reason for me NOT to be a mason is that I have limited time to post and engage with the masonry.

I am mostly available after 8PM CST and over lunch.

Tell us! Why SHOULDN'T YOU be a mason.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

yuming posted:

I'll go first (jk I do want to be a mason) but a reason for me NOT to be a mason is that I have limited time to post and engage with the masonry.

Town never self-vote.

Does the masonry actually persist this game the whole time? Last time the two players couldn't interact with one another at all.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

Because i do not want to have to think too hard about stuff.

My brain hurts.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
ooo I've got it-- toalpaz and I should be masons together so we can become BFFs :h:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yes the masonry endures the entire game.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Is there a D0 lurker thing or what?

I'm feeling fired up with the town roll and the opportunity to develop reads right away without having to kill at random player to make it happen. So yeah, I'm gonna be a bit suspicious and posty when tossing that in the garbage is proposed.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

Because i do not want to have to think too hard about stuff.

My brain hurts.
Right this is going to be a twisty game to follow!

Anyways I have to get back to work and then I am out and about for the afternoon~

ttyl friends

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

yuming posted:

I'm town and it'd mean scum would be able to pick a power role for themselves. Also dunno if I'd be the best role picker necessarily. Otherwise, hell yeah, I love being masons, and it'd be rad to be a big part of the game mech.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

We just kill all the tinkers first, yeah? There will almost definitely be a scum there, and they're forced VT so least impactful roles to lose.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

We just kill all the tinkers first, yeah? There will almost definitely be a scum there, and they're forced VT so least impactful roles to lose.

Totally on board with this idea since they'll give all the roles away immediately and if nobody gets better info from their roles overnight, then they'll be the best place to start with this particular method.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

For me for tinker please. I'm the best town player as you all know

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

People should still use their heads on who goes first, of course, but that can be worked out more later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

bit late for an IRL thing, be back later