Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

You have sailed the Atlantic and Caribbean, fighting and fleeing the European navies and colonial privateers. You have trekked through jungles and over mountains, battling the elements and tensely negotiating with the natives. You have fought amongst yourselves, no man fully trusting another, as you followed the cryptic map into the deepest recesses of the Amazon. But now you are here at last, at the temple of the indigenous kings of old Brazil. The slick stone glowers ominously beneath the dark canopy, mysterious and threatening. All that remains now is to vote on the unlucky trio who would be the first to investigate...

Game Rules
This is an open setup mafia game for 13 players. The game features an experimental Day 0.

Game days will be 48 hours with majority early hammer or plurality hammer at deadline, with longest standing plurality taking precedent in case of a tie. Executions can only be skipped via vote for No Execute. Nights will be up to 24 hours, ending early if all action are in and I'm available to resolve things. Day 0 will last exactly 24 hours instead due to the aforementioned experimental mechanic.

Only one night action may be taken per night.

Discord is required for this game.

Standard Mafia Rules:
-First and foremost, if your are uncomfortable for any reason, contact someone you trust.
-Don't be a jerk. Remember that this is a game.
-Don't edit your posts except for quick ninja spelling edits.
-Don't copy and paste or screenshot any private communications, including role pm, referee communications, or masonry posts.
-Don't post about the game outside of the thread or any masonries you might have access to.
-Don't post while dead.
-Don't post after hammer. If I don't close the thread immediately it's because I'm not available.
-Don't fake day actions.
-Please don't lurk. You're expected to make at least 10 posts per game day, though this is relaxed in case of very early hammers.

Players:
---1: CubicalSucrose
---2: VoodooFly
---3: Yuming
---4: Johnny Keats
---5: gay for gacha
---6:Your Personal Muse
---7:Toalpaz
---8:Tired Moritz
---9:shwinnebego
---10:CapitalistPig
---11:ObamaAkbar
---12:Somberbrero
---13:Ignatius M. Meen

---THE SETUP---
This game starts on Day 0, which lasts 24 hours instead of the standard 48. Alignments, but not roles, are assigned prior to Day 0.

Alignments:

quote:

---Town [x10]: You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

---Scum [x3]: You may communicate with other members of the Scum team at any time via a private channel.
On Night 0, each Scum player may ##Select [Godfather/Ninja/Robbin’ Hood], becoming that Role for the remainder of the game. Each of these options may only be selected once. Scum players who become Masonic Blind Tinkers may not Select another role. Scum players who Select a role may still receive a Gift.
Each night, from Night 1 onward, one member of the Scum team may ##kill [player].
You win when the Scum team seizes control of the vote.

There is no execution on Day 0, instead players will vote for three of their number to take on the Masonic Blind Tinker roles. The top three candidates each become a Masonic Blind Tinker. In case of a tie for third, the role will be distributed randomly between the tied players but the result of that random assignment will be posted in the thread.

Elected Role:

quote:

---Masonic Blind Tinker [x3]: You may communicate with the other Masonic Blind Tinkers at any time via a private channel.
On Night 0, in this channel, each Tinker must ##Gift [player] [player]. Any given player may only be selected once. You may not select yourself or the other Masonic Blind Tinkers. The six selected players receive one of the following roles at random at the start of Day 1: Cop, Doctor, Screamer, Tracker, Roleblocker, or Giftscanner. Each role will only be assigned once.

Additionally, at the start of Day 1, two Town players who are not Masonic Blind Tinkers nor selected for a Gift become Thieves, and one Town player who is not a Masonic Blind Tinker nor selected for a Gift becomes a Graverobbing Covetous Miller. If there are insufficient candidates for these roles, they are assigned in a random order and the excess are eliminated.

Scum Roles:

quote:

---Godfather: You appear as Town when Investigated. Additionally, as a bonus Night Action, you may ##mimic [gift role/none]. Until you use this bonus action again, you will appear to have the selected Gift Role or lack thereof when Scanned.

---Ninja: You appear as having visited nobody when Tracked, and the Screamer will not detect or announce your visits should you target them. This role may also affect any night action Gifted to you.

---Robbin’ Hood: During any night that you do not possess a Gift Role, you may ##Steal [player]. If the target possesses a Gift Role, they lose it and you gain it. Alternatively, if you possess a Gift Role, you may ##Give [player] that role You lose it, and they gain it anonymously. Giving a Gift Role fails if the target already has a Gift Role or is a Masonic Blind Tinker.

*note that it is possible for one or more of these roles to not exist if Scum players become Masonic Blind Tinkers

Town Roles:

quote:

---Thief [x2]: During any night that you do not possess a Gift role, you may ##Steal [player]. If the target possesses a Gift role, they lose it and you gain it. You may only successfully use this power once per game. If you later lose your stolen Gift role, you may not Steal again.

---Graverobbing Covetous Miller: You appear as Scum when Investigated. When any player with a Gift Role dies, you gain that Role. Uniquely, you may possess more than one Role, and any attempts to Steal Roles from you fail. Regardless of how many Roles you accumulate, you may only take one Night Action.

*note that it is possible for one or more of these roles to not exist if there are insufficient non-Masonic Blind Tinker, not Gift role Town players to accept them all

Gift Roles:

quote:

---Cop: Each night, you may ##Investigate [player], learning their alignment.

---Doctor: Each night, you may ##Protect [player], preventing any Kill targeting them that night.

---Screamer: At the start of Day 2 onward, a list of all players who visited you during the prior night will be posted in the thread. Your identity is not revealed, nor are the purposes of the visits. This power functions even if you are killed that night.

---Tracker: Each night, you may ##Track [player], learning which player they visited if any, but not the purpose of the visit.

---Roleblocker: Each night, you may ##Block [player], causing any Night Action they attempt that night to fail.

---Giftscanner: Each night, you may ##Scan [player], learning which Gift Role, if any, they possess.

Night Action Resolution Order: Roleblocker->Robbin' Hood->Thieves->Doctor->Scum Kill->Cop/Giftscanner->Tracker->Screamer

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Triple Ninja game let's goooo.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I’m intrigued.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yes I’ll play!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

In

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

In

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Give me a gun

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The discord is ready. It's the same one as the Ostuniad so yo only have to join it if you weren't part of that game.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I can’t stress enough the importance that I get a gun. Cube will not dodge three bullets, mark my words

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Your Personal Muse posted:

I can’t stress enough the importance that I get a gun. Cube will not dodge three bullets, mark my words

I posted this in scumchat after the first one.

https://media.tenor.com/4gNl4Vkm0wMAAAPo/dodge-the-matrix.mp4

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

See, he’s taunting me.

Give.

Me.

A.

Big.

Honking.

Gun.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'll play this game 🎯😁

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay I'll try hard this game I promise

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I’ll play. Can you vote for Masonic blind tinker?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

I’ll play. Can you vote for Masonic blind tinker?

Yeah, top three voted players on Day 0 become the tinkers, then they collectively assign the six gift roles in their masonry during Night 0. The thieves and graverobber roles are then assigned to town players who didn't become tinkers or receive a gift. Scum who didn''t become tinkers also get to pick their role during Night 0.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sorry i meant *can you self-vote for masonic blind tinkerer

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

sorry i meant *can you self-vote for masonic blind tinkerer

Yup!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sign me up

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I just received a pm from the mod that me and CPig will be confirmed town masons???

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I just received a pm from the mod that me and CPig will be confirmed town masons???

I too received this communication, can confirm.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Can you two brainstorm some other people to join so we can play

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

gay for gacha posted:

Can you two brainstorm some other people to join so we can play

no

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

##vote ypm

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

if it makes you feel better, CPig fought for you to join but I said under no circumstances. It’s nothing personal, I just hate you and your personality

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We just got a mod communication in our masonry that says "gay for gacha is scum in this game" whatever that means.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Could mean anything, really, let’s not jump to conclusions

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

This setup sounds great, please don’t make me scum for the 4th game in a row

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play if there's still room.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'll sign up so this can get going. I have ulterior motives not unlike CPig's.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That's full. Need Iggy, Yumming, and Obama to join the discord please.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Wait nevermind obama and yuming are in here and discord name search is bad, sorry

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Neither lots nor volunteers. Democracy is the only path. A trio will be selected to descend into the royal tombs and scout for the treasure within. Of course, only the trustworthy and competent will do, any less might lead the party to their doom.

Welcome to Day 0. Votefinder doesn't have that option so it says Night 0, but ignore that. This day will not have an execution. Instead, the three vote leaders will become Masonic Blind Tinkers and collectively distribute the Gift power roles.

Reminder that if you are selected to become a Masonic Blind Tinker you are NOT eligible to receive any other role: no gift, no randomly assigned town role, no additional scum power role.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 0

Not Voting (13): CapitalistPig, CubicalSucrose, gay for gacha, Ignatius M. Meen, Johnny Keats, ObamaAkbar., shwinnebego, Somberbrero, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz, Voodoofly, Your Personal Muse, yuming

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 27th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote YPM

As your leader, I promise I will:

-make sure we have ice cream in the lunch room

-more recess

-fun activities like a haunted house

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote shwiffles obviously

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Also since this is an open setup I can answer any questions about it either in your confessional or in thread.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

fool of sound posted:

Neither lots nor volunteers. Democracy is the only path. A trio will be selected to descend into the royal tombs and scout for the treasure within. Of course, only the trustworthy and competent will do, any less might lead the party to their doom.

Welcome to Day 0. Votefinder doesn't have that option so it says Night 0, but ignore that. This day will not have an execution. Instead, the three vote leaders will become Masonic Blind Tinkers and collectively distribute the Gift power roles.

Reminder that if you are selected to become a Masonic Blind Tinker you are NOT eligible to receive any other role: no gift, no randomly assigned town role, no additional scum power role.

what if it's a 13-way tie cuz everyone selfvotes

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

hmmm..

Cube, Gacha, and Toalpaz are who I'd go with. ##vote GFG because I remember his town game and it's sharp as hell.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Just who is shwinnebego?

He claims he would make a good leader, but an investigation found he smells bad.

Shwinn:

Bad for this thread.

Bad for America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

what if it's a 13-way tie cuz everyone selfvotes

I'd roll for the three and announce them to the thread, same with lesser ties.