Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Well, Simon doesn't met Alucard for very long each time, and as the game will show, while Alucard and Trevor do look a like, there's still quite a number of differences between them. Its not quite that clear for someone who doesn't get to see all the things that the player gets to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

So... wait. In the reboot, Gabe is Dracula, that means Alucard is whatshisface Simon's father, whom Simon believes dead...
To be fair he's not exactly wrong about that. From a certain point of view.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just don't know what Simon was saying "It cannot be!!!!" to near the end of this video. It can't be the guy that told you that you wouldn't face Gabeula alone? If he's recognizing him as his father, why didn't he recognize him when they were right next to each other after the death carousel? Simon is dumb.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sorry for the lack of updates. My first recording for Act II was completely botched, and because this game auto-saves I'm going to have to start the game from scratch unfortunately. I'll have a video up by this weekend. Time to start keeping backup saves!

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 12, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Evil Eagle posted:

I just don't know what Simon was saying "It cannot be!!!!" to near the end of this video. It can't be the guy that told you that you wouldn't face Gabeula alone? If he's recognizing him as his father, why didn't he recognize him when they were right next to each other after the death carousel? Simon is dumb.

What's more, it becomes incredibly obvious from dialogue later on that Simon did not in fact recognize Alucard. His father left when Simon was just a child, so I guess we can forgive him for not really recognizing him, but it makes that line just completely baffling in how dramatic Simon's being for no reason. Simon is just very easily shocked, I guess..?

Clumsy plot and Alucard coffin aside, this game was okay. It didn't really invent much, but it's enjoyable enough for the price they're asking for it.

• Locked thread