Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blasmeister posted:

E: Oh yeah, that Rowan and Harper thing was incredibly awful, who the hell thought that was a good idea at all?

It was an accordion version of He's Got The Whole World In His Hands.

God it sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Chokes McGee posted:

~* SOMETHING AWFUL HAS THE EXCLUSIVES!!! ONE WEIRD TRICK FOR PRO WRESTLING NEWZ, NUDE STEPHANIE PICS CLICK HERE *~

i keep clicking but nothing happens :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That's possibly the worst photo of Brock I've ever seen

Even worse than the poindexter student one

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ayn rand hand job posted:

It was an accordion version of He's Got The Whole World In His Hands.

God it sucked

I got that at the time. It still makes no sense. And we're going to hear it at MitB. Probably twice. :gonk:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Hello Punchsport Pagoda, Dean Ambrose is cool and right now looks like he has the potential to be the real biggest star coming out of the Shield's dissolution.

I like that he's doing the Austin thing of threatening to just come in and screw up the whole show until he gets what he wants and you believe him because he's crazy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Steve Austin asks for a beer. Dean Ambrose has consumed them all. This is how the world ends.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I never woulda expected Dean to get so over as a face but I'm glad to be wrong!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Suben posted:

Hello Punchsport Pagoda, Dean Ambrose is cool and right now looks like he has the potential to be the real biggest star coming out of the Shield's dissolution.

I like that he's doing the Austin thing of threatening to just come in and screw up the whole show until he gets what he wants and you believe him because he's crazy.

And I'm kind of sad that the threat title isn't: "WWE Discussion for 6/23 is Gonna Screw Up the Whole Forum!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Writer Cath posted:

Steve Austin asks for a beer. Dean Ambrose has consumed them all. This is how the world ends.

not with a bang but a stunner

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

So how about Rowan + Harper's farty accordion theme

Oh god I literally forgot about this, thanks for reminding me jerk

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Can we talk for a second about how incredibly RVD sold Seth's curbstomp.

Also his promo before that match was real fun with mentioning how his botch almost killed HHH once.

(in fairness it was a stupid spot for that set up)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HulkaMatt posted:

Agreed, and Steph got embarrassed which is always great.

Her going down like that was possibly the Vince-est thing I've ever seen her do. It was pretty great.

Also Dean Ambrose is great and is my favorite wrestler now. Well, after Bo Dallas.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah, RVD looked like he got his neck snapped by that curbstomp. It was pretty radical.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
I never thought i'd say this, but Russo said recently in an interview that they're really screwing up Wyatt's push by making him look like he's "just one more heel" in the last RAW, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I think his loss to Cena has really affected him and while he has a lot of talent on the ring and with the mic, they're not making too much use of it.

quote:

The hottest guy they've got on that show right now is Bray Wyatt. You've got a tag team match of seven guys out there. So, first of all, you're making Bray Wyatt one of seven guys. So now, all of a sudden, he's like everyone else. He's not special anymore. Then, to not give him the last entrance, to introduce Del Rio after him? I'm sorry bro, but there's no excuse for that. That's creative 101. How do you not bring this guy out last? You kill the lights, have that effect in the crowd with all the (cell phone) lights, have the guy do something devastating off the bat. Where's Vince on this? Where's the great filter he was?"

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lynkericious posted:

Seriously, why is Swagger around still? I can only really remember him seriously hurting two people in the past two years (Ziggler and Barrett), but that's more than most of the main roster people, and then he also got busted for DUI and Possession right before Mania 29. You'd think they'd can him or JTG him.

Also, Barrett just has the worst luck before MITB matches. Didn't he get injured before MITB when he was scheduled to be in the ladder match last year also?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAvvzwdG4o8

Long answer: Swagger is good when used right and is pretty big so he gets second chances
Short answer: Vince loves huge wrestlers

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chokes McGee posted:

not with a bang but a stunner

He already does the Thesz press and his promos sound totally unhinged so he's halfway there

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I can only login on my phone right now and I am so mad about this!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Gusano posted:

I never thought i'd say this, but Russo said recently in an interview that they're really screwing up Wyatt's push by making him look like he's "just one more heel" in the last RAW, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I think his loss to Cena has really affected him and while he has a lot of talent on the ring and with the mic, they're not making too much use of it.

No see, he'll totally get the rub from Cena, just you wait.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I can only login on my phone right now and I am so mad about this!

Sounds like DBD will be out for Summerslam too if he's lost so much strength that he can't sit at his computer!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
SO LIKE.

I don't even know if I should run the prediction game for this PPV or not, because it's almost loving Thursday.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Stallion Cabana posted:

SO LIKE.

I don't even know if I should run the prediction game for this PPV or not, because it's almost loving Thursday.

Do it.

Do it for The Rock

Do it for The People.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Sigma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAvvzwdG4o8

Long answer: Swagger is good when used right and is pretty big so he gets second chances
Short answer: Vince loves huge wrestlers

The dudes still proven himself to be radically more unsafe than other wrestlers. I mean, the only other person whom I can think of that was more unsafe than Swagger in these past two years in Sin Cara, though the only person he hurt with his offense was himself for the most part.

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 26, 2014

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gusano posted:

If :russo: has an opinion, you're usually pretty safe taking the opposite one.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

If :russo: has an opinion, you're usually pretty safe taking the opposite one.

Oh good, I was worried WWE might screw up Bray Wyatt, turns out they're booking him spot on.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

josh no

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If they replace Josh with Renee that's an upgrade in every imaginable way. She did the panel on the NXT show and was great.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Deadpool posted:

Her going down like that was possibly the Vince-est thing I've ever seen her do. It was pretty great.

Also Dean Ambrose is great and is my favorite wrestler now. Well, after Bo Dallas.

Steph was channeling Vince a lot. It was incredible.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hunter's promo was great. It was so pointed at smarks and he was so much in love with his own attempt at an English accent.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

If they replace Josh with Renee that's an upgrade in every imaginable way. She did the panel on the NXT show and was great.

Flip a coin.

Heads is Byron Saxton
Tails is Tony Phillips

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sigma posted:

Flip a coin.

Heads is Byron Saxton
Tails is Tony Phillips

Fine with either actually and still an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. But Renee should be first in line.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's too bad they couldn't have worked that Stephanie humiliation thing into Daniel Bryan's angle somehow. It's possible they'll do something like that again down the road for Brie to get her revenge, but I dunno that it will have the same effect.

Regardless, I am amazed that WWE gave Vickie a fun sendoff and didn't call her a pig as they dumped slop on her. Good for them.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Change Brad Maddox's name to Josh Matthews, don't acknowledge that he's different in any way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dean Ambrose is what happens when you put Stone Cold and Brian Pillman during his "loose cannon" gimmick into a blender. He is the best.

Rowan and Harper's new theme is terrible, and I can't believe they gave Rowan's match more time than Harper.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

triplexpac posted:

It's too bad they couldn't have worked that Stephanie humiliation thing into Daniel Bryan's angle somehow. It's possible they'll do something like that again down the road for Brie to get her revenge, but I dunno that it will have the same effect.

Regardless, I am amazed that WWE gave Vickie a fun sendoff and didn't call her a pig as they dumped slop on her. Good for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if something happens with Daniel Bryan and HHH. Or maybe both members of the Authority at the same time.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

fariz posted:

Cameron was really bad

Holy poo poo that was unbearable.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

triplexpac posted:

That's possibly the worst photo of Brock I've ever seen

Even worse than the poindexter student one

He looks like he just smelled a really, really nasty fart.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheJoker138 posted:

Dean Ambrose is what happens when you put Stone Cold and Brian Pillman during his "loose cannon" gimmick into a blender. He is the best.

His theme sounds a lot like Stone Cold's too and it has a very similar structure.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Holy poo poo that was unbearable.

It is going to be a crying shame when Cameron runs in and ruins Naomi's shot at taking the belt off of Paige.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Sigma posted:

It is going to be a crying shame when Cameron runs in and ruins Naomi's shot at taking the belt off of Paige.

I thought the segment was really really bad and even though it helped Paige build some sort of personality as a Champion, there was no payoff for Cameron to be there. I thought that Cameron was gonna trip Paige off the ring apron to turn heel so Naomi can make the save and build the storyline at least towards something.

• Locked thread