Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Vincenzo

The Vodacce Captain maintains his composure, but judging by the way he's looking at the Montaigne Captain, it's obvious he's not one to allow this to simply slide. As he approaches, Vincenzo locks eyes with the arresting Captain. When the matter is explained, Vincenzo speaks very slowly, and very carefully. "I do hope you have some legal cause to be aboard my ship, Captain du Muguet. Because I have seen no document granting you permission, and I'll not stand for such an act as tossing my ship without a warrant." He finishes his statement, and then looks around at the rest of the crew, gauging their readiness. If he was going to strike, he'd need everyone on his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Padre Clavo

They were going to try and put him in chains again.

He was going to be found guilty for another murder, one he hadn't committed for a change, and he was going to be put in chains again, and this time he wouldn't be able to escape.

That was something that was not going to be allowed to happen. He would kill every Musketeer on this dock if he had to. He would die if it ultimately came down to that.

But he would not be put in chains again.

Uncharacteristically saying nothing, he instead kept his cold gaze on his Vodacce captain and nodded, ever so slightly. Clavo felt reasonably sure that this search and seizure was not an insult that the Mantuan would countenance, not from these Montaignais swine. And so he waited.

Like a coiled viper.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Victor Everhart

Victor approaches the boat after an evening of rest and relaxation. He stops abruptly as he sees the commotion and then the men heading towards him. He makes an abrupt decision as he realizes they are coming towards him and fleeing isn't an option. The powerfully built Eisen nobleman places his hand on the hilt of his huge Dracheneisen sword and begins sauntering towards them, speaking loudly in Eisen, "What are you doing? Why do you hold my captain?" He then speaks in Avalon, his voice purposefully sounding far more accented than is normal "What is meaning?" He motions towards the Montaigne man, while looking at Vincenzo, "Captain, this man, he detains you?" He stops in the street a safe distance from them. He rolls his shoulders, adjusting his sword as he discretely unhooks the small ring that holds the hilt of his sword in the scabbard, "I am confused? What we are doing?"

malikial fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 29, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Brandt

Glaring at the musketeers, Brandt mutters a quiet "I haven't helped murder anyone in this town... yet" under his breath, just loud enough that people within a few feet of him could catch hit. both of his hands rest on longsword hilts as the weapons sit in sheaths that are tucked under his belt.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Diana

"ugggh, this thing had better be worth some...meep". Diana tried to think of a situation where a hangover plus a dozen armed goons equalled something good but came up short, as usual. "Hey uh, you big strapping folks handle this, I'll be back here. Providing moral support." She melts into the shadows, rutter in hand, and the rest of the team can hear the sound of a blunderbuss hammer being cocked somewhere.

(Stealth=23:ninja:)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Captain du Muguet remains unflappable in the face of the Eisen and Vodacce nobles, adjusting his hat as they question him. "You are wanted in the murder of Michel du Crieux, a man who you were seen intimidating just the night before." He glances at the other officers, narrowing his eyes slightly. "Now then, if you will come with me, you will be treated well; we simply have some qu-" He is interrupted as one of his musketeers raises his rifle and fires beyond the group; while Diana had all but merged with the shadows, there was still one musketeer keen eyed enough to notice her and her pistol. The shot strikes the Vendel woman's shoulder, throwing her against the wall and putting her in a great deal of pain; her hand spasms, and the pistol drops from her hand. Spots swim in front of her eyes and she struggles to stay on her feet through the pain.

"She had a gun out, sir!" Jacques raises his eyebrows as he studies the wounded woman, and looks back towards the officers, frowning sternly. "I see. Am I to assume this.. ruffian, skulking about in the shadows with a pistol and the very book we seek, she is with you, then?" Behind him, the other musketeers have raised their rifles, half taking aim at Diana should she reach for another gun, and half at the officers. At the dock behind him, several of the other guards have turned to see what sort of action is going on.

While Diana did roll well, she may as well have been in a spotlight for one of the musketeers, who beat her by 15. At the moment, you are not considered in combat; the captain does not know that Diana is one of you, and she could potentially be thrown under the bus.

If you do decide to initiate combat, I'll need initiative rolls and a combat block, showing your Passive Defense, your relative combat knacks (attack, parry, footwork, etc.), and your traits except panache.

To roll initiative, you roll Panache; so, if your Panache is 3, it's 3k3. For passive defense, it's Footwork or Parry x5, and then add 5. So if you have Footwork 3, you passive defense TN is 20.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588323/ Two musketeers spot Diana, one by a MASSIVE amount.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588324/ The captain does not spot her
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588327/ Musketeer one aims and fires on Diana, hits.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588328/ Diana takes 46 flesh wounds.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588330/ Diana fails her wound check 28; she takes a dramatic wound, and one extra for every 10 she missed the roll by, putting her at three dramatic wounds. As of two dramatic wounds, she is crippled, and her die no longer explode. One more wound, and she will be knocked out.

Note: If you want to use a drama die to reroll or add a die to any of your rolls, let me know. You have as many die as your lowest trait, so for most of you, that'll be two.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 29, 2014

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Victor Everhart

Victor looks over his shoulder at Diana and then looks back at the men as if he has no concern, "I am Eisen Noble, why I am killing random people when I am having enough money to buy them? You are making no sense." He draws his blade down and to the right, not drawing it in a fighting manner but in a completely disarmed position. He holds it by the blade, hands open on his palms as he motions towards Diana, "I am wanting to make sure you know I am not attempting to fight you. As your men seem to shoot people disarming themselves without hesitation or provocation... You come here calling me murderer and then attempt to murder someone. You Montaigne, call a man a thief while stealing from him." He motions towards the Musketeer who shot Diana, "I am hoping you are enjoying murdering an innocent woman. Is something I am told you Montaigne do, but I am not believing until now."

malikial fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 29, 2014

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Vincenzo

The first shot was fired, and the coiled spring that was Vincenzo snaps as he leaps into action.

Initiative: 2, 4

pre:
Brawn: 2
Finesse: 2
Wits: 3
Resolve: 2
Panache: 2

Parry{Knife}: PD 20
Footwork: PD 15

Attack{Fencing}: 5k2
Attack{Firearms}: 4k2
Attack{Pugilism}: 3k2 {I doubt it'll come up, but you never know}

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Padre Clavo

As the Vodacce leapt into action, so did the esrtwhile man of Theus.

Iniative: 5, 10

code:
Brawn: 2
Finesse: 3

Attack (Fencing) 7k3
Attack (Firearms) 6k3
Attack (Pugilism) 7k3 (If Left-Handed applies)

Passive Defense (Parry/Footwork): 20

Wound Check: 3k3

Fencing Weapon Damage: 4k2 

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Cal

Cal points at one of the soldiers and whistles shrilly, before drawing his sword and seating his cloak on his arm.

Init: 3,7,10 also bird go attack man 5k3 for Kesha bombing run

code:
Brawn: 3
Resolve: 3
Panache: 3

Attack (Fencing) 4k3
Attack (Bird Handling) 5k3
Attack (Entangle) 5k3 

Passive Defense (Double Parry/Footwork): 10

Wound Check: 3k3

Fencing Weapon Damage: idk 400? 

Sledra fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 29, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pierre

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THE HELLS IS GOING ON HERE?" Pierre bellows over the sound of the incipient brawl. "You, Captain would you care to explain yourself and tell me why you are intervening in the business affairs of a peer of the realm?" he turns and says in a more reasonable tone of voice to the musketeer captain. "I hired a simple ship crew to assist me with a minor business matter only to arrive to find your men behaving like bandits.Since when do the Emperor's musketeers shoot innocent women in the streets?" Becoming angrier as he stalks towards the pompous captain "rest assured that my friends at court will be having words to say about your inexcusable behaviour this day."

Wits+Oratory to stop the fighting 3d10. takeHighest(2).open(10)=11

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Brandt

Looking around for a moment, and noting all the guns, Brandt gives a small sigh and raises his hands in the air. "I am not getting paid enough to fight these men."

Initiative: 1 and 4

code:
*leaving this here for future reference*
Brawn: 3
Wits: 2

Footwork: 10
Parry: 20

Attack(Heavy Weapons): 7k3
Damage: 5k2

Traits:
Combat Reflexes
Toughness
Large (included in Attack above)
Apprentice: Urostifter (free raise to Parry, no penalty for longsword one-handed or used in off-hand)

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 29, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I am spending one of my own drama die to activate Brandt's 'Indecisive' Hubris. He must discard his 4 die from his initiative, giving him an initiative per round of 1. This puts me at 11 drama die; I get as many as the party's HIGHEST trait, as well as one per player.

Just need actions/reactions from Elaine, Diana, and Jan and we'll get this going.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Jan Svensson

Jan had been preparing to make a break for it, but Diana getting shot puts an end to those thoughts. It's still a bad idea to fight the musketeers when obviously he and his comrades had not murdered anyone, so Jan decides to wait to see if calmer minds prevail.

Initiative: 9, 2, 3
Passive defense is either 15 (footwork), or 20 (parry).

Edit: You know what? I think it is a terrible idea to murder a bunch of dudes for doing their job when we could instead convince them we're innocent. Any chance we could all just forget the initiative roll for now, so that one or two guys drawing weapons doesn't force everyone into a fight?

Astus fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 29, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Elaine

Elaine buries her face in her hands and curses. Well this was going just splendidly. She looks around at the rest of the group. "Don't fight them. For one, we'd lose, they have too many guns and they have us surrounded. Second, they're here because we're suspected of a murder we didn't commit, and had no imaginable motive to commit. I'd imagine that will be easier to explain if we don't get killed resisting arrest. Please don't make this worse by doing anything stupid, like pointing weapons at musketeers." Of course, as much as she'd prefer for this to go smoothly, she does try to scan the streets around them for something to dive behind and hide, if things did go less peacefully than she hoped. She quickly realises the street is chock full of things someone with the right talents could hide behind, and starts rehearsing legends of the mad Jack O'Bannon in her head, just in case.

I'd rather not get shot.

Waci fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 30, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Diana
She gurgles a bit, staring stunned, at the sky. Adrenaline and pure fear of death is one of the few reliable hang-over cures.

I was informed this is NOT a brute squad and is instead 12 full on NPCs, so i'm just gonna do nothing here for the next while.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 30, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Elaine

Elaine looks horrified. "Captain, the comments made by the previous speaker are entirely and solely her own and do not represent the views or opinions of the rest of our group." She very pointedly keeps her hands where they can see them.

Disregard, suicide cancelled.

Waci fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 30, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
With only three people deciding to put up a fight rather than the entire lot, the musketeers realize they have it a bit easier than normal. With most of them drawing their fencing weapons, they quickly encircle the three fighters. The musketeers attack with a whirl of steel, lashing their rapiers out with precision and flair. Cal bears the pain of the lashes given him, finding it hard to move out of the way of the thrusts and slashes thrown his way; while the first blows barely nick him, the second and third find their mark in his side and shoulder. He powers through the pain, being of tougher stuff than his fellows.

Clavo, however, fares much worse than his Avalonian friend; the first thrust digs deep into his thigh, drawing a fair amount of blood. The priest turns as he spies the flash of steel, and a moment later stumbles back into Cal as steel flashes across his face, blood spraying as a horrible gash is cut straight down his faces and his nose, right between his eyes. The effect and the pain is dizzying, and blood trickles into his eyes as he tries to refocus.

The Vodacce captain finds his charge cut short as a blade digs into his side, missing his major organs but causing an amazing amount of pain. He has yet to even draw his pistol when a second blade lashes against his back, cutting through his shirt and leaving a long, horrible, bloody gash. The wound itches horribly, and he finds it incredibly distracting; he doesn't know how well he can fight with such an irritation.

Captain Jacques whistles, folding his arms across his chest. "I give you one more chance; lay down your arms and surrender. You are outmatched and outnumbered. Your fellows have proven much wiser than you." He gestures to the other officers, who have already thrown down their arms or otherwise shown they will comply. "We do not wish to make this bloodier than necessary, but if you fight us, we will fight until you are subdued." Behind him stand the remaining four musketeers who have not yet drawn their swords, instead standing with their rifles at parade rest.

The musketeers, having 4 panache, act well before anyone else and get numerous actions before anyone else. Clavo and Vincenzo have sucked up two dramatic wounds and are now unable to have exploding dice; Cal has taken two wounds, and is still at full potential.

You guys may make active defenses if you like (rolling your defensive knacks and trying to beat the attacker's roll) but it will cost you once action die. You may also use drama dice to reroll your wound checks or add a kept die. Since drama die are big deals, I assume you don't use them unless it would result in a KO, so I don't roll them for you.

COMBAT ROUND: 1
Phase One: M4,M7
Phase Two: M2, M4, M9, M10, M12, Vincenzo
Phase Three: M2, M7x2, M11, Cal
Phase Four: M2, M3, M5, M9, M11, Vincenzo
Phase Five: M3, M6, M8x2, M10x2, M12, Clavo
Phase Six: M1, M4, M6, M9
Phase Seven: M1x2, M2, M8, M9, M10, M12x2, Jacquesx2, Cal
Phase Eight: M1, M2, M5, M6
Phase Nine: M3, M3, M5, M6,M7, M11x2
Phase Ten: M4, M5, M8, Jacques, Cal, Clavo

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588931/ Musketeers Initiative
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588949/ Seven musketeer attacks.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588964/ Musketeer Damage

Three hits on Cal (15, 18, 10)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588965/ Cal vs 15, no dramatic wound
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588966/ Cal vs 33, DRAMATIC WOUND
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588967/ Cal vs 10, DRAMATIC WOUND

Two hits on Clavo (14, 30)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588968/ Clavo vs 14, DRAMATIC WOUND
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588969/ Clavo vs 30, DRAMATIC WOUND
Clavo is CRIPPLED! His dice cannot explode!
Two hits on Vincenzo (18, 18)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588970/ Vincenzo vs 18, DRAMATIC WOUND
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4588971/ Vincenzo vs 18, DRAMATIC WOUND
Vincenzo is CRIPPLED! His dice cannot explode!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

(Take us to your leader the next plot point plz.)

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Padre Clavo
Clavo staggered on his wounded leg, shaking his head to clear the blood from his vision. His sword waved back and forth before his red vision, unable to clearly see the musketeers or where their next attacks could come from. He felt reasonably sure that he could perhaps kill one before the others killed him. He remained adamant. He would not be put in chains again.
He would not be put in chains again.
However.
The others had put down their weapons and surrendered. That was fine, that was the sensible option. If he wasn't who he was, Clavo would have done the same thing. Instead, he was bleeding was and was likely to die within the next handful of moments. That was fine as well.
However. There was the Avalonion, and the Vodacce. Either brave or arrogant or foolish, they were fighting with him, alongside him, who stood accused. While Clavo was at peace with dying, it was leading his compatriots, who had proven brave, into death as well for his own principles of freedom that gave him pause. He could not, with good conscience, let these men die.
And so he would be chained again.
Straightening as best he could, Clavo dropped his sword and wiped blood from his face.
"I surrender," he said evenly. "No one needs to die today for the lies that stand arrayed against me."

12 full-on musketeers? holy poo poo. Oh well hubris, get me out of this one

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Vincenzo

The Vodacce Captain grinds his teeth. This would not go unanswered. The look he gives that Montaigne sow's son is one that promises that he will regret this day, but not today. These things take time, and besides, to resist would cost the lives of his crew. He carefully removes his weapons. You will beg for death when I am finished with you... And I will deny you that mercy. he silently vows. "I have still seen no document, Captain." His voice is edged.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Jan Svensson

Oh my, that did not end well for the three of Jan's compatriots who chose to fight. Still, the musketeers showed at least some restraint and did not maim or kill anyone, so that was a relief. Seeing that Vincenzo was still holding a grudge against the musketeer captain, Jan quickly runs forward to smooth things over. "Hello there, my name is Jan Svensson! I'm terribly sorry about the fight, but Diana over there is dreadfully paranoid and did not recognize you as musketeers, and our captain is very protective of his crew. I'm sure you understand. Now, perhaps if we could all act like the gentlemen we all are, put away our weapons, and talk this out, I'm certain we could clear this misunderstanding. What was the reason for boarding our ship again?" The entire time Jan is almost subconsciously playing his accordion (he didn't think it was safe to leave it on the ship). Hopefully a native song would help calm the musketeers.

Going to roll Etiquette 2 to calm the musketeers down and show them we're really all nice people once you get to know us.

Got an 8, 8, and a 5, total of 21.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Diana

Diana's groans turn to outright sobs as soon as the accordion starts.

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Cal

With a groan Cal painfully sheathes his sword and bows his head, "Ok that hurt, I submit for now. All I wanted was some breakfast, eggs or something. No need to start stabbing a man."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Captain Jacques nods, giving a wry little smile. Jan's accordion gives him pause, but he shakes his head and chuckles, giving the Vendel man a wink. He motions for the musketeers to lower their weapons, and steps forward. "I knew we could see things eye to eye. And I must thank your friends who had a bit more sense than to face the Royal Musketeers." He smiles at Elaine, tipping his hat lightly. "I am Captain Jacques du Muguet. I understand you are all upset by these developments, but if you would kindly accompany me, I am certain we can settle all accounts." Turning his head, he motions to Cal, Clavo, and Vincenzo.

"These men have been most uncooperative. Shackle them, and ensure they are given medical attention the moment we enter our station. And one of you, please, carefully collect our little sniper." He nods towards Diana, clapping his hands and turning to the officers who had chosen not to fight. "Now then, as is custom in Montaigne, I wish to accept you as my guests. It is still early and we have much to discuss, so I will be certain to have coffee and tea ready, and, for our Avalonian friend, eggs. Now then! Let us go." Jacques smiles broadly, clapping his hands once more.

The musketeers move past him, placing shackles on the three men who fought, and moving so one stands next to every other officer from the Jolly Rake, acting an escort, save for Elaine. The Captain steps forward, offering his arm to Elaine. Beyond them, two of his men carefully haul Diana to her feet, and brace her between them to carry-drag her down the road. The musketeers begin to march forward, the Captain looking slightly hurt if Elaine refuses his arm, leaving the Jolly Rake and the musketeers behind.

Two Minutes Later

A peculiar screech fills the air, and one unfortunate musketeer looks skyward to find the source of the noise. A brown and black blur swoops down from the sky like a cannonball, and the man screams out in agony. By the time another musketeer arrives, the attacker has returned to the sky, leaving a man in agony on the ground, his face a ruin. Kesha circles overhead, watching and waiting, before turning to follow after her master.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 30, 2014

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Cal

Cal averts his gaze as Kesha swoops in, and holds back a grin as she heads back off into the sky. He turns to the officer alongside him and attempts to mask his happiness at his bird. "I can handle some cuffs for free eggs. Where exactly are you taking us again?"

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Victor Everhart

Victor returns his weapon to his scabbard and growls out, in Eisen, "Idiot Vodacce, Montaigne and Castillians... with their passion." He moves towards Diana and makes sure she is handled well before accompanying the captain, his arms crossed as he follows along stiffly, "I will have no tea, I just wish to discuss why I am being assaulted and held by a fool who thinks I did something I did not have time to do. When would I have killed a man? While sleeping? I am Eisen, we are good at things but even we are not trained in sleep murder."

malikial fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 30, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Brandt

"I will have my eggs raw, preferably with a mug of good ale." The Vesten pirate seems unworried by his escort, although his hands keep searching for the pommels of his swords. It's obvious that he isn't used to be without them. "It is the breakfast of a strong man." He doesn't even spare a glance for any of his injured comrades.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
It is only a matter of minutes before the group reaches the squat building that houses the local Musketeer corp. Inside, their weapons are taken and checked in, as well as any satchels or bags, and are taken downstairs into the basement, where a group of cells lay waiting. They are placed in the largest of the cells, which seems more like the common room from the tavern than an actual cell, with several cots, a stovetop, and a large table in the center. Sitting at the table is a small, pudgy man with tiny spectacles sitting on his face, his hands folded over a large black bag on his lap. On the table before him sits pitchers of wine and water, and several loaves of bread. Jacques releases Elaine from the crook of his arm and bows to her, smiling as he motions for her to enter first.

Jacques closes the cell door and locks with a key from his belt once everyone has filed inside, leaving the two musketeers that had carried Diana inside with the piggish looking man. "This is Doctor Costeau; he will be tending to your injuries. I give you my utmost apologies; it is a waste of our ammunition and a waste of your blood, but as we see it, we were given no choice. I will send for eggs and whatever else you may wish." He nods to one of the men with Diana, who takes the rutter from her with a bit of a struggle, before handing it over to the captain through the bars. He glances it over, flipping through it with a curious look on his face. "Curious that a man would be killed over such a tome. Men, assist the good doctor in any way you can. I will be down with the magistrate in the morning, so we may discuss what truly happened in the last night. I must admit, a part of me is loathe to believe such a beautiful woman could have part in such a conspiracy.." He gives Elaine a broad smile. ".. but our lead did point us to the dead Michel, and our bartender did see you with him the night before his death."

The captain sighs dramatically, tucking the rutter into his belt. "I will return later. If you can afford one, I would recommend a lawyer, but if not, you may defend yourselves." He turns, leaving the group in the care of the doctor, who has already begun his rounds, checking on the injuries sustained in the fight before. The guards left with him follow his directions, helping bandage wounds and administer salves and medicines to the open cuts. He seems most interested in the padre, taking care to carefully cover the wound with a thick poultice that stings and stinks to high heavens, but the doctor assures him it will heal the wound in no time. When everyone is patched up, the doctor packs his bag up and waits by the door with the guards; only a scant few minutes pass before another set of guards arrive, bearing breakfast. They leave the platters of food on the massive table, leaving only wooden forks for the crew to eat their meal with, before leaving the cell and locking it once more.

"Lucky you got a pretty one. Cap'n ain't so much as tossed us a scrap o' ham since we got in." The voice comes from an adjacent cell, and looking out into the hall shows a man with his arms hooked through the cell bars, grinning a lopsided, snaggletoothed grin. The man looks to be a pirate of sorts, and it is hard to tell if he smells and looks so bad due to his time here, or if it simply comes natural to him. Directly across from the communal cell sits a woman in fine clothes, who sits away from the bars and keeps her eyes turned up to the small window set in the top of the wall. Vincenzo, Victor, and Pierre can tell the clothes she wears are of the highest fashion, and quite expensive in these regions. In the cell next to her is a burly looking man who wears his white ruffled shirt wide open, exposing a muscled which bears a tattoo, but only the letters 'OUNTES' can be seen from under the shirt. He sits with his head leaned back against the wall, his eyes closed.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Diana

"HEY, NO, give that back- ow" Diana tumbles backwards and sulks.

quote:

I must admit, a part of me is loathe to believe such a beautiful woman could have part in such a conspiracy.." He gives Elaine a broad smile.

"What am I, CHOPPED LIVE-AAAAHH owwwww..." She whimpers a bit and stays quiet until the food arrives, at which point she springs back to life, attacking it and stuffing as much as possible in her mouth before its gone. Food tends to do that if you don't fight for it.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Vincenzo

To say the Vodacce man simply broods is an insult to the sheer depth of his brooding. He glowers so hard at the bars that were looks capable of killing the wall behind them would collapse. This is undignified and unjustified. While Vincenzo may deserve this in a karmic sense, it is just so poetically infuriating that he would be jailed for something he didn't even do. Terrible things will befall that man... Terrible things.

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Cal

Cal grabs a piece of bread from the table and crosses the cell, tossing it through the bars to the man hanging off the bars, "What did you lot get put away for then?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The man hanging on the bars snatches the crust of bread and greedily eats it, grinning at Cal. "Robbed a man blind and rolled 'im into a ditch. None too proud of it, but he were carryin' a lot of money and were piss drunk, he was." The muscled man across from the robber only looks up in disgust, before resting his head back against the stone. The robber cackles, and leans forward to try to look at Cal better.

"Big boy over here picked a fight with the cap'n of the guard, after he tried to run him his lady in. Came from another ship, an' been here a few days; got left behind, he did!" The man with the tattoo only grunts, frowning sternly. Across from Cal, the nicely dressed woman glances at him demurely, before turning to look back up through the window. "As fer her? No clue. She came in a bit before you lads did, and she ain't very talkative. Guards have left her well enough alone." The man belches, and gives the woman a broad grin; if she heard him, she doesn't show, and doesn't react.

"Cold bitch. Bet she killed her husband, like one of them dirty Vodacce black widows." He spits, shaking his head. "Can't trust them Vodacce as far as they can piss. Buncha girly men who get mad at the slightest thing. Feh!" He leans back from the bars as a guard pokes his head around the corner.

"Quiet down back there! Quit your gabbing, or I'll quiet you myself!"

Once the guard leaves, the criminal leans forward again and makes a face at the doorway the guard was in. "Them Montaigne are about as bad as the Vodacce. Prick."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Victor Everhart

Victor crosses his arms and sits waiting, not attempting to eat or anything for a while before he finally turns towards the rest of the group, "Why did you idiots think in that situation fighting was a good idea? I am concerned. We are on boat most of the time. Are you guys going to come across a fleet of five heavily outfitted ships and then think it is good idea to engage them in glorious combat? I like to fight, I have killed men in combat, but I am not one to commit suicide." He motions around the room and then leans forward, "And I do not commit murder. This is... distressing to say the least. But it is nothing, we are innocent so we will be freed or I will use my family money to get me, at least, free. This being incarcerated does not distress me in the least, what does cause me anger and a bit of concern is that 3 members of our command structure seem to have no trouble gambling away their lives and the lives of the rest of us on suicidal combat... If that had went wrong we could all be dead because you don't want to have, what is essentially, a series of conversations with multiple people while being fed and lodged in a less than average manner." The Eisen nobleman has been gathering a bit of steam as he talks and says the last sentence with a cutting motion of his hand before grumbling and crossing his arms, obviously somewhat displeased.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Vincenzo

The Captain takes a long, slow breath, collecting his thoughts and suppressing the wince from breathing before speaking. "You may not have realized this, Mister Everhart, but we were not the one that struck first. Indeed, I did not even draw a weapon before I was injured so. So, before you go about making such accusations, I suggest you gather the facts." He maintains his composure about the whole incident... Through great effort. To say the least, the comment towards his nationality riled him, but he refused to show it. No, when he responds to that dolt, he will do so calmly.

The way the battle played out so far as I could see, one Musketeer unloaded at Diana, and then a bunch Charlie-Foxtrotted the rest of us. None of us so much as bared steel. So, yeah, I'mma use that.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Diana

"What he said, HOMPH, L'Emperer's finest apparently consider shooting the women and/or children first the biggest priority." She takes a deep breath, and whispers in Vincenzo's ear. "These locks look second rate, If you want I can try to pop them and we can be on our way. The question is when and what we do after that." She continues trying to finish everything left on the table while waiting for a response.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Vincenzo

Vincenzo shakes his head. "Patience." he whispers in return. "I am not leaving this rock without my weapons. Nor, do I imagine, are most of us."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Diana

She nods. "That's at least 150 guilders I got wrapped up in there. Probably closer to 200.*SLUUUURP*"

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Jan Svensson

"Honestly, I'm not sure why any of you are so antsy. This is clearly a misunderstanding, and that musketeer captain seems like a nice enough man. I'm sure he'll let us go once he realizes the mistake." Jan whistles a tune while looking around his cell. This was actually his first time in prison, didn't seem that bad really. Guess it'd be worse if the stay was going to be longer than just a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Brandt

"Oh pipe down you lot. It's like you people have never been tossed in jail before on a vague suspicion that you could have possibly been involved in something related to something that somebody else did." Brandt picks one corner of the cell as his own, and sits down in it, leaning back so that his head rests in the wedge behind him. "It isn't even unusual. Suck it up. We are here three days, tops."

• Locked thread