Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

super depressed right now because i'm at work but in about 5 hours I'll be well again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Bo-Pepper posted:

most peoples' lives in industrialized countries are actually really good but it's easy to focus on the lovely things it's like being robin williams' daughter and focusing on the two chucklefucks who are all ur dad's dead lol and barely giving any weight to the thousands of people offering heartfelt condolences

It's like being at your own birthday party and everyone is happy and having a good time and you got a bunch of great presents, but all you can pay attention to is this one rear end in a top hat that keeps stabbing you. In think we can all learn a lot by simply appreciating what we have instead of focusing on the negative.

ulvir

Bo-Pepper posted:

it's a lot to ask to have a job that makes you happy in and of itself i mean it's the ideal but most folks don't get the ideal if your job gives you the opportunity and resources (eg. money) to pursue what makes you happy in your free time that is a good job

the career I'm pursuing might be very stressful and traditionally with less than average spare time. it is, however, extremely meaningful in and of itself and I am content whenever I'm doing it either during student teaching or a summer job. as long as I've more money to spend than as a student I will be happy. I don't need too much luxury, just to buy necessities and be able to travel once each summer. that is enough to make me happy. my hobbies other than that isn't something that requires a lot of money.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

It's like being at your own birthday party and everyone is happy and having a good time and you got a bunch of great presents, but all you can pay attention to is this one rear end in a top hat that keeps stabbing you. In think we can all learn a lot by simply appreciating what we have instead of focusing on the negative.

i think if we all took a moment and thought about the journey that stabbing knife took from ore in the rock to blade in your sternum we would all be much more appreciative

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

oh wait, I'm depressed now because I started reading e/n

cuntman.net

Jett posted:

i think that really, all in all, when you add up all the good poo poo and all the bad poo poo and divide it by the world's population, things are really no worse right now than they have been at any point in human history

but what if overpopulation is one of the bad things :psyboom:

Ben Smash

LARDROOM
As long as I got weed money and the opportunity to chat about videogames all day, I should at least pretend to be happy

bwatts

because my brain is broken and i'm a stupid dumb human being that can't survive properly

Stormyish

Clinical depression, borderline personality disorder, and body dysphoria

Ben Smash

LARDROOM

Stormyish posted:

Clinical depression, borderline personality disorder, and body dysphoria

bipolar, epileptic and 30 year old manbaby, here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormyish

Ben Smash posted:

bipolar, epileptic and 30 year old manbaby, here