Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulvir

I've spent the last 20 minutes reading through http://www.humansofnewyork.com/ again. They're travelling with the UN, getting the story from people and refugees in Iraq, Jordan, and so on. the world is utter poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

ulvir posted:

I've spent the last 20 minutes reading through http://www.humansofnewyork.com/ again. They're travelling with the UN, getting the story from people and refugees in Iraq, Jordan, and so on. the world is utter poo poo.

only the brown part of the world is utter poo poo.

ulvir

that doesn't stop it from tearing me up inside

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
My refrigerator was open last night and so it spoiled my milk and now I cannot have my cheerios for breakfast. :sweatdrop:

GEExCEE

I have major depressive disorder

Pizzatime

cause no jawb, but I'm not actually depressed, just not in an optimal position

Looke

The world is good you are just choosing to read the bad stuff. Open your eyes sheeple

alnilam

things are uncertain with my gf of 3 years right now, she has commitment anxieties and currently she wants some space to figure stuff out, but we used to spend every night together so giving her space has been tough for me

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i'm not depressed, just a little hungover

ulvir

Looke posted:

The world is good you are just choosing to read the bad stuff. Open your eyes sheeple

bacterias are rapidly becoming resistant to antibiotics which means even a simple pneumonia might be lethal. we are using up every little resource the planet has like it's going out of style and will soon face a world where the vast majority won't have access to clean fresh water (this is already a reality), deforestation and so on and so on. we are turning the world more poo poo every single second :smithicide:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i feel pretty good about things and my life in general

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Bo-Pepper posted:

i feel pretty good about things and my life in general

it's still early in the day. give it time.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

pig slut lisa posted:

it's still early in the day. give it time.

nah i've got a pretty good life i'm a generally happy guy

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i made tasty salsas last night and shared them with my family then went to bed at a reasonable hour to wake up this morning with my son who rubbed his eyes and smiled at me i've got nothing to complain about

Pizzatime

Bo-Pepper posted:

i made tasty salsas last night and shared them with my family then went to bed at a reasonable hour to wake up this morning with my son who rubbed his eyes and smiled at me i've got nothing to complain about

meanwhile children are starving in africa and rubbing their eyes cause of all the metal dust from scavenging trash :colbert:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Pizzatime posted:

meanwhile children are starving in africa and rubbing their eyes cause of all the metal dust from scavenging trash :colbert:

can't do anything about that but i do have a job supporting chronically homeless mentally ill people with housing so i have a small part of the many problems in the world i'm trying to do something about which is all anyone can be asked to do so i feel pretty good still

Omeene
I have spent 4 years at a University and I fear that it has all been worthless. Well, besides the student debt. That is worth something in a negative way.

Ben Smash

LARDROOM
The job i want hasn't called me back and it's yet another day in the job i have currently, that I hate with a passion.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Omeene posted:

I have spent 4 years at a University and I fear that it has all been worthless. Well, besides the student debt. That is worth something in a negative way.

while worthless it may seem you would find it almost impossible to be employed in most fields without that piece of paper so it's probably a wash

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
FYAD is furiously jacking off to this thread (to alleviate their own depression).

Ben Smash

LARDROOM

Bo-Pepper posted:

while worthless it may seem you would find it almost impossible to be employed in most fields without that piece of paper so it's probably a wash

I've been in IT for 7 years with no degree. Checkmate.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Ben Smash posted:

The job i want hasn't called me back and it's yet another day in the job i have currently, that I hate with a passion.

if you want one job apply to twelve trying to focus on one job in one place is a recipe for disappointment as you now know

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

Ben Smash posted:

You just made FYAD cum very hard.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Ben Smash posted:

hmm yes IT is most fields i have been corrected

Ben Smash

LARDROOM

Bo-Pepper posted:

if you want one job apply to twelve trying to focus on one job in one place is a recipe for disappointment as you now know

No I know, I slowed down my search once I got a second interview with these folks. I'm thinking of emailing them as it's been a week since our last meeting.

Meg From Family Guy
BYOB Not So Chill After Getting Depressed

pig slut lisa

irl is good

bo pep why are you constantly owning us with your great life :qq:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

pig slut lisa posted:

bo pep why are you constantly owning us with your great life :qq:

you can have it too everyone can that's the secret

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Hey, I'm not depressed right now.

Captain No-mates

im depressed that my life is in a good patch and i dont have much to whine about

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Bo-Pepper posted:

everyone can and should grow their money mustache :D

google THIS

i think that really, all in all, when you add up all the good poo poo and all the bad poo poo and divide it by the world's population, things are really no worse right now than they have been at any point in human history

ulvir

Bo-Pepper posted:

I think graduation + a job in 2 years will be the magical cure for my part. maybe earlier if I should land this thing called an SO

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Jett posted:

i think that really, all in all, when you add up all the good poo poo and all the bad poo poo and divide it by the world's population, things are really no worse right now than they have been at any point in human history

everyone wants to believe their time period is so special and great/horrible because we are narcissists

pig slut lisa

irl is good

ulvir posted:

I think graduation + a job in 2 years will be the magical cure for my part. maybe earlier if I should land this thing called an SO

you are well on your way :peanut:

ulvir

pig slut lisa posted:

you are well on your way :peanut:

don't wanna take the joy in advance, but I'll join in on :peanut:'ing

Ben Smash

LARDROOM
i mean i'm happy my job can be pretty kush but my boss did ask me to tour our garbage pickup vendor's facilities to make sure they are actually recycling our garbage.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

it's a lot to ask to have a job that makes you happy in and of itself i mean it's the ideal but most folks don't get the ideal if your job gives you the opportunity and resources (eg. money) to pursue what makes you happy in your free time that is a good job

Saranya

I was feeling very depressed, and now I'm not as much because I went to talk to a counselor about my problems and they helped me point out some good things in my life to focus on while I work on fixing the bad things. It was worth it and if you're feeling sad, please talk to someone before you do something you can't take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

most peoples' lives in industrialized countries are actually really good but it's easy to focus on the lovely things it's like being robin williams' daughter and focusing on the two chucklefucks who are all ur dad's dead lol and barely giving any weight to the thousands of people offering heartfelt condolences

• Locked thread