Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stelas posted:

You should get Navigation, build a boat, stick some dudes on it, then drive it off the board and around to red to stab him in the back.

e: And green

e: and Yellow

e: What I'm saying is that boats filled with angry mongols rule

I like the sound of this plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The situation has gotten dire, the other leaders have taken to patronizing us, explaining the movement and exploration rules.

On my next turn I believe I can move my city to the south, found it and build an academy in it all at once, should I do this?

Jump King fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 6, 2014

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The other thing we can start working on is schemes against our enemies.

How can we capture that green city across the moat?

How can we gently caress up red to our south?

Additionally, now is the time for diplomacy, I will write a message to each other player in the thread and I want you council folk to help me.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

MildManeredManikin posted:

How can we capture that green city across the moat?

How can we gently caress up red to our south?

Stelas posted:

boats filled with angry mongols

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

On my next turn I believe I can move my city to the south, found it and build an academy in it all at once, should I do this?

Ew no.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

what instead? I can make it happy instead?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

what instead? I can make it happy instead?

Why would you waste your next turn by doing any of that when you can move, public education, and gather 4! resources from your size 2 city instead?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jon Joe is super smart and you should listen to him instead of me, because I want to suggest teching toward Trade Routes (after doing the things he says). I want to eventually put a city at H-10, so if you put a port into H-6 you'd be able to maintain 2 trade routes just with ships in harbor.

Trade with Gaia's Stepchildren, take away their blasphemous god-trees and eat them. Also trade with the Jebusites, we'll sell you some children you can eat. You'll probably want to develop storage technology though, those kids skinny up real fast if you don't feed them. Likewise those god-trees shed all their greenery so quickly.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Wish I had known you had a free advance card. Philosophy would have been a much better choice than Free Education; mood tokens aren't that important.

edit: You're playing wrong.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Just a friendly reminder that you need a third city before you can build a port, which you need before you can start building boats (which you then fill with Mongols and/or trade with). The Jebusites would be building boats themselves but they've got a bit of a Mongol problem of their own already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

We have claimed first blood

• Locked thread