Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Game thread here

Shank 2 is a video game developed by Klei Entertainment. It's a fast-paced beat-em-up action game, quite unlike its predecessor. With a campaign mode that's brutally hard on the hardest difficulty, and a co-op mode that keeps players coming back for more. It's available on Steam and on the Klei website for PC, Mac, and Linux - and players on different types of computer can even play together!

Hey everybody, I'm representing our great community in a PBP Clash of Cultures game. I am the leader of The Mafia Murder Mpire, a great nation hemmed in by the sea. Down on my luck, I decided my best option was to turn to you to help me win this game and prove something or another. Anyway, tell me what to do in the game, vote on it and then I'll do it.

Other Nations
Gaia's Stepchildren (Green) (frankenfreak)
Not currently aggressive and playing in a non optimal way, it does not seem like the culture across the river is threatening to us at the moment.

Balseraphs (Yellow) (Cynic Jester)
IDK

Jebusites (Red) (Abyssal Squid)
Squid seems like a cool and friendly guy who wants to work with me but also clearly knows the most about this game.

Current Board

(we're blue)

Rules

I'm still in the process of determining these but I want to have a stupidly formal system for making proposals and voting on them.

Everybody in here is presumed to be a councilor, you can decide what you're a councilor of though.

Things we can vote on:
Flag - I made a flag, but it's mostly a joke about the sea screwing us over and cosmetic stuff is always the most fun for voting
City names - We have two cities, let's name them.
This OP - It's very slapshod and poorly thrown together, how can we make it better
Proposal rules - I want a stupid method of voting for my actions in this game, what should it be.
Game strategy - Do the work for me please
Other stuff - Pretty much any action I can make in the thread you can make a proposal for.

Current Councilors:
  • MMM (head)
  • mr.capps (spymaster)
  • Mad Rancher (You're playing wrong)
  • Mills (#mills)
  • Opop (second spymaster)
  • Tremendous Taste
  • Abyssal Squid (Ambassador from the Jebusites)

Jump King fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I will be the Spymaster

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I am the councilor of "You're playing wrong"

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

#Mills

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to be in charge of deceit, back stabbing, and acts of cunning.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Current conclusions:

Green in weak position. Ignore for now. Later, look for capturing cheap cities off of. Try to capture cheap cities before Yellow does.

Yellow: Work with against red.

Red: In best position. Destroy.

You: are playing wrong.

Economic Liberty is the most overpowered advancement and I highly recommend it. For your next turn go 2 food -> fishing -> your choice of 1 wood from your second city or making your second city happy. I personally like making your second city happy, for your eventual port there. During your status phase get writing. All future actions depend on events your enemies trigger through advancement.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Red wants to work with me, should I spit in his face or pretend to work with him?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Well, it depends on in what way he wants to work together.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

He's asking me to put cities to the south so we can get trade routes going

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

He's asking me to put cities to the south so we can get trade routes going

Tell him it depends on where things go. You'll think about it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

OK I'm not going to do anything without a formal proposal and vote on that proposal though. This is a legislative LP of Clash of Cultures.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretend to work with him but stab in the back asap

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Also, how is he communicating to you? I don't see it in thread, and the OP bans private chat to other players.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mad Rancher posted:

Also, how is he communicating to you? I don't see it in thread, and the OP bans private chat to other players.

It's in thread, he's been giving me advice and said this in the last post:

Abyssal Squid posted:

Okay the Jebusites may look like dumb baby cowards just hiding from the Balseraphs and praying for safety, but once we get some answers we're gonna come forth and teach them those answers. Also MMM bring your cities over here so we can set up trade routes with each other okay, next round I'll start bringing cities north for you to trade with if you research Trade Routes.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm in the Red Council as well.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mills posted:

I'm in the Red Council as well.

leak everything you know

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't know anything.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

play incredibly aggressively and outside of the spirit of the game

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Let's name our cities Kanye and Kim.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

and Ray J

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Game mod revealed us, what now?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stab him in the back

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

As for game updates, we received one food from squid during status phase.

The most obvious actions to me at this point are:
1) start getting a bunch of advances, focusing toward the democracy section
2) rush roads and push my second settler out to unexplored territory (I can do this in one turn)
3) make efforts to increase the size of my cities

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Opopanax posted:

Stab him in the back

I concur.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alright here's a rule:

Once we tech to voting (which we'll get to at some point since that's the kind of game it looks like we're playing) We'll start a real voting system, until then everybody should just shout different things and I'll do whatever seems best.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
As the first spy master I recommend you stab people in the chest instead of the back.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hi, I'm an emissary from the Jebusites, and boy have I got some good news for you! Moloch doesn't want to eat your children! Right now he only wants to eat Jebusite children, so it would probably be great if you could help us maintain a steady stream of Jebusite children flowing and he doesn't turn to eating Mafia Murder children after all. Thanks!

By the way, he doesn't want to eat the children of Gaia's Stepchildren or the Balseraphs, but that's because they're not people, they're dogs and lizards in the shape of people, respectively. They're no good as live sacrifice.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Abyssal Squid do you want to be a councilor?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Can my title be Ambassador from the Jebusites?

My only advice in that capacity is "let's get cities paired up 2 spaces from each other so we can get some trade routes going with no trouble" and "don't start worshiping Moloch's enemies." I'll have to take another look at your board if you want me to suggest tech and stuff, but Fishing is probably a good place to start! Oh you have that already, good that's a start, with Writing you can build academies and get tons of ideas without hitting the limit on food, idk. Probably best to settle a third city ASAP so you can get those size-3 cities, considering you have two city-size techs already.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 6, 2014

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Gather 1 wood, 1 ore from I3
Spend it to build an academy at h4
Something something depending on your action cards (seriously abuse them!)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Why H4 (Kim) and not I3 (Kanye)?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Because you're gonna make H4 your mega-land with a port.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Let's play a C9 every time we want to vote on a rule.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Agreed

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess that's fair, it can only collect 3 resources until we get husbandry though

I have action cards that given me another action basically but all I can really do with my 3rd action in that turn would be move my settler to the woods

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

I guess that's fair, it can only collect 3 resources until we get husbandry though

I have action cards that given me another action basically but all I can really do with my 3rd action in that turn would be move my settler to the woods

It can collect food from the sea tile, due to fishing (gold when you later have a port)

And yeah, moving is probably best. First action next turn should probably be another move, and depending on what's revealed, Public Education into gathering 1 food, 1 wood, 1 ore, 1 idea.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Mad Rancher's plan looks solid, and if your action cards don't give you anything useful to work with, Public Education is a good choice. Getting ideas when you go fishing means you can eat your fish instead of researching the fish, which is especially important before you get Storage. Keep moving that settler when you get a chance, though!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mad Rancher posted:

It can collect food from the sea tile, due to fishing (gold when you later have a port)

I was counting the sea. You can only collect from one sea resource in a turn.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

I was counting the sea. You can only collect from one sea resource in a turn.

You have the land the city is on, the ore tile, the wood tile, and the sea tile from being able to collect from a total of 4 tiles after it's fully upgraded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

You should get Navigation, build a boat, stick some dudes on it, then drive it off the board and around to red to stab him in the back.

e: And green

e: and Yellow

e: What I'm saying is that boats filled with angry mongols rule

Stelas fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 6, 2014

• Locked thread