Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

the main thing for me is that weed has always been a terrible experience where i get super paranoid but i think if i take it really slowly and start with small hits and acclimate i might be able to get into it

i mean i realize i'm like, desperately self medicating here but i've been on a constantly rotating stream of anti depressants, none of which seem to do anything for me, and i really just need something that makes me not dread coming home at the end of the day

I think I tended towards like... weird paranoid hallucinations when I was trying to go to sleep as a kid so I've always been slightly apprehensive about smoking weed but I always try to smoke in like... positive mindstates? I've had times where I've had weird paranoid poo poo happen to me while I'm showering where i feel like ghosts are going to come attack me but I've always been able to laugh it off as "oh I'm obviously high, that is really not going to happen to me"

start off small, hang around with people you like and trust if you're still worried about paranoia until you have a tolerance, just try and be comfortable

if it works for you as a form of self-medication then congrats

if not then idk, you might need something more fulfilling in your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how much are cigarettes in the US

latest round of taxes in nz put a box of 20
up to $20 so my bro quit now between him and his gf they saving an extra $1200 a month I told him to put it on his mortgage but he wasn't interested.

I sell patches and gum 2 people. there was funding for a while I could sell 8 weeks worth or either for $5 but the funding has dried up bit people can still call a hotline and get cheap nicotine replacement. tried varenicline?? google for the molecular structure it's cool

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

up to $20 so my bro quit now between him and his gf they saving an extra $1200 a month I told him to put it on his mortgage but he wasn't interested.

I sell patches and gum 2 people. there was funding for a while I could sell 8 weeks worth or either for $5 but the funding has dried up bit people can still call a hotline and get cheap nicotine replacement. tried varenicline?? google for the molecular structure it's cool

they're like $5-6 here but that's on the cheap end

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

GoldenTeeth posted:

I think I tended towards like... weird paranoid hallucinations when I was trying to go to sleep as a kid so I've always been slightly apprehensive about smoking weed but I always try to smoke in like... positive mindstates? I've had times where I've had weird paranoid poo poo happen to me while I'm showering where i feel like ghosts are going to come attack me but I've always been able to laugh it off as "oh I'm obviously high, that is really not going to happen to me"

start off small, hang around with people you like and trust if you're still worried about paranoia until you have a tolerance, just try and be comfortable

if it works for you as a form of self-medication then congrats

if not then idk, you might need something more fulfilling in your life

dang are you me? i also had terrible hallucinations/night terrors/sleep paralysis as a child.

at this point i think i want to try to smoke alone until i get comfortable with it because i dont really want to put people through the stress of dealing with me. last time i smoked i thought my indian friend was a muslim extremist planning to behead me for the taliban.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

GoldenTeeth posted:

but stoners and dope lifestylers are usually a total drag to hang out with. the last one I spent any serious amount of time with couldn't shut up about drug laws or her awful hippy friends and it sucked

people who base their entire personality on a single thing are always insufferable

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

duTrieux. posted:

people who base their entire personality on a single thing are always insufferable

funny compuer

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

they're ~$7/pack in southern il but $12/pack in chicago

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

funny compuer

yes.

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071119045202AAhZa0A

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
if u want to avoid some of the nasty chemicals u can roll your own american spirit tobacco. its not as good as quitting but its a step in the right direction

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I hate how stoners always talk about weed now let me tell you about my favorite operating system and the avengers movie while I text on my phone

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

its windows xp and the avengers movie was average

this bad post was made from my bad anroid phone hth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
one day i wanna try legally grown weed to know what really good weed is like. god knows in a relative fashion what the weed ive smoked in nz is realy like

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

echinopsis posted:

one day i wanna try legally grown weed to know what really good weed is like. god knows in a relative fashion what the weed ive smoked in nz is realy like

it tastes really good compared and it gets you pretty wrecked, exactly in the way you want because you always have a specific choice of strain / hybrid mix between the outer edges of sativa to indica and in between

that's 'bout it though, it's not magic

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

it's like coffee or tea, you can get whatever type you want

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's like coffee or tea, you can get whatever type you want

can i get it fair trade and cruelty free?

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

I smoke weed every day

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

CamH posted:

I smoke weed every day

you took the robots advice and the robot is proud of you

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
It's easy for me to not get addicted to cigarettes.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

it tastes really good compared and it gets you pretty wrecked, exactly in the way you want because you always have a specific choice of strain / hybrid mix between the outer edges of sativa to indica and in between

that's 'bout it though, it's not magic

see i dont even know when you say exactly what you wnt, what i want? i gueass i would describe it to sthe cannabis sellers

either way yeah.. now that im older weed is not a magic thing anymore at all anyway. i remember what being high in my teens meant.. it was almost "psychedelic" but getting high has 0 of that property anymore

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

echinopsis posted:

either way yeah.. now that im older weed is not a magic thing anymore at all anyway. i remember what being high in my teens meant.. it was almost "psychedelic" but getting high has 0 of that property anymore

that's cause your weed sucks, dude

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
illinois just got a medicinal law and now they're expanding it to include more conditions, need to find me a doc who will diagnose my asymptomatic epilepsy

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Surprisingly Dope posted:

me too. moderation ftw. the onlyt hing im addicted to is getting this dick wet

*points to someone elses dick*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ploft-shell crab posted:

that's cause your weed sucks, dude

yeah good job working out what ive been trying top say

e: kind of. ive puffed on vapes until stoned as absolute gently caress but still none of those semi-faux-psychdelic effecs which came so easy as a kid.

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 10, 2015

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Cigars: relapse or not?

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

I had to force quit smoking

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
all drugs should be illegal cause its more fun that way

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad there's a bunch of epic BYOB posting about dat weede here. gently caress you.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Same!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm glad there's a bunch of epic BYOB posting about dat weede here. gently caress you.

is this what byob is like? i've never been there since it reopened

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

smoking is cool as hell

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Last Chance posted:

smoking is cool as hell

*dies from agonising slow cancer death*

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

*dies from agonising slow cancer death*

yeah this is what an uncool person says

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
live fast *cough cough cough cough* die * cough splutter cough hack cough* young

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PuTTY riot posted:

yeah this is what an uncool person says

I'm a dad now.. cool and uncool are just words that mean nothing in my universe. I just "am"...

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

echinopsis posted:

eh people acclimate imo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Squeezy Farm posted:

Been 2 weeks since my last. Feeling so good! Almost broke down at work on Thursday but I soldiered on... drat do I miss smoke breaks tho! Think I'll replace them with short walks now that it's nice out :shobon:

How's everyone else doing?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

good job dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

i dled this app but ugh the ios5 interface. had to uninstall.

• Locked thread