Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Not playing because I just don't have the time to devote to it, but my god these submissions are fantastic. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

sullat posted:

OK, added stats. Now, if I understand walkers correctly, if the walker is destroyed, Otto has a chance to bail out and run away fight on? And the walker uses the pilot's SV/FV/pluck stats to make its rolls? Also, anyone know offhand the point value for medic? I'm assuming its 5, but if I'm wrong let me know so I can adjust things.

Yes on all accounts. A pilot of a walker uses it for weapons, speed and armor until they're out of it, but otherwise it's their statline. Whenever a walker gets hit you roll on that table you probably saw, but it's more likely the pilot will expire then the robot suit. If it does and the pilot escapes the danger then they're running around, yeah. (Actually if you have the engineering skill you can then repair the walker, but that really isn't practical.)

The value for medic is 5. Medic works as follows, to memory; a model gets downed. You have a turn to get the medic to the model, roll a pluck and get them back up. After they die.

edit: Well. They die for the battle, but on the campaign each "dead" model rolls pluck again to see if they actually die.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 1, 2016

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

The Order of the Sanskrit Sutra

Ex-monks of the shaolin temple, our order was expelled for delving into ancient secrets and using Qi unethically. Moving to the himalayas, they quickly set up in an abandoned buddhist conversion post in an isolated valley to continue their studies and training , as well as to track down ancient and fearsome knowledge. And while they're here, you can bet they're going to defend this land of holy rivers against the greedy and unenlightened.

Emei Sect Nun - 4+ pluck (4), +2SV (2), +3FV (4), +2speed (2) AC10 (4), Sword (4), Jade Hairpin 9", +1 +0 (3) = 23

Fast, tough as nails and excellent swordswomen, these lightly armoured nuns have been around the block, and have mastered the ancient art of hairpin throwing.

Emei Sect Adept - 5+ pluck (2), +0SV, +2FV (2), +2speed (2) AC9 (2), Sword (4), = 12

These young women are still getting their training underway, though you don't want to get on the wrong side of them in a gang, especially when they've been out drinking after training

Little Master Vacant Truth - 3+ pluck (9), +3FV (4), +2SV (2), +2 speed (2), Quarterstaff (4), Qi Blast (12", +2 -1) (5), AC 10 (4), medic (5), leadership +1 (3), mountain peaks in mist (zone of shadows) (13) = 51

His kind heart means that he focuses most of his Qi energy towards helping and defending others. He'll never back down from an injustice or wrongdoing, and is more than happy to use his quarterstaff when he needs to. His long climbs and periods of meditation in the mountains have given him a strong constitution, as well as the ability to breathe qi mountain mist.

Brother Unrelinquish - 3+ pluck (9), +4FV (9), +0SV (0), +2 speed (2), Drunkard's Fist (Edison Arc Truncheon) (6), AC 10 (4), Numb (10), Tough (5), Belly Stomp (Dragon Wings) (13) = 58

A bully from birth, Brother Unrelinquish was forced into the monastery when he was caught at banditry. Caring little for a monks vows, he mostly remains with the Order in his lust for power and strength through more ancient Sutras. His incredible gluttony does give him an impressive constitution and the ability to force Qi through an enemy's body with his powerful punches, however.

Sacred Master Acumen - 3+ pluck (9), +0FV, +4SV (9), +1 speed (2), AC 10 (4), Qi Cannon (Congreve rocket gun+Carbine) (12), Explosive qi, Flame qi, Gas qi (21), leadership +1 (3), Fanatic (5), Skirmisher (3) Unearthly Aura[beauty] (10), Fragrant Monkey Tail (rocket pack) (5) = 82

No one knows quite how old Master Acumen is, all they know is that he's seen 3 abbots come and go in his time at the Shaolin temple. The last of which expelled him and his students for their study of illegal Qi manuals.Determined to continue his studies and gain as much power as possible for the good of buddhists everywhere, nobody can say whether gaining the ability to fire incredibly accurate and destructive blasts from his hands has corrupted him as was accused.

1x Sacred Master Acumen 82
1x Brother Unrelinquish 58
1x Little Master Vacant Truth 51
1x Emei Nun 23
3X Emei Adept 36
Total: 250

Gold: 55 dollars

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 4, 2016

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Dr. James de Havilland had a dream.

This was not, in point of fact, a particularly noble dream. Or, indeed, an intelligent one. The end goal was not clear even to the man himself; somewhere off in the mists of possibility the recognition of the superiority of power beyond that of steam or electric. His name coupled to the success. Fetes, balls, receptions, prizes awarded in his name to the next bright young minds of the coming years. The recognition of his peers, to the extent that he accepted he had them. Clockwork - de Havilland-work, or so he would have it, no better name coming to mind - would put his name in the minds of all across the world.

The work could not be said to be feverish, with the Doctor's temperament and the temptations of momentary pleasure ready to hand. But soon, tools were downed, and invitations to the very first exhibition of de Havilland's Visions of the Future of the World were sent.

It was a stunning success. Insomuch as the exhibits worked, and the invited guests and the Doctor were stunned. It made it much easier to borrow their pocketbooks.

Months later, when all the exhibits had managed to ship their way to the Himalayas (not a few boxes having found their way to untold regions of the world by mistake in the meantime), and reassembled themselves, the great work could finally begin. For no matter the mistakes de Havilland made, he had managed to instill in his creations some semblance of the philosophies he espoused; the vagaries and doublethink of his own views transmuted into doctrine and code in the ticking minds of the exhibits. This was the land that held riches, all to be claimed thanks to the wonder that was steam power.

Alternative arrangements would have to be made.

The Exhibition of a Bright Future includes;

de Havilland's Wonderful Tour Guide Persona/Tension Jones - Fitted with a modulating leather throat-bladder in order to entertain guests with witty repartee and praise for the Doctor, the self-renamed Tension Jones leads the ex-exhibits due to the simple fact that it is the only one of the group able to speak coherently. Receiving better upkeep as a result of its importance means that it has come to be one of the better working units as a result.
Pluck +2 FV 4/SV 3 Speed +0 (29)
Steel Breastplate
Crossbow
Quarterstaff (19)
Leadership 2
Marksman (11) (59 total)

de Havilland's Complete Guardsman for an Uncertain Future/Dynamo Jackson - Contrary to rumours, the Doctor's only exhibit designed for military purposes was not the ringleader of the rebellion, did not fire a shot through six of the finest derbies in order to pierce the Doctor in the heart while he stood on the stage, and certainly does not wear a cloak dipped in the blood of its victims. It does use a rifle, however, which to the other exhibits is painfully worrisome. Gunpowder seems very close to steam. Oh, but it does have a red cloak. It likes red.
Pluck +3 FV 3/SV 4 Speed +0 (22)
Brigandine
Hunting Rifle
Combat Knife (21)
Hunter
Marksman (10) (52 total)

de Havilland's Fine Body of Robust Servants - Your average clockwork automatons. They speak of many things, in their curious sign language, though what they speak of is uncertain, and the jerkiness of the movements is unsettling. The swords may add to that. Presumably they're actually very nice people.
Pluck 3 FV 3/SV 3 Speed +0 (17)
Steel Breastplate
Crossbow
Sabre (19)
Marksman
Stealthy (10) (46 total)

de Havilland's Amazing Burden-Lifting Clockwork Yak - An unassuming beast, of simple mind and basic clockwork, and one made to be almost life-like in design. Sadly, de Havilland's design seems to have been working from several differing sources in description, and the Doctor can surely never have seen a Yak in person, because what the Clockwork Yak mostly is is a large automatic rhinosaurus.
Pluck +4 FV 5/SV 0 Speed +1 (21)
Plate Armour
Unarmed (basic) (25)
Tough (5) (51 total)

Clackerjacks - When one clockwork automata is beyond repair, what remains of it can be reshaped into something that does not depend on faculties and movements it can no longer perform. To still fixed and "sane" automatons, the Clackerjacks are figures of pity and inspiration to fight on. To the average person, the Clackerjacks are shuddering, ticking, leaping, juddering, sharp nightmares with partially human features that often attack those simply smoking a pipe.
Pluck +3 FV 4/SV 0 Speed +2 (20)
Steel Chain Shirt
Combat Knife (7)
Berserker
Terrifying (15) (43 total)

Pictures to come once I find some good ones Pictures are here!

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 1, 2016

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Does anyone have advice on how to set images to the size for tokens? All my attempts are failing.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

grandalt posted:

Does anyone have advice on how to set images to the size for tokens? All my attempts are failing.

Go to imgur, there should be an option that lets you edit a picture you upload, and then crop and/or resize it to what you need.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Ah, I don't have imgur. That explains why my attempts fail. Well, looks like either I find some help with tokens, or I'm out of this.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

See, we can tell how non-effort you are if you don't even look up what imgur is.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 1, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

grandalt posted:

I used MS paint to crop them square then resize them to the requisite 100 by 100 pixels and graffitti their initials.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

I used MS paint to crop them square then resize them to the requisite 100 by 100 pixels and graffitti their initials.

I see. Thank you. That should work.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Are machine-guns 15 points or 26 points? The cost reference sheet (26) and the rulebook (15) do not agree.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

There was an errata, which for the most part is just over machine guns. They cost 26 and require a strongman or two people to move and shoot. But you can split it's weapon bonus among targets.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Cool, thanks.

My stats are up! Check them out, you'll know their mine because mine has a a plate-armored knight on a steam horse as well as too many machine guns, but still not enough machine guns.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Cathode Raymond posted:

Indentured Orphans: Still on loan from the workhouse after decades of indentured servitude, these parentless children have grown into parentless adults and serve as the main combat force of the Royal Society. They are trained to be as cost-effective as possible. Attrition rates among the Orphans have historically been very high. Indentured Orphan #0014 is the longest-lived and most battle-hardened of the Orphans, having first seen combat as a teenager in Crimea. #0132 is the second longest-lived. Both have been chosen for the Shangri-La expedition, and each has insisted on bringing his own Maxim gun.

Stats:
pl 4+ (4) FV +2 (2) SV 3+ (4) [10]
Gear:
Machine Gun (26) sword (4) chain shirt (4) [34]

44 points total x 2 = 88 points

Do we announce which rail line we are backing?

If you want to use machine guns, you either have a two-man team that can deploy and fire the gun. Or you can spend 10 points and take the 'Strongman' talent and they can each carry and fire a machine gun on their own.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

The Saurus posted:

How many points do we have to build companies? Gonna build to 250 like last time for now.

Yep, 250 points.

my dad posted:

Professor Karpechenko's Immortals offer their services to anyone with deep enough pockets to afford them. And with the search for Shangri-la in progress, there are quite a few of those around.

Featuring: professor Karpechenko and his merry band of inexplicably death-resistant followers. Any rumors of insane experiments involving lots and lots of screaming are lies, I assure you

I explicitly put the kaibosh on immortal characters. In these deadly mountains, anyone can die.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 1, 2016

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I have my tokens, just too lazy to upload them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bacarruda posted:

I explicitly put the kaibosh on immortal characters. In these deadly mountains, anyone can die.

drat, looks like I glanced over that. Would you mind somehow making it stand out more in your post? Just bold it or something.

e: Obviously, my idea is void now.

e2: I'm an idiot and I managed to miss it even in the "rules" part. :cripes: What the hell is wrong with me.

my dad fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 1, 2016

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

my dad posted:

drat, looks like I glanced over that. Would you mind somehow making it stand out more in your post? Just bold it or something.

e: Obviously, my idea is void now.

e2: I'm an idiot and I managed to miss it even in the "rules" part. :cripes: What the hell is wrong with me.

No worries. Just handwave it away as something like the Persian 'Immortals' where every time one falls, it seems like a new one takes its place. Or as the Doctor persuading his followers that they can't die.

On the bright side, you now have a bunch on points you can spend or more characters or cool new gear.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hm... I think I'll just replace Immortal with the Intervention skill, if that's OK. It's also worth 10 points.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

The Halcutta Brigands got their name from no where in particular, that's just how names are. Ranging in the low thirties, most of their loot were petty mooks, no one important or presentable. Most of 'em had other jobs then just poking guns at people, too.

What's your unit's base SV and FV? I can't tell from looking at your spreadsheet.

my dad posted:

Professor Karpechenko
<ominous backstory goes here>
  • Immortal [10]
  • Impervious [5]
  • Fanatic [5]
  • Meticulous planning [15]
  • Pluck 2+ [16]
  • Speed+2 [2]
  • Armor +2 [2]
  • Leadership 3 [9]
Total: 64 points

What is his base FV and SV? It doesn't look like you spent points on this.

AtomikKrab posted:

Didn't we have an irc channel up on synirc, we could discuss in there.

I put an irc channel in the second OP.

Also, could you label which stat is FV, SV, and Speed? I'm not 100% sure which is which.

Cathode Raymond posted:

Do we announce which rail line we are backing?

That will be coming soon!

grandalt posted:

Gordon Dragis, criminal mastermind, looks at the map pinned on the wall. Somewhere in those mountains holds an opportunity of a lifetime. But seizing it will take more manpower and of course, going there. So, he turns to his aide Rogar. "Go tell Pete we'll be hiring him and his crew. There's a profit to be made."

Stats are here now. And so are images.

If you want to use an Acr Cannon, you will need the Strongman talent or you will need to have a second crewman to help you deploy it, so you may want to swap it for an Arc Rifle.

Also Arc weapons need an Arc Generator to help them recharge quickly enough to be fired every turn. Otherwise, they can only be fired every other turn.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bacarruda posted:

What is his base FV and SV? It doesn't look like you spent points on this.

Zero. Didn't spend points on it.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Alright, we still have room for one more Company!

If you haven't statted up your company or added images yet, go ahead and do that!

Travellers, the time has come to enter the mountains. If you seek Shangri-La, there are two places you should start. You should consult the archives of the Russian 1888 Himalayas expedition at Fort Mishkin or speak with the Lamas of the Palyu Temple.

Most of you have nothing more that your feet to carry you into the mountains. But a Shanks' Pony will not be enough to conquer these hills. You must get some transport to these locations.

Inside your wallets, you each have 50 gold dollars. You don't have time to spend this money on weapons, training, or mercenaries, but you might be able to use it to get some transport.

You must choose how you will get into the mountains. Here are your choices.

Buy a ticket

Your ticket will buy you and your Company passage to a destination of your choice.

The British-controlled Himalayan Railway has the fastest trains and the most-extensive railway network. But their travel comes at a price. A ticket will cost your Company 50 gold dollars.

You can also take the much-cheaper Russian Imperial Railway, for just 25 gold dollars.

The mysterious Calcutta-Nanking Line is refusing to sell passage on their trains, at any price.

You cold also buy a ticket on Professor Witherspoon's Airship Line for 40 gold dollars, although his airships have a nasty habit of flying into mountains...

Steal Transport

You can try to sneak or blast your way into a railway station and try to get some transport.

The newspapers are reporting that the Himalayan Railway is loading its armored trains with a shipment of the British Indian Army's steam artillery tractors and Royal Naval Air Service zeppelins. You might be able to fight your way in and steal them! Although, you and your Company will be wanted men...

The Russian Imperial Railroad has just unveiled its first armored train, hoping to use it to carry spider walkers to bolster the defense of Fort Mishkin.

The Calcutta-Nanking Railway is said to be very, very, very heavily-guarded. Rumors say most of their trains left the station three days ago, heading for the mountains. The backers of this railroad have paid millions and hired a small army to defend their main base in the Himalayan foothills. You can raid it, but you're not likely to survive.

It's now time for the intrigue phase. Start emailing each other your plans and begin forming factions.

Once you've decided what you are going to do, post your plans in the thread. For example: I will be trying to steal transport from the Himalayan Railroad

Remember to cc: me at SABacarruda@gmail when you email you each other.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 1, 2016

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Am I too late to submit a company? Didn't expect this to move so fast

While the British government itself rejects the idea of Shangri-la, the Royal society of explorers does not. It has outfitted 3 men in the latest in walker technology to explore the Himalayas, and bring back it's treasures for the empire.

Lord Charles of Mountberry was chosen by the society to lead the expedition, as a well-connected Lord and keen imperialist and explorer. Along with him come

Alfred His faithful servant and dogsbody for his adventures.

Wilfred Hummberg A promising young member of the society, who managed to wrangle himself into the position of society supervisor of the expedition.

Stats up later today.

Barracuda, could I remove the machine gun from a walker and add a arc cannon + generator instead?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bacarruda posted:

Also, could you label which stat is FV, SV, and Speed? I'm not 100% sure which is which.

Order is Pluck FV, SV, and then speed.

And here are images, the tokens are in order of the unit so, Kambei is first ect.

http://imgur.com/a/Qogqz

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

nothing to seehere posted:

Am I too late to submit a company? Didn't expect this to move so fast

b]Barracuda[/b], could I remove the machine gun from a walker and add a arc cannon + generator instead?

Not too late to submit! Although with that, THE LP IS FULL. No more companies, please. Although you should still stick around. There will almost certainly be some characters for people to control in the first mission!

Yes. The Arc Cannon costs 12 points and the Generator 15 points.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Bacarruda posted:

What's your unit's base SV and FV? I can't tell from looking at your spreadsheet.

It's listed in the weapon statline, followed by the weapon bonus and the total. It does say FV/SV #!

Now. Ya might think we petty banditos might be inclined to rob those trains, but to what purpose? A new ride? That can come later. We will travel by partial Russo-train to the fort.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

The Saurus posted:

The Order of the Sanskrit Sutra

Ex-monks of the shaolin temple, our order was expelled for delving into ancient secrets and using Qi unethically. Moving to the himalayas, they quickly set up in an abandoned buddhist conversion post in an isolated valley to continue their studies and training , as well as to track down ancient and fearsome knowledge. And while they're here, you can bet they're going to defend this land of holy rivers against the greedy and unenlightened.

Um, excuse me, but aren't you missing the best character from that game? :argh:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
^^^ sadly, he's not a monk. but i may need to use some of the non monk characters later.

If my guys need to arrange transportation, then of course we will be taking the Imperial Russian Railway

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Gentleman's Club will take Her Majesty's Himalayan Railway.

As to intrigue, I would be grateful if any or all of:
The Royal Society of Explorers
The British Royal Society
The Exhibition of a Bright Future

Would contact me at my eponymous yahoo.com address, remembering to add the esteemed Mr. Barracuda to the conversation. I believe our interests coincide, and would like to discuss matters.

You Johnny Foreigner types can if you wish make an overture via the same medium: I will listen but make no promises beyond that.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Bacarruda posted:

If you want to use an Acr Cannon, you will need the Strongman talent or you will need to have a second crewman to help you deploy it, so you may want to swap it for an Arc Rifle.

Also Arc weapons need an Arc Generator to help them recharge quickly enough to be fired every turn. Otherwise, they can only be fired every other turn.

Oh, I see. Is it too late to alter stats help this work through?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I will be booking passage on H.M. Himalayan Railway like a gentleman.

I fixed the machine-gun/lack of strongman problem and I will have tokens up on imgur later today.

My email is cathoderaymond@gmail.com for purposes of intriguing, though I don't trust easterners. Clockwork people of western design are acceptable.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

grandalt posted:

Oh, I see. Is it too late to alter stats help this work through?

Nope. You can edit them now.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Bacarruda, can I please count as a local and not have to arrange transport? I want to be hidden valley monk types, and it kind of ruins that if I have to take the westerner's trains to get there.

DrSnark just a heads up, your Marceau guy won't get all the benefits of the hunting rifle unless he has the hunter trait.

And the email for the Order of the Sanskrit Sutra is blackmetalpriest[at]gmail.com

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 1, 2016

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

The Saurus posted:

Bacarruda, can I please count as a local and not have to arrange transport? I want to be hidden valley monk types, and it kind of ruins that if I have to take the westerner's trains to get there.

Sure, why the hell not?

Just let me know where you are going.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
sa goon my dad at gee mail dot com

Pics and some sort of backstory coming soon.

I'll be taking the Imperial Russian railway.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I remain at Atomikkrab @ gmail.com

Sullat and in addition anyone who is considering taking the russian line please contact me.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 1, 2016

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
SAsullat at Gmail dot com is my email. I recall several years ago, before... the incident, hosting a delegation from Imperial Japan. I have much respect for your nation and it's accomplishments. I would be more than happy to meet with you again, although I am no longer working for the Kaiser in any official capacity.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Amitabha, Almsgivers must surely understand that Palyu Temple and its ancient secrets belong to our Order, as heirs to the buddhist tradition. All willing to respect this will earn the friendship of our humble scholarly order.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Since my guys are Russian mercenaries (with a bit of mad scientist added to the mix), would it be possible for their first contract to be guarding the armored train to Fort Mishkin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I don't think the train's going to Fort Mishkin, the line ends some way short of it.

• Locked thread