Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i'm the half bird half horse thing that sneaks in at night and drinks all the grenadine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Man, who is this douche tellin me how to run this joint? Get that camera outta my face

*wait staff does some CRAZY poo poo caught in CCTV*

Oh WTF sorry I douted your bar rescue skills

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

how do you gyrate a fist

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Was that the shithole with bugs everywhere, including in the booze, that they turned into a steampunk bar? Because i'd take your experience over a steampunk themed bar any day.

The fact that they "rescued" a bar and made it steampunk just made the episode with the pirate bar 1000% funnier. Like I get that maybe it wasn't a great theme for a non-beach area but I swear the host acted like he'd been molested by a Renaissance Faire in childhood.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.
*gets yelled at by a guy whose claim to fame is the butt funnel*

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
"When was the last time you cleaned these lines? DISGUSTINGGGGG"

I haven't watched a second of it, but I'm assuming its like Kitchen Nightmares but in a bar.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

shut up netface posted:

"When was the last time you cleaned these lines? DISGUSTINGGGGG"

I haven't watched a second of it, but I'm assuming its like Kitchen Nightmares but in a bar.

pretty much, but the yelling guy doesn't have any actual skill at anything

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i'm the half bird half horse thing that sneaks in at night and drinks all the grenadine

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm the owners family who he hired because we're very close and he trusts us more than anyone else

I'm going to steal everything that's not nailed down

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
"WHERE IS ALL MY MONEY GOGIN!?!" *does a bunch of blow because the bar industry is a terrible business practice that only supports the worse dregs of society which you are completely welcome to partcipate and even facilitate it but dont expect to be rich if you are easily influenced and ruined by the immoral pleasures of life and have an addictive personality and not willing to exploit these weaknesses in other people instead*

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm the owners 65 year old aunt that got hired to be the bouncer, I'm only awake for about 2 hours of my shift

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm the guy who punches Taffer right in his pudgy face. Not because I'm mad though, I just wanted to see if there's even bones in there.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm the alcoholic that was keeping this place open but now I have to find a new bar because the place is now well lit, has a jukebox that plays bro country, and the bartender that I tipped $10 to over pour was fired.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
is bar rescue anything like Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares? how sweary is the bar rescue guy?

what i'm saying is I Like Kitchen Nightmares.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm the former "party bar" that taffer added a bunch of flat screen tvs and videogame consoles to because letting a bunch of drunk rowdy strangers near expensive electronic equipment will get me out of my $250,000 debt

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im always suggesting to turn the bar into a gay bar.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm the one of the customers who comes in before the bar is relaunched. I'm pissed I can't use the vouchers the producers gave me because the bar is over max capacity.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
im the waitress who's turning tricks out by the dumpster

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
IF I CAN'T DRESS AND TALK LIKE A PIRATE THEN I QUIT!

*throws eyepatch on ground and storms out*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm the spinning 3d bar logo on the tvs that have been installed all over thr bar because branding is the most important thing

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im the drink mixing consultant that has 6 hours to teach the unmotivated bartenders making minimum wage how to juggle and do tricks and poo poo while they make drinks

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I'm the food consultant who thinks changing the menu from hamburgers and chicken wings to sliders and boneless chicken wings prepared by the same minimum wage busboys and the same owner who buys the cheapest food legally possible is going to completely change this bar's fortunes.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
So, I live around the corner from (what used to be) Piratz Tavern, aka the highest-rated episode of this goddamn show.

I went a few times before ol' boy showed up to cut the place to pieces, even went for dinner. I liked it, even if it was full of Renn Faire nerds in costume, both as servers and customers. They did have an actual one eyed dude serving tables, that was fun.

I wasn't even aware that they had done this whole bullshit but one day I walked past it with a buddy and it was CORPORATE Bar and Grill. I guess Taffler did it because there's a bunch of corporate headquarters and generally a bunch of lovely office blocks in the neighborhood. They had even tried to set up some kind of drinks robot? That they didn't get the correct permits for? Also it was full of those stupid motivational posters. We went in for lunch, the food was basically the same, just less "pirate-y". It was empty for a lunch service. Both he and I agreed that no one drinks in this neighborhood, as it's within walking distance of public transit, and if I'm gonna get drunk, I'd rather go downtown and drink at a real bar. And not one that looks like the office I just left.

A few weeks after that, they had reverted to Piratz Tavern ( I guess this was mentioned on the show? I dunno, I don't watch it) and they posted this on the 'Tubes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPkbJohdyo

A few weeks later they lost their lease and closed. When the Indian restaurant over top of the local punk rock dive bar caught fire due to "having like, 10 mufuckas living above a restaurant", and the bar had to close due to water damage, the dive bar took over the space. This was like, literally days after Piratz closed. Now, it's "Quarry House Temporary" although we're all pretty sure the dive bar won't go back to where they were due to egress laws, as they were grandfathered in, and there was only one way in and out of the place, so to renovate, their permits would get pulled and they'd have to put in a new entrance. Which they can't.

That's my Bar Rescue story.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Gentleman Blogger posted:

So, I live around the corner from (what used to be) Piratz Tavern, aka the highest-rated episode of this goddamn show.

I went a few times before ol' boy showed up to cut the place to pieces, even went for dinner. I liked it, even if it was full of Renn Faire nerds in costume, both as servers and customers. They did have an actual one eyed dude serving tables, that was fun.

I wasn't even aware that they had done this whole bullshit but one day I walked past it with a buddy and it was CORPORATE Bar and Grill. I guess Taffler did it because there's a bunch of corporate headquarters and generally a bunch of lovely office blocks in the neighborhood. They had even tried to set up some kind of drinks robot? That they didn't get the correct permits for? Also it was full of those stupid motivational posters. We went in for lunch, the food was basically the same, just less "pirate-y". It was empty for a lunch service. Both he and I agreed that no one drinks in this neighborhood, as it's within walking distance of public transit, and if I'm gonna get drunk, I'd rather go downtown and drink at a real bar. And not one that looks like the office I just left.

A few weeks after that, they had reverted to Piratz Tavern ( I guess this was mentioned on the show? I dunno, I don't watch it) and they posted this on the 'Tubes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPkbJohdyo

A few weeks later they lost their lease and closed. When the Indian restaurant over top of the local punk rock dive bar caught fire due to "having like, 10 mufuckas living above a restaurant", and the bar had to close due to water damage, the dive bar took over the space. This was like, literally days after Piratz closed. Now, it's "Quarry House Temporary" although we're all pretty sure the dive bar won't go back to where they were due to egress laws, as they were grandfathered in, and there was only one way in and out of the place, so to renovate, their permits would get pulled and they'd have to put in a new entrance. Which they can't.

That's my Bar Rescue story.

i usaully dont read long posts like this but i did, and i was quickly reminded why i never used to. thanks

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCU3K6l95Xw but in a bar, I guess

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I'm Jon Taffer's wife going into the bar wearing a slutty outfit and sitting at the bar alone, acting like a flirt, so that Jon Taffer can run in raging angry about the inappropriate work environment when the bar owner inevitably makes a lewd comment towards me.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've eaten at Piratez Tavern. They brought me the wrong food, but I didn't notice and ate it anyway, it was alright.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I've eaten at Piratez Tavern. They brought me the wrong food, but I didn't notice and ate it anyway, it was alright.

lol slow down fatty look at your food before you eat it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hth posted:

i've always wanted to call jon taffer a loving nutter to his weird face, I envy that you had the opportunity Nooner

ur mom taffed my jon till i loving nuttered on her weird face

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I was very hungry and I had had a glass of grog

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
am i the hottie with the body or the cutie with the bootie? :wink:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Chinatown posted:

the best bars are the ones where u can find cocaine

hth

Men's room, after Biker Dan uses it there's usually a leftover bump on the toilet paper dispenser.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Smash it Smash hit posted:

am i the hottie with the body or the cutie with the bootie? :wink:

ur jon taffer smoking fat d in the mens room while they making ur virgin daiquiri

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
Eh, nothing I've seen of Bar Rescue (practically nothing) convinces me that it can match the craziness that is amys baking company on kitchen nightmares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPOGxUtZvk

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Tiff Taffin' Taffer...

:colbert:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i just google reverse image searched jon taffer this guy lookin like mickey rourke hosed a turt

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Jastiger posted:

I'm the 21 year old server who is expected to take this job as serious as a vice president position at a fortune 100 company, but gets paid $3 while listening to the owner bitch about coming up short half a million.

I've only seen this once when I happened to catch the show and the girl was basically like. "I'm 19, I don't get paid poo poo here, I'm not hanging around so some weirdo from vegas can yell at me. deuces." I watched a few other episodes to try and catch a similar moment but that was it.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

he look like someone took a ton of loose skin and threw it over a big bolwing pin

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm the outrageously high power bill you can no longer afford after the "rescue".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm the product placement Jagermeister tap machine that does into to every bar no matter the theme.

• Locked thread