Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

if people are mad then you are doing something right (or wrong who knows)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Ranma Fan Art posted:

i agree and in fact just said that

noice

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i believe the argument from contingency is solvent, but the ontological argument is suspect

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Ranma Fan Art posted:

what kind of snacks I'm. Lactose intolerant

i'm lactose intolerant too bro. drat we got so much in common. does your penis bend to the right a little?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the only rationally coherent atheism is pythagoreanism imho

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

i'm lactose intolerant too bro. drat we got so much in common. does your penis bend to the right a little?

stage right? woah

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Commie NedFlanders posted:

The words you are looking for are unaware and gullible

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Cnut the Great posted:

sure

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Any atheist who hasn't read zizek is a weak beta bitch

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

There was an interesting post about decolonizkng science and some crazy magic stuff and other kinds of weird marios

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
this thread is magically lovely

things took a weird turn somewhere like that dudes dick earlier

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I wish you would get gassed irl op

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

now i dont wish violence on any one but if someone farted right in ops face an he got pink eye well I might be alright with that

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Ranma Fan Art posted:

now i dont wish violence on any one but if someone farted right in ops face an he got pink eye well I might be alright with that

that woudl be sweet

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Any atheist who hasn't read zizek is a weak beta bitch

LOL okay buddy

*pats you on head*

*scratches you under chin*

*rubs your little tummy*

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
lol god isn't real, come on. They've sent people past the firmament and there's no heaven its just a bunch of emptiness.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ranma Fan Art posted:

im a atheist wanna fight about it huh

See I believe god exists but that we should kill him. :colbert:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
im so loving sick of science. we got most of the good stuff like medicine and whatever now we're just heading into destroy ourselves with our own arrogance territory

can we switch to magic soon this society is so loving boring :(

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

See I believe god exists but that we should kill him. :colbert:

this dudes for real hard as nails

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So how long does it usually take for CNF to start talking about how awesome Hitler is? I wanna know when I should check back in on this thread.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I met a guy a few days ago, and he asked if I was Christian. I said yes, which prompted him to enter into a tirade about how we have authority over angels and demons and we call upon both to do our bidding, he believed in crystal healing & the way he talked about sex I think he legit believed in J/O crystals.

He was a solid guy, but spiritually baffling.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Who What Now posted:

So how long does it usually take for CNF to start talking about how awesome Hitler is? I wanna know when I should check back in on this thread.

You know what the worst thing about Hitler was? He wasn't even a good villain. He was a dorky little twerp with a stupid-looking mustache. Battle against the forces of evil for the fate of the world and you can't even take the antagonist seriously. That's how I know there's no God. If there really was some all-powerful being up there writing this story, we wouldn't end up with weak poo poo like this.

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe

Mr. Unlucky posted:

im so loving sick of science. we got most of the good stuff like medicine and whatever now we're just heading into destroy ourselves with our own arrogance territory

can we switch to magic soon this society is so loving boring :(

Dude it's already happening. The seals of revelation are breaking open. Those are really a reference to the chakras. Magic is coming back into the world with a quickness. You need to open your third eye (aka pineal gland).

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Actually magic is super cool and fun especially if you're a christian because then you actually believe in it. That's why Faust was 95% cool sorcery and partying with the devil and 5% getting redeemed and going to heaven where things are boring.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Anyone who likes Zizek is usually an unfunny person who is so torqued out on bullshit they can't enjoy life outside of dragging everyone else down with them. Great litmus test.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like zizek but also life is cool and i have a lot of fun what now tho

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Cnut the Great posted:

You know what the worst thing about Hitler was? He wasn't even a good villain. He was a dorky little twerp with a stupid-looking mustache. Battle against the forces of evil for the fate of the world and you can't even take the antagonist seriously. That's how I know there's no God. If there really was some all-powerful being up there writing this story, we wouldn't end up with weak poo poo like this.

God was in his postmodern phase back then. We're post-post-modern now which is why things are getting weird.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the worst thing about hitler is that he wasn't more likable

lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
The worst thing about Hitler was his lovely mustache and haircut

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Devourer of the western world and that was the best he could do

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe

Strep Vote posted:

God was in his postmodern phase back then. We're post-post-modern now which is why things are getting weird.

End times homie, end times.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
If believed in god and overcame my fear of catching fire on the steps of the church because of my new belief in god I'd want Commie Flanders to be my pastor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i regret cursing the op with profound mental retardation. in my defense, it was very funny at the time.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

i like zizek but also life is cool and i have a lot of fun what now tho

I like Zizek as a performance artist, but not as a philosopher.

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
All natural phenomena are complex emergent behaviors produced by interactions between the fundamental forces of the universe. We don't know for sure if these forces are inherently random or deterministic, but that's okay! Are these forces directed by an intelligence? Are they there just because they are there? Are the forces themselves the manifestation of god? Is the answer something else entirely that nobody has ever thought of or is beyond human comprehension? (Probably that last one) Once you admit that ignorance of the deepest workings of existence is the natural state of humankind, it follows that all theologies are inventions of the human imagination. Spirituality (in the personal, not supernatural sense) can and should exist without theology, but having a subjective spirituality that works for you doesn't mean you have the one and only capital-g God.

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
Personally I experience god through posting in GBS.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

sillyloquy posted:

All natural phenomena are complex emergent behaviors produced by interactions between the fundamental forces of the universe. We don't know for sure if these forces are inherently random or deterministic, but that's okay! Are these forces directed by an intelligence? Are they there just because they are there? Are the forces themselves the manifestation of god? Is the answer something else entirely that nobody has ever thought of or is beyond human comprehension? (Probably that last one) Once you admit that ignorance of the deepest workings of existence is the natural state of humankind, it follows that all theologies are inventions of the human imagination. Spirituality (in the personal, not supernatural sense) can and should exist without theology, but having a subjective spirituality that works for you doesn't mean you have the one and only capital-g God.

It is actually very arrogant of you to think this. As a fellow puny mortal I can humbly confirm my god is right

its GBS

what did you think the G stood for?

naem
May 29, 2011

GREETINGS FELLOW FLESH HU-MANS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

didn't you read about the other schools of magic besides Hogwarts? it's a good time to invest in MAGIC

• Locked thread