Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
*Busy browsing the internet but telling everyone they're texting other people involved in the project. At the zero hour, blames the problems on lack of focus and communication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Burt Sexual, Blackbelt PMP, ISSC, ITIL

sorry we're looking for a six smegma

we can get you to a boot camp if you pass these tough interview questions.

a/s/l?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Squiggle posted:

I have never met a project manager worth a poo poo. And gently caress ITIL and gently caress you Burt

Consider this your first and only verbal warning. *calls HR*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Squiggle posted:

I have never met a project manager worth a poo poo. And gently caress ITIL and gently caress you Burt

sounds like someone just had a dust-up!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Guys, what are the blockers for this project.

Guys, let's have a standup meeting every morning despite nothing happening.

Guys, just do your stuff, I will continue to keep an eye on things and send out more calendar invites.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm currently working on a project that involves about 20 people and 5 of them are PMs.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
*gets intern to edit powerpoint over a projector while I dictate instructions to her via laser pointer*

based on a true story

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

*gets intern to edit powerpoint over a projector while I dictate instructions to her via laser pointer*

based on a true story

was the pm intern smoking hot?

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

We need a meeting to schedule a conference to discuss our meetings, and for the love of God more spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations to illustrate the drop in productivity since the start of the meetings.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I got to a point where every project manager in the company was assigning me to every little dumb piece of poo poo project they received. Now, I like to tell project managers to shut their trap by never responding to them or their stupid meeting invites. Also I don't answer my phone.

Now they just put some random turd on every project and the turds escalate problems to me when necessary, as God intended.

Also. Does anyone know why these morons get paid so much to poo poo everything up and generally not do anything but take credit?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hth posted:

was the pm intern smoking hot?

this story makes a lot more sense now

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Sounds like people here should become Project Managers, since it's very easy and people here are very smart.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

people here should become Project Managers...people here are very smart.

i found a small pain-point in your suggested plan of action. Can we regroup sometime after lunch to discuss it? Are you free for two hours at 4 PM?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My excuse at work is I need a project manager to implement projects. I can't get anything done without one. When they do give me one I'll be like, "well we didn't get a good one" and have more excuses. A good cycle of blame going on IMO

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

hth posted:

i found a small pain-point in your suggested plan of action. Can we regroup sometime after lunch to discuss it? Are you free for two hours at 4 PM?

We can talk over e-mail or group-chat here. I like to have documentation for issues/actions that are coming out of discussions.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i went to college to learn project management cause people convinced me that was a thing i should do in 2008 and it was like 3 months after i graduated before i realized i'd hosed my whole life lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

i went to college to learn project management cause people convinced me that was a thing i should do in 2008 and it was like 3 months after i graduated before i realized i'd hosed my whole life lol

what do you say you do for money

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

hth posted:

what do you say you do for money

mostly suck dick in bathrooms but i'm really good at making gant charts to minmax cock-mouth time

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
*spends two days making a Gantt chart

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kuato posted:

My excuse at work is I need a project manager to implement projects. I can't get anything done without one. When they do give me one I'll be like, "well we didn't get a good one" and have more excuses. A good cycle of blame going on IMO

Right! And I insist on one to take all the poo poo administrivia that is required by the govt/my company. You people are doing IT wrong.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Gang I'm going to be out at noon today and working from home the remainder of the week.

*doesn't use any time off and still gets paid, does 0 work, plays lots of games, eats lots of cheetos*

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I'm glad for project managers because if I had to be in charge of that spreadsheet I would chill myself.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Jira sounds great

Let's implement it asap

better than that loving dumpster fire VSTS

but I don't really want to make any decisions without the stakeholders present

*cannot book meeting where all 30 stakeholders are free at the same time until 6 months from now*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

mostly suck dick in bathrooms but i'm really good at making gant charts to minmax cock-mouth time

imagine a giant boardroom full of bored-looking programmers screwing around on their phones while a gigantic line graph that says "cock-mouth time" projects on a screen as managers nod sagely

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

hth posted:

imagine a giant boardroom full of bored-looking programmers screwing around on their phones while a gigantic line graph that says "cock-mouth time" projects on a screen as managers nod sagely

Imagine looking at programmers without feeling nausea.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
*schedules meeting with myself from now until 2028 so my calendar looks like I'm in super important meetings all the time*

Kinson
Nov 25, 2007

Working hard for the money.

hth posted:

Is there a laser pointer and a hot intern?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

CharlestonJew posted:

*schedules meeting with myself from now until 2028 so my calendar looks like I'm in super important meetings all the time*

pro strat

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

*Converts nebulous, delusional goals into specific requirements*
*Has requirements rejected by upper management for not being delusional enough*
*Finally negotiates something approaching reason with upper management*
*Watches as poorly motivated, underpaid, and barely competent programmers gently caress up implementation left and right*
*Repeat every two week sprint while company workforce rapidly dwindles away as programmers trade in their experience for much better paying work*
*Gets fired because "things aren't moving fast enough"*

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
*Constantly emails, skypes, txts, Lyncs, pages, calls, tweets, and posts on your Facebook page for status updates on sunday, after doing it on saturday*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
do you all work with programming or something what the heck

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

CharlestonJew posted:

This is a good one. Will start using this FYI

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Imagine looking at programmers without feeling nausea.

i simply can't

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Zzulu posted:

The PM's I deal with are construction or community project types.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

WHERE THE gently caress ARE THE SPREADSHEETS I ASKED FOR?!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lean and six sigma and anything associated with that are a scourge upon the earth

*implementation of actionable turnkey solutions*

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

Zzulu posted:

I'm at a nonprofit, so thankfully the closest I ever come to dealing with computer people is when I yell for the one bearded guy to come fix my laptop by hitting the wifi button.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think we need to take this discussion off line

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I feel like you're really not living up to your potential as a software engineer.

I've talked with the higher-ups and they think we can get your project back on track if you come in the next few Saturdays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

I think we need to take this discussion off line

translated: you son of a bitch I will loving stab you right in your greasy neckbeard.

• Locked thread