Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

He didn't even believe the cops when they told him he killed nine people. He was like "There were five people in there, tops!" loving hosed up. He better hope he doesn't get life in jail, he'll get passed around like a pack of smokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Hanging has to be the best method of execution, this big Pharma lethal injection poo poo has to go

um big pharma no longer allows the good killing drugs to be sold to states which want to use them for executions. like, pharmaceutical companies, some of the shittiest companies to ever exist, think this is a bad idea and won't take the $$$. makes u think

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Death by being thrown out of a helicopter needs to make a comeback.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
even three majority of the victims' families don't want this guy to be executed. but nope, prosecutor has to get his death count up

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Hardawn posted:

We'd get some much needed rain too!

also we're just not as sure if there aren't any gods to sacrifice to. I feel like this is what was intended when Pascal's Wager became a mainstream rationale for religion in the modern era.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

TwoStepBoog posted:

Death by being thrown out of a helicopter needs to make a comeback.

I'd say that they should just throw them off the roof of a 100 storey building, but in case there is last minute pardon while the dude is falling to his death I propose throwing him 100 times of a 1 storey building instead.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

RobattoJesus posted:

I'd say that they should just throw them off the roof of a 100 storey building, but in case there is last minute pardon while the dude is falling to his death I propose throwing him 100 times of a 1 storey building instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEacGiMO3K0

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
What kind of sentences is he facing?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Man, Chris Morris is always stealing my jokes.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Is it more expensive to put somebody through the legal process of death row or to imprison them for life?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Amarcarts posted:

Is it more expensive to put somebody through the legal process of death row or to imprison them for life?

cheaper to release this dude into Gen pop

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Amarcarts posted:

Technically death row is more expensive but it's because of all the automatic appeals. The costs are from the lawyers and court costs. Not from the prison itself.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Technically death row is more expensive but it's because of all the automatic appeals. The costs are from the lawyers and court costs. Not from the prison itself.

Solution: execute all the lawyers

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hardawn posted:

My grandpa saw the last public hanging in Texas which wiki tells me happened in 1923

Did u ask why he went?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

RobattoJesus posted:

Solution: execute all the lawyers

bury the convicts with their lawyers. kill two birds with one stone.

cleanse the system, start over.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Amarcarts posted:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/20/local/la-me-adv-death-penalty-costs-20110620

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Nooner posted:

his mom had a heart attack in court today lol

horry poo poo. pissssss.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

unpleasantly turgid posted:

bury the convicts with their lawyers. kill two birds with one stone.

cleanse the system, start over.

Make the convict and the lawyer in a fight to the death in the courtroom. If the convict kills the lawyer then it's proof that he is a murderer and you can execute him. If he dies then the lawyer is obviously the murderer and you can kill him instead. It's airtight.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Will his mother be added to the death count?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Burt Sexual posted:

Did u ask why he went?

nah, he would've been a kid then. My dad did tell me he had to hang onto a door frame to see it, and looking up the specifics of the last public hanging it was a racial thing to help appease a lynch mob seeking justice.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Roof make White Bear look like a great idea. I bet we could get trump and sessions to sign off on it.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
Should be really be executing retards though?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

folandi posted:

should be executing folandi retard

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

folandi posted:

Do you think evil ends where higher mental capacity begins? I say kill anyone who kills people.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

We don't need no water
Let the motherfucker burn
Burn, motherfucker......... burn

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
this guy seems like a real jerk

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Shooting up a black church seems pretty retarded to me

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

the judge is gonna buy him burger king to settle him down

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

BeefThief posted:

the judge is gonna buy him burger king to settle him down

*ahem* uhh Burger King is the black people burger joint, he would be wise to buy him McDonald's supremacy.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

glowstick party tonight posted:

*ahem* uhh Burger King is the black people burger joint, he would be wise to buy him McDonald's supremacy.

Chick fil a is the whitest fast food of all.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

glowstick party tonight posted:

I take it you've never been to a McDonalds in the ghetto.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
The problem with lethal injection is that the goddamn retarded prison authorities that actually decides how to do this wants the condemned to suffer. A little. Well, more than a little, but not enough to trigger the 'cruel and unusual' part of the Constitution. But nobody actually says this.

The could easily use an OD of any number of IV opiates, fentanyl, diamorphine, Dialuid, pretty much all of them. They could use pentobarbital(which is used to put animals to sleep) or any other injectable barbiturate. But this is viewed as 'too easy on the horrible monster criminal', even though they'll never quite say that. You could use a dose so high that the inmate would be dead before they pulled the IV out of his arm. But that's too easy.

So they use a 'cocktail' of meds that are designed to paralyze the condemned, induce unconsciousness, then stop their heart. But somehow, mysteriously, they always seem to gently caress up the 'unconsciousness' and 'paralysis' part of it and the dude thrashes around for awhile and a flurry of lawsuits result.

Thankfully, some states -are- switching to pentobarbital, hopefully they keep the dose high enough that the prisoner just dies, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

imagine getting sent to prison, 20 years hard labor breaking moon rocks

that would suck XD

You could swing a big rear end sledge hammy in that low g

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JnnyThndrs posted:

The problem with lethal injection is that the goddamn retarded prison authorities that actually decides how to do this wants the condemned to suffer. A little. Well, more than a little, but not enough to trigger the 'cruel and unusual' part of the Constitution. But nobody actually says this.

The could easily use an OD of any number of IV opiates, fentanyl, diamorphine, Dialuid, pretty much all of them. They could use pentobarbital(which is used to put animals to sleep) or any other injectable barbiturate. But this is viewed as 'too easy on the horrible monster criminal', even though they'll never quite say that. You could use a dose so high that the inmate would be dead before they pulled the IV out of his arm. But that's too easy.

So they use a 'cocktail' of meds that are designed to paralyze the condemned, induce unconsciousness, then stop their heart. But somehow, mysteriously, they always seem to gently caress up the 'unconsciousness' and 'paralysis' part of it and the dude thrashes around for awhile and a flurry of lawsuits result.

Thankfully, some states -are- switching to pentobarbital, hopefully they keep the dose high enough that the prisoner just dies, but I'm not holding my breath.

They just executed a guy today and it took like, 13 minutes of him gasping and coughing. The supremely hosed up part about his case was that the jury came back with a sentence of life without but the judge overrode them and sentenced him to die.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the mans last meal was fried chicken and french fries

what kind of weak rear end poo poo is that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the death penalty is barbaric and dumb

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Hes gonna walk walk of this a free man then successfully sue the government and the church he shot up

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Hes gonna walk walk of this a free man then successfully sue the government and the church he shot up

One Weird Trick Black Bible Study Groups And The Government Don't Want You To Know!

God I wish he were a SovCit

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

He originally wanted to act as his own lawyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

haljordan posted:

He originally wanted to act as his own lawyer

Its what the smart nutcases are doing this season

• Locked thread