Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i am in the FBI ask me anything

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Imo they did try to kill the sheriff by feeding him a shitload of pills and booze, he'd just built up such a tolerance already.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Because then they'd have to kill a 3rd kid to cover up the disappearance of the 2nd kid, and then a 4th to cover up for the 3rd, and then they'd just run out of kids after a while and everyone would start to get suspicious after every kid in America is missing

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

CharlestonJew posted:

Because then they'd have to kill a 3rd kid to cover up the disappearance of the 2nd kid, and then a 4th to cover up for the 3rd, and then they'd just run out of kids after a while and everyone would start to get suspicious after every kid in America is missing

I think if you label them 1, 2, and four they'll Spend forever on the 3rd

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

CharlestonJew posted:

nah, you just get a street urchin, they were everywhere in those days.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
They would have killed the sheriff without hesitation and the CGI was poo poo. But it was okay otherwise.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Maybe they thought the sheriff could help them find the girl.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Stuff in town was already drawing attention they didn't want. More bodies would have been more attention, the opposite of their goal.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Hardawn posted:

real eyes
realize
real lies

gently caress yeah machine head

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Oh hey I just did my rewatch and yeah they definitely tried to kill the chief or make him think he'd just been dreaming it from a drunken stoned out stupor because there's a poo poo load of open pills and booze around him when he wakes up. They just didn't anticipate what a sad sack of pill popping, wake up brushing teeth with beer loser he was because he didn't even loving stop and think about if he'd imagined it, just went straight psycho mode looking for a bug.

Love Crime fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 13, 2017

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vastarien posted:

I'm still amazed that I watched the whole drat thing without realizing that the evil scientist guy was Joker from Full Metal Jacket. Like, what the hell?

Also, happy birthday Natalia Dyer (Nancy/that maybe anorexic chick).

She's completely anorexic, but it probably helped her get the part of a 15 (?) Year old

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

She is a perfectly normal size only fatties call her anorexic

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
They shouldn't make a second season. Just leave well enough alone

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Agreed second season will be bad

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Just leaving this here, make your own diagnosis

Only registered members can see post attachments!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Some girls (and guys) are just bony. Unfortunately it usually translates to being completely haggard by about 35, but it certainly doesn't translate to an eating disorder.

Besides, if she was actually anorexic no way could she have pulled off her action scenes of looking around bewildered and crying

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

She is a beautiful, thin woman

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

She is a beautiful, thin woman

Excuse me sir I'm triggered by your emphasis of her thinness, how about just saying she is a beautiful woman, that way you don't make others feel bad because they're not thin

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
A kid disappearing in small town America was already drawing attention to things, especially when it's right next to your evil lab that conspiracy theorists are kinda wary of already. If the sheriff turned up dead at the same time it would have drawn too much attention. Plus he's a known booze and drug hound already. I guess you kinda have a point about them not trucking in some rando orphan though.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AARO posted:

I realize this thread is about 8 months tardy. But there are a few stupid things about how the Feds act in the show.

The feds plant a fake cotton stuffed body in the water and say that is the missing kid. In reality they would have just killed a real kid that looked like the boy and put his body in the water.

Also the cop breaks into the Department of Energy and sees everything like the portal and evidence that they were holding kids there. Yet all they do is just knock him out and put him back in his house with a bug. He'd be dead too irl. They already suicided the loving burger diner guy. Of course they would kill the cop and some random kid to cover their story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ugebzq3juE

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Maybe they thought the sheriff could help them find the girl.

Yah this

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender
Winona Ryder is pretty but they made her look like a wet dog for the entire show.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
anyone who thinks about this show outside of the day they spent binge-watching it, is a total loving creep

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

AEMINAL posted:

anyone who thinks about this show outside of the day they spent binge-watching it, is a total loving creep

if you don't think about the sadness that was barbara at least every third moon then i just am lost as to what to say

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

why's she got a cardassian neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Vim Fuego posted:

She looks like she's having a bad time