Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Some movie had me close the other day. Can't remember it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
I cry everytim

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I used to allmoooost cry at the end of inception. Like really close

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Wait actually it was a funeral.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i caleld my mom (I just drove 1300 miles from their house to my house and they wanted me to call to "check in" lol) and she was somewhat in a near panic explaining very quickly that my dad was in an ambulance and that she'd call me back and no she has no idea whats wrong other than he just wasnt breathing and hung up cause she was rushing to the hospital herself. In that period of unknowing i happened to be at a walmart next to my houes cause i needed something before i got home and i was kind of wandering around in a stupor thinking my dad was dead so I started getting "allergies" in my eyes if you know what i mean. i cant remember the time before that though

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

1gnoirents posted:

i caleld my mom (I just drove 1300 miles from their house to my house and they wanted me to call to "check in" lol) and she was somewhat in a near panic explaining very quickly that my dad was in an ambulance and that she'd call me back and no she has no idea whats wrong other than he just wasnt breathing and hung up cause she was rushing to the hospital herself. In that period of unknowing i happened to be at a walmart next to my houes cause i needed something before i got home and i was kind of wandering around in a stupor thinking my dad was dead so I started getting "allergies" in my eyes if you know what i mean. i cant remember the time before that though

so did he die or what

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

1gnoirents posted:

Hope your dad will be OK man

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

RideTheSpiral posted:

so did he die or what

no he lived

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Voldemort foiled again

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

1gnoirents posted:

no he lived

goongratulations

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

thanks guys jeez *choking back tears*

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Last time I cried was when I was slicing an ingrown toenail out of my foot.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Last time I cried was when I was slicing an ingrown toenail out of my foot.

Do you ever get that feeling in your upper thigh when you do painful stuff to your toes

Im a fellow occasional ingrown toenail haver.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ive not full blown cried for ages but i get really sniffly and almost tearful at movies and songs

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010
Everytime I watch 'a beautiful mind' op, every time.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
every time i cum

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I got the sadbrains hella loving bad, so probably more than I should.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
once every two years if you dont count pixar movies

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
When I was actually addicted to marijuana, flunking a few classes in school and couldn't get out of plat in league of legends because I really wanted to be a diamond LoL streamer

It was like 5 AM and I was so loving tired. I had just failed my promos to diamond for like the 9th time in the last 24 hours and youtube's autoplay ran this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDm7cyPvHyI

I cried my loving eyes out

Otherwise I'm a man. OP want to compare chest hair?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I cry more often than my son, a literal child.

baby picture
Aug 7, 2004

I wish I could press a button and a rope would instantly tie around my ankle and I would be hung out of the highest window of the highest skyscraper in the world

hemale in pain posted:

ive not full blown cried for ages but i get really sniffly and almost tearful at movies and songs

Same here, sometimes the lamest poo poo makes me tear up, like those videos where veterans come home to their dogs, and they lose their little doggy minds.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

unpleasantly turgid posted:

When I was actually addicted to marijuana

lmao, what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Who What Now posted:

you can get mentally addicted to anything and dude was trying to become a pro LoL player so I think it's safe to say he's at high risk there

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Last time I cried was a couple years ago when my engagement fell through because military life made things too difficult and she broke it off. Other than that if I'm deliriously tired or stressed really emotionally intense music will make me kind of tear up for a second once in awhile.

Also while I don't believe you can get properly addicted to weed, its not difficult for some people to get in the mentality that nothing can be fun or enjoyable if you're not high which creates feelings of dependence. Happened to me once I was free to smoke again, if I ran out and couldn't get more right away I would just get frustrated and sulky and not feel like doing anything. Then I realized it was turning into an expensive cycle and broke away from it

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I will sometimes cry in response to real bad physical pain. Migraines will do it.

Other then that, the only thing that seems to get me to cry when I see 'Sunrise, Sunset' in the fiddler on the roof movie. My best friend is the son of Russian Jewish immigrants. Our families were - are - very close. His dad was a salesman, but in the old country he had taught music. He helped teach me how to bike and swim. One day when I was in college, my friend's dad called me up out of the blue. He just wanted me to to promise to take care of my friend.

He was dying of pancreatic cancer, and he was dead within a month. I can't see Tevye without thinking of him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not very often any more. Last gross sobbing was over a year ago.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I carry an onion in my pocket to facilitate crying, when and only when, necessary.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Unironically lmbo if you feel anything but derision and amusement at the world and its people.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Who What Now posted:

I needed it to function, otherwise I would lie in bed all day and think about killing myself

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you can get mentally addicted to anything and dude was trying to become a pro LoL player so I think it's safe to say he's at high risk there

honestly a fair assessment. i stopped playing LoL and now I play Overwatch. I met a cool friend or two on here so it's already markedly better than the game I've been pbanned from twice

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
Got pretty choked up when my dad died in 2000, but didn't actually shed a tear. He had a good, quick, clean death from a heart attack - dead before he hit the ground. My sister weeped and wailed and nearly had to leave the funeral.
Can't remember the last time I actually cried.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread is naking me cry

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
Due to putting cigarettes out on my tear ducts I can no longer cry

Broken Bio Qlock
Mar 8, 2009
Nap Ghost
I cry myself to sleep every night, OP.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I just cried thinking that people actually want to play league of legends

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I have not yet chosen an emotion to carry into battle

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

I like regret

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

The Protagonist posted:

is incontinence an emotion?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Iron Prince posted:

yeah, sometimes when I drink too much

P much this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Only when a boy I like is mean to me.

• Locked thread