Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

since crying can run the gamut from "getting a little choked up" to "bawling uncontrollably," let's just say to qualify for a cry, it is anytime having emotions gives you tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I really don't remember the last time I cried. Maybe when my dad died in 2007.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
in my av op

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjrGcoY2LRo

Fast forward to around the 6:00 mark and that's me 2-3 times a day. Feels good man.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

ProfessorMurder posted:

I really don't remember the last time I cried.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I tear up a lot. For instance, any time I see one of those Shriners Hospitals for Children ads on TV. I'm a huge pussy.

as far as actually sobbing or whatever, not since I was a child, as far as i remember

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

A few days ago. I seem to cry from frustration only, like in an argument when someone isn't understanding me. I never cried over my mom's sudden death in 2014.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sometimes when my random depression spells hit i end up crying for no particular reason

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol if you're not cryin 24/7 like me

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
yeah, sometimes when I drink too much

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I had a root canal a few years ago where they also had to cut my gums open to drain pus and when I got home, even with all the T3s with codeine I took, the pain was so intense I cried like a 6 year old who fell off a bike

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Anytime I get a 6 hour probation

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

timefly posted:

A few days ago. I seem to cry from frustration only, like in an argument when someone isn't understanding me. I never cried over my mom's sudden death in 2014.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Junk posted:

I had a root canal a few years ago where they also had to cut my gums open to drain pus and when I got home, even with all the T3s with codeine I took, the pain was so intense I cried like a 6 year old who fell off a bike

the only time in my life I ever saw my dad cry was when he had a kidney stone and he was slumped on the floor leaning against the wall clutching his back, before he let us take him to the ER. I've been terrified of kidney stones ever since

(this was when I was 9, it was like watching Jesus get crucified as far as I was concerned)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

various cheeses posted:

Anytime I get a 6 hour probation

lmbo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I went to the Fiery Foods show today and involuntarily cried a couple times, does that count

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Idk about crying. Shame, anger, mortal terror, on the daily though

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Eh not often but not never.

It's ok to cry though goons. Don't feel ashamed bc all these internet tough guys won't say it.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I don't know if it counts but my right eye has been leaking for a few weeks now and I am going to see a doctor about it soon

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Sometimes my eyes get watery when I drive home & remember how much people love me :cool:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

pretty accurate reference and good post here folks

i understand this experience as well, i was recently a pallbearer at a family member's funeral and did not feel any urge to cry, i don't know if it was because of just how sick they were and that i accepted there was no better outcome available, even in the opinion and often repeated words of said deceased person

but FEEL FREE TO CALL ME FAGGY- i must cry about once a week when listening to grieg or verdi alone at four in the morning

i kept my dog's tag off his collar and that one can pretty much alter my consciousness just by looking at it

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm gonna say I average on once a week if not more

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I know now how often you cry

but it is something I can never do

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I don't cry, I just get mad and go into rages.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

extra stout posted:

pretty accurate reference and good post here folks

i understand this experience as well, i was recently a pallbearer at a family member's funeral and did not feel any urge to cry, i don't know if it was because of just how sick they were and that i accepted there was no better outcome available, even in the opinion and often repeated words of said deceased person

but FEEL FREE TO CALL ME FAGGY- i must cry about once a week when listening to grieg or verdi alone at four in the morning

i kept my dog's tag off his collar and that one can pretty much alter my consciousness just by looking at it

Being a pallbearer makes things easier because it replaces grief with intense feelings of "don't gently caress this up" I had to do it one time

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

shovelbum posted:

Being a pallbearer makes things easier because it replaces grief with intense feelings of "don't gently caress this up" I had to do it one time

that is entirely accurate, it was an insanely heavy casket with 12 steel handles yet i was placed on the half with only one other person

walking down stone steps in the rain, in my only suit, carrying 200+ pounds worth of wood and metal

just imagining the headline 'man snaps ankle and is hated by family forever'

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
every time i drive to work, sobbing and screaming and hitting my steering wheel like brian cranston in that one malcolm in the middle episode

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
I cry everytime I read your posts op

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

lalaland posted:

I cry everytime I read your posts op

I was gonna make a joke like this playing off of 54's post but I've never seen the OP post before so it wouldn't be very funny. He seems ok I guess

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Never.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life
I hadn't cried in about ten years on the account that I have no feelings, however recently I woke up in tears.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I haven't cried a whole bunch lately. I had a good buddy eat a bullet some years ago and that definitely lead to a lot of crying and general alcoholism, but it seems like I got most of my tears out around that time. I guess this is a decent song about that kind of experience, if anybody feels the need to listen to one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFGuXsGIDt0

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sometimes, when the overwhelming truth of the nature of life strikes me, it will hit me deep in my core and I will fall to my knees, broken

But then I move on

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

most days I guess :)

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i’ve been sad every day for the past year

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i cry nonstop for every waking second of my godforsaken life and im glad of it

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
haha like when your internal monologue is just sobbing

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

I cried when i fell over my shoes getting out of bed and landed sideways against a door handle and it tore my leg to shreds then i landed awkward and hurt my back

That's like 6 months ago, still have scars, that was hellish.

If you mean for emotional reasons then i think when i got really drunk while streaming myself browsing dating sites back when i was single i cried before i took my shirt off and started insulting people in the chat. I thought it'd be a funny thing to do but i was on a binge and just ended up getting made fun of by my friends at the time and ugh, now i feel like crying more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
last time this was asked in gbs i said "every day" but now i'm dead inside!

• Locked thread