Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

COMRADES posted:

That kind of just sounds like some TG fetishist from a chan wrote an anime movie to be quite honest.

Assuming Pick is telling the truth (and I have no reason to doubt her).

Saw the dubbed version in theaters, Pick speaks the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
BITCH WHAT'S MY NAME

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also he goes "eeehhhhhhhhhhhh?" sometimes because she, as him, orders too many "keikeis" (cakes) at the cafe because they're kuhweigh (cute)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also, "eeeeeeeeh?" boy gets a date by helping a coworker has been... harassed! all the other coworkers, who are men, are upset and go "eeeeeeeeeeeh?" when they find out he got a date, because they wanted to bang her instead. "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh???"

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Pick posted:

spoiler alert: despite these two characters doing this for... months, I guess, at no point do they recognize they're doing it years apart even though they leave notes in one another's phone calendars

Isn't this essentially the plot of The Lake House before Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock figure out the mailbox is some sort of time machine

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Squashing Machine posted:

Isn't this essentially the plot of The Lake House before Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock figure out the mailbox is some sort of time machine

yeah but sandra bullock gets scared because one morning she has a penis and she's afraid to touch it because she is an innocent shrine maiden*

*not a joke

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You know how supposedly you can play Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" over Wizard of Oz and it fits perfectly? you could apply the voice track of any other generic anime teen romance comedy over this film and the only word they'd have to re-record is "comet"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the film also, I am not making this up, periodically becomes a anime music video for generic j-rock tracks, like nothing happened

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Oh don't worry, every single day the boy wakes up in the girl's body he messes with her tits even though she explicitly asks him not too. He denies it, but her little sister was always watching, so she knows... he's a HENTAIIIII!

this is not a joke, this is a thing in this "good film"

To be fair, this is genuinely realistic. Most teenagers would play with their dick/vagina/boobs all day if swapped into the opposite gender's body. It probably doesn't make for a good or entertaining movie though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

To be fair, this is genuinely realistic. Most teenagers would play with their dick/vagina/boobs all day if swapped into the opposite gender's body. It probably doesn't make for a good or entertaining movie though.

Well most teenagers play with their own dick all day anyway sooo

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Take aways from this thread:

1. Anime remains bad.

2. Pick is an anime expert.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
AY BITCH WHAT'S MY NAME

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When did Pick become the worst poster on the forums? It's been a steady decline. I'm guessing she just isn't getting enough dick and has passed the crazy threshold. Someone please gently caress Pick so she doesn't completely lose it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Waltzing Along posted:

When did Pick become the worst poster on the forums?

Right about the time she realized she will never be punished because she's friends with a mod

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

When did Pick become the worst poster on the forums? It's been a steady decline. I'm guessing she just isn't getting enough dick and has passed the crazy threshold. Someone please gently caress Pick so she doesn't completely lose it.

Nice advocating rape. An anime fan to the core.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She pointed out objectively true plot points to my favorite anime movie?! Rape that bitch!!!!!! Moooooods!!!!!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Squashing Machine posted:

It makes massively more sense in the Lakehouse since they arent talking about fairly refent major historic events like how a loving comet fell from the sky and wiped out a village of thousands of people.

Also the Lakehouse doesnt have random segues for music video montages to stall for time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I saw a trailer for a movie about some dude who got shipwrecked alone on an island. Then he hosed a red turtle?! It was an anime, naturally.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

I saw a trailer for a movie about some dude who got shipwrecked alone on an island. Then he hosed a red turtle?! It was an anime, naturally.

That's The Red Turtle, it's a combined French/Japanese production, and it is an exceptional film.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

also he goes "eeehhhhhhhhhhhh?" sometimes because she, as him, orders too many "keikeis" (cakes) at the cafe because they're kuhweigh (cute)

Your profile picture is from a Disney movie isn't it? Is this a real divide? Disney people hate anime movies because they want to look like the 9 year olds instead of the 8 year olds?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Schweinhund posted:

I'm not 6 so I don't watch cartoons.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jukeboxblues posted:

Your profile picture is from a Disney movie isn't it? Is this a real divide? Disney people hate anime movies because they want to look like the 9 year olds instead of the 8 year olds?

I was given this av because I look like Rapunzel and cut a hole in my scalp.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Bullshit Rapunzel is blonde and attractive

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Bullshit Rapunzel is blonde and attractive

Who says Pick isn't?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
You're gonna make her post another selfie lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OWLS! posted:

Who says Pick isn't?

We've seen the photos

:horse:

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

We've seen the photos

:horse:

the luscious fursuit

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Nah i just mean some serious horse face

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Waltzing Along posted:

did you just register or something

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Pick posted:

Oh don't worry, every single day the boy wakes up in the girl's body he messes with her tits even though she explicitly asks him not too. He denies it, but her little sister was always watching, so she knows... he's a HENTAIIIII!

this is not a joke, this is a thing in this "good film"

Thats crazy that a boy would want to touch boobs, I agree, but keep in mind this film is SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY so stuff doesnt have to be realistic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Carmant posted:

Thats crazy that a boy would want to touch boobs, I agree, but keep in mind this film is SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY so stuff doesnt have to be realistic

dude it's loving tedious a.f. after like the tenth time this scene plays out. literally I think it happens at least ten times.

also at their amazing climactic meeting, that's literally the first thing she says. you touched my boooobies!!!! :oooooooo

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

also at their amazing climactic meeting, that's literally the first thing she says. you touched my boooobies!!!! :oooooooo

tell me u wouldn't say that if that was u

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

OWLS! posted:

tell me u wouldn't say that if that was u

I'm a loving adult and at that time in the film there are way bigger issues.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

I'm a loving adult and at that time in the film there are way bigger issues.

*in extremely anime voice* but you would be a 18 year old higschool girl in that case

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
it doesnt matter what your name is

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Your bookanime report is due on my desk Wednesday morning better study!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sometimes anime... is good?

but there will never be another good anime cuz the guy who made it died. rip anime.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

sometimes anime... is good?

but there will never be another good anime cuz the guy who made it died. rip anime.

I watched a Japanese PSA encouraging you not to drunkenly stumble off the train platform and die so we're at 2 good animes.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I like Rick and Morty

It's a good show. I miss my grandpa sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

it doesnt matter what your name is
that's not what the movie says