Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

girl in the OP can, goddamn that bitch obsidian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Viva Miriya posted:

preemptive reminder you probably don't get to say it

w/e nigga, eat my rear end

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I call people nigga all the time.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Twelve Batmans posted:

In the 60's "black" was bad and "negro" was good.

Language changes all the time. The repurposing of the n word by the african american community into its much softer sounding colloquialism as a term of brotherly affection is evident enough.

Yeah but it isn't the people who popularized the slur that get to say that the healing has happened. They don't know.

Taut Lore
Jul 14, 2017
It's like cultural appropriation. Who invented that baloney? White guys with dreadlocks. White girls making burrhitos in Portland

Well as soon as poc's stop wearing suits and jeans and skirts etc, and woc (women of color) stop straightening their hair ..... then I'll stop playing John Coltrane pieces on my trumpet (yes i know he played the sax) and driving my lowrider caddy

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

i called a guy "colored" and now I have a black eye! #biracial

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

i called a guy "colored" and now I have a black eye! #biracial

Hee hee

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Taut Lore posted:

It's like cultural appropriation. Who invented that baloney? White guys with dreadlocks. White girls making burrhitos in Portland

Well as soon as poc's stop wearing suits and jeans and skirts etc, and woc (women of color) stop straightening their hair ..... then I'll stop playing John Coltrane pieces on my trumpet (yes i know he played the sax) and driving my lowrider caddy

It's a specific thing involving exploitation that morons have turned into "no cultures can mix."

But like for example a lot of black musicians had their work stolen (and not just copied stylistically) by people who then became famous and rich while the black musician died in poverty.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Twelve Batmans posted:

w/e nigga, eat my rear end

give me the chocolate

Taut Lore
Jul 14, 2017

COMRADES posted:

It's a specific thing involving exploitation that morons have turned into "no cultures can mix."

But like for example a lot of black musicians had their work stolen (and not just copied stylistically) by people who then became famous and rich while the black musician died in poverty.

Like Jimi Hendrix then. The music business is harsh, people getting ripped off left right and center.

But bear in mind Ray Charles was the richest poc in America at one point, Little Richard had more gold round his neck than China in the 50s, Chuck Berry lived in luxury balling sweet little sixteen yr olds until webcams became his downfall ..... apart from some of the old blues musicians most black musicians have been paid pretty handsomely

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someday i hope to say

colored people of color

fast enough that no one notices at the time

and i hope to say nonwhite whenever someone else might use the term people of color

i like being contrary

i do not like language rules based on trained hypersensitivity

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
If we can get everybody to start using the right language they will start thinking the right thoughts

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taut Lore posted:

Like Jimi Hendrix then. The music business is harsh, people getting ripped off left right and center.

But bear in mind Ray Charles was the richest poc in America at one point, Little Richard had more gold round his neck than China in the 50s, Chuck Berry lived in luxury balling sweet little sixteen yr olds until webcams became his downfall ..... apart from some of the old blues musicians most black musicians have been paid pretty handsomely

not most

most black musicians from that era languished in obscurity while a white band that covered their music was believed to be the original songwriter

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a star war betamax posted:

If we can get everybody to start using the right language they will start thinking the right thoughts

this is literally truly what they think

also something about emboldening, if a racist sees anything they are comfortable with at any time they will feel like they can get away with beating a nonwhite to death in the street

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

i do not like language rules based on trained hypersensitivity

They're based on continuing racism.

Do you think letting people cackle at racist chatter is discouraging them from being racist?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

...and the pitch! posted:

They're based on continuing racism.

Do you think letting people cackle at racist chatter is discouraging them from being racist?

who gives a poo poo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

who gives a poo poo

Racists get pretty mad at the idea that they shouldn't be mean

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

who gives a poo poo

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Racists get pretty mad at the idea that they shouldn't be mean

i feel like im going to be drawn into a fight over this one day just because im a vulgar clod that tries to defy social paranoias instead of nurture them and i resent it in advance

i ponder telling people im a racist in big bold text on my website so theres no sting of betrayal later on

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You asked me who gives a poo poo. I answered.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

To be fair I only gave one possible answer.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

who gives a poo poo

apparently you do

Taut Lore
Jul 14, 2017

You asked me who gives a poo poo. I answered.

Calm down p***** ** ****r calm down!

P***** ** ****r you gots to keep yo heartrate down when some jiveass h***y gits his pinkboy rear end under yo craw

Chill blood we got dis

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

if more dumb assholes that are out there insist they can say the bad words that make people angry maybe just maybe one day the bad words will lose their power over people

with this thought in mind i fully support the OP's quest to say all the naughty words

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i lust to never ever say anything that someone else doesnt like

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

maybe one day the bad words will lose their power over people

Racism is a powerful social force that inflicts devastating financial and other quality of life problems in real life for 10s or 100s millions of people in the USA.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and because this bad thing exists everyone needs to do what i say

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

She'd be pretty if it were not for the glaringly fake eyebrows.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Taut Lore posted:

Calm down p***** ** ****r calm down!

P***** ** ****r you gots to keep yo heartrate down when some jiveass h***y gits his pinkboy rear end under yo craw

Chill blood we got dis

Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da help!
Jive-rear end dude don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

and because this bad thing exists everyone needs to do what i say

No.

Let's try not to be racist for chuckles is my simple request.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The girl in the OP looks like a white girl. There I said it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da help!
Jive-rear end dude don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit.

Don't dignify that poo poo with an Airplane quote

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Colored pencils haven't been subject to centuries of horrific racism

Errr, educate yourself, shitlord.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Let's try not to be racist for chuckles is my simple request.

What do you call a bunch of white guys sitting on a bench?
The NBA.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
As in the owners?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

What do you call a bunch of white guys sitting on a bench?
The NBA.

This guy never heard of Rik Smits. The Flying Dutchman.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Detlef Schrempf is up in the house.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Racism is a powerful social force that inflicts devastating financial and other quality of life problems in real life for 10s or 100s millions of people in the USA.

So what are you trying to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

is this a joke about Common Core education or about the wrongthink meme

• Locked thread