Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

spacetoaster posted:

What?!?! Name one (other than the guy we're talking about). :smuggo:

Bruce Lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

spacetoaster posted:

What?!?! Name one (other than the guy we're talking about). :smuggo:

its the second most common surname in korea alone its something like 15-20% of the entire population has a last name of Lee not to mention additional millions in america

considering how first names always given as some common name when moving or being born in america, chances are basically certain there are more asian robert lee's than there are non asian ones

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I feel grief.

1gnoirents posted:

its the second most common surname in korea alone its something like 15-20% of the entire population has a last name of Lee not to mention additional millions in america

lol. ok.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Um no Bruce isn't an Asian name so he can't be Asian.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

I feel grief.

lol. ok.

apologize!!!!!!!!!

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

cda posted:

I guess I'm not seeing what the big deal is, here. They didn't fire him. They didn't tell him he can never call another UVA game again. They just figured this week wasn't the week to remind people about Robert E. Lee when they're sitting down to watch some college football. And so far as we know, he agreed with that assessment.

The article didnt say but hes been pulled from all 6 home games. And hes not making a giant deal out of it because hed like to remain employed.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
this is dumb.

ESPN was dumb for moving him.

Its dumb that people are freaking out about this.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

The article didnt say but hes been pulled from all 6 home games. And hes not making a giant deal out of it because hed like to remain employed.

He's calling other games, so who gives a poo poo. And you don't know why he's not making a big deal out of it; for all you know he's a libtard snowflake that wishes he could change his own name.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

imagine if he had a middle name that started with R it'd be like hello im lobert l ree

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was he caught on tape goosestepping as a neo Nazi or doing the antifa thing running around beating people up? Did he make an insensitive tweet?

Nope. Asian dude had the wrong name and was making people feel unsafe. He's been pulled from all Virginia home games.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.75d8426ff078

lmao never mind I hope Trump wins a second presidency now. I'm going to vote for him in 2020, gently caress this.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
For all we know this Robert Lee guy is a tumblr SJW

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

apologize!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UnuRUp6NsE

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I wish my letter opener at work had as much edge as this thread, I can hardly open my letters!

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

cda posted:

He's calling other games, so who gives a poo poo. And you don't know why he's not making a big deal out of it; for all you know he's a libtard snowflake that wishes he could change his own name.

I mean thats half his work for the year.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Or maybe: https://twitter.com/yashar/status/900219648473522178

He's calling other games. He's still working exactly the same amount.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Bet he gets paid the same. Sounds like nazis indirectly got him a bunch of money for less work!!

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

FactsAreUseless posted:

I mean it sounds like he's willing to go along with it, but it's all intensely dumb.

Indeed. It turns out the intensely dumb people are you and me and everyone else who posted in this thread assuming that they were trying to protect sensitive viewers instead of protecting the guy himself from being memed into oblivion.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
"we did this to prevent memes!"

*a million memes are created*

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I mean, really, would you want to get Ken Boned?

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

VikingSkull posted:

I'm not totally sure of the something awful rules but I think that you're now obligated to either find or make a million Robert Lee memes to back up this claim, or you'll be banned.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

this bodes ill for my sportscasting career ambitions

signed,

adolph steven hitler

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh great, now ESPN is defending Robert Lee! I'm real mad, hoo boy, I tell ya, and

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

cda posted:

I'm not totally sure of the something awful rules but I think that you're now obligated to either find or make a million Robert Lee memes to back up this claim, or you'll be banned.

this sounds like backseat moderation to me!

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

VikingSkull posted:

[voice from the backseat]: No it's not.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wait.

People believe an ESPN executive who says they did "stupid thing" to protect an employee, and not the company itself from ridicule et cetera?

Nobody here is naive enough to believe that kind of spin, yes?

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Robert Lee did nothing wrong!!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
*Bolvar Fordragon voice*

There must always be a Nazi thread.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
The guy they got to replace him is a longtime broadcaster, Adolph Hutler.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

cda posted:

Indeed. It turns out the intensely dumb people are you and me and everyone else who posted in this thread assuming that they were trying to protect sensitive viewers instead of protecting the guy himself from being memed into oblivion.

tooooooooooooo laaaaaaaaate

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

cda posted:

Or maybe: https://twitter.com/yashar/status/900219648473522178

He's calling other games. He's still working exactly the same amount.

lol loving sjws am I right? #thejews

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

By making it national nees

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

thread bad

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

cda posted:

Why are you so upset about this

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

probably because in today's minefield you cant even change somebody's schedule based on their name as illogical as it might be and that like makes people realllllly butthurt which then tends to lead to things like "did you know that ..... commit over 50% of murders but we cant say that out loud for some reason its just loving demographics how do you fix a problem if youc ant even adknolwedgeawewaethtebasicsa!!"

For real if Robert Lee commented on the UVA football game it'd be meme central but if he didnt it wouldnt but looks like they coudlnt pull a tiny switcharoo without it going to the press and now its probably going to be worse off

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

I'm not. VikingSkull makes good 'shops and I was hoping he'd do some.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

cda posted:

In other words, this thread currently sucks but if people started making Robert Lee/Robert E. Lee memes maybe it'd be slightly entertaining.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

cda posted:

I'd like to see some too

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I don't make good photoshops but I'm good at finding them

https://twitter.com/robbiebliny/status/900339258107482112

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

cda posted:

Actually it's just you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

You know, calling out backseat moderating is an example of backseat moderating. :smuggo:

No one point out that by that logic this post would be backseat moderating, as you would also be backseat moderating.

• Locked thread