Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally A Person posted:

I hate people who spit when they talk but are completely oblivious to it.

Don't tell me you can't see those droplets coming out.

You loving know what you're doing you human piece of garbage.

I had a teacher who ate a lot of cottage cheese and when he did his lectures the cottage cheese would start forming up in the corners of his mouth. Then sometimes if he emphasized a point one of the little white pieces would fly off into the front row of students. The only reason people really paid attention to him was to avoid flying mouth cheese. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Vocal fry. It's so annoying. I had to stop listening to the Slate Culture Gabfest and the Slate Political Gabfest because of the catastrophic vocal fry that some of those hosts have.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

ANUSTART posted:

Wth how do u end a sentence with that, sounds horrible... BUT ACUALLY.

I hate uh people who kill people usually I guess.

Perhaps it is a south side of Chicago thing? Everyone I know p much does this.

dstyle
Jul 24, 2006
people who ask rhetorical questions and answer them in the middle of their sentences, such as

"you were late to work twice this past week. am I angry? no, I'm not angry, but...."

ughhhhhhhhhh

theLamer
Dec 2, 2005
I put the lame in blame
people who breathe from their mouths loudly.

people who do those snot-snorts where they're pulling the snot in their nose back into their throats, done once every minute or so. Get a loving tissue my dude, blow that poo poo *out*, don't pull it in.

people who are unintentionally rude because they're too stupid to know any better

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I have a coworker who uses 'right?...' constantly. He basically uses it to string two sentences or thoughts together; kinda like a semicolon. You know those people who use 'umm' a lot when talking? He uses 'right?' instead of 'umm'. It's awful.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
People who put salt on the basket of tortilla chips as soon as they come out. THEY ALREADY HAVE SALT you loving herd animal, and what if someone else at the table doesn't want more goddamn salt on their chips??

Rabbit World Order
Mar 11, 2007

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
Saying "but anyway" at the end of every sentence fries my rear end.

My wife and her parents both do it regularly. I try to tell them they're wasting four syllables of breath they'll never get back every time they do that, but they just look at me and then say, "but anyway..."

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
kill.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Osric posted:

If someone says "right?" after every sentence it's because you're not very bright and they need to make sure you're following what they're saying.

I hate people who think eating high pH foods prevents cancer because "cancer cells can't exist in an alkaline environment". They're all over facebook and they're so smug in their stupid conviction it makes me wish they'd choke on their grapefruit.

Yerr just jealous because you're not a powerful ALKA-male

Baking soda and red cabbage BATTERY BOD 4 LIFE

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

i hate people who fart directly down my throat. it's like, 'hey i'm trying to eat some poo poo here.' manners, right?

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
I hate people who don't exist, it's like, Get a life, losers.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

dont support marxist leninist science

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Manifest Despair
Aug 20, 2008
can't stand when I'm talking to someone and they're not blowing my throbbing veiny fat cock

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

theLamer posted:

people who breathe from their mouths loudly.

people who do those snot-snorts where they're pulling the snot in their nose back into their throats, done once every minute or so. Get a loving tissue my dude, blow that poo poo *out*, don't pull it in.

people who are unintentionally rude because they're too stupid to know any better

The utter disdain you people have for mouth breathers makes me really glad I don't have a respiratory disorder.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
can satisfy a woman sexually, making me look bad.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aryu Kiddimeh posted:

I hate people who don't exist, it's like, Get a life, losers.

ive met a lot of people who probably dont exist and they were cool probably more so than all you definitely existing losers

tensac
Jun 9, 2011

is it anything?
Breathe.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I hate hanging out with people who shut down attempts at conversation.
"What made you want to work in [field]?"
"Nothing."
"Well, like... was it something you were interested in as a kid?"
"Not really."
"It's a pretty skilled and specific position, though. Doesn't seem like something you just fall into."
*shrug*
"Okay, uh... What did you want to become as a child? Maybe it ties in?"
"No, nothing special."

Motherfucker, you called me. MEET ME HALFWAY HERE.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop hanging out with 16 years olds op, you creep

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Preoptopus posted:

cannot have a conversation with you without saying "right?" after every sentence they say.

Goddamn that poo poo pisses me off.
Well I don't know, I think it's kind of endearing.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
collect beanie babies in the TYOOL 2017

eat the center of a pancake but not the edge. same for people who don't eat crusts on their sandwich

pick out tomatoes/onions from their burger but use a shitload of ketchup

are always retelling the same story about the one time they brushed shoulders with a celebrity

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

OMFG FURRY posted:

eat the center of a pancake but not the edge.

...this is a thing?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OMFG FURRY posted:

eat the center of a pancake but not the edge.
I have never seen this but what the gently caress?

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
right? pisses me off too op

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Preoptopus posted:

cannot have a conversation with you without saying "right?" after every sentence they say.

Goddamn that poo poo pisses me off.

I have a friend who does the opposite and says "right?" after a lot of things I say but I like that cause it just makes me feel like I'm right

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have a friend who does the opposite and says "right?" after a lot of things I say but I like that cause it just makes me feel like I'm right

That's what it means when used that way it is just agreeing

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

I hate hanging out with people who shut down attempts at conversation.
"What made you want to work in [field]?"
"Nothing."
"Well, like... was it something you were interested in as a kid?"
"Not really."
"It's a pretty skilled and specific position, though. Doesn't seem like something you just fall into."
*shrug*
"Okay, uh... What did you want to become as a child? Maybe it ties in?"
"No, nothing special."

Motherfucker, you called me. MEET ME HALFWAY HERE.

This type of poo poo used to annoy me but I learned to just ignore it and if they wanna kill the conversation then just let it die.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Blue Train posted:

That's what it means when used that way it is just agreeing

Or it's verbal code for "I have no real role in this one-sided conversation, but I know you just want to vent and I'm least pretending to listen."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Some people are just boring and some peoples careers are uninteresting to them maybe you should have changed the subject instead of pursuing something they were obviously not trying to talk about

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

right? pisses me off too op
you did it wrong... b--b-aka

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
women who dont know the variety of complicated nautical knots i require to climax.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

a bone to pick posted:

This type of poo poo used to annoy me but I learned to just ignore it and if they wanna kill the conversation then just let it die.

I hate whipping out a phone when in company, but goddamn.

Blue Train posted:

Some people are just boring and some peoples careers are uninteresting to them maybe you should have changed the subject instead of pursuing something they were obviously not trying to talk about

Oh, no, that's just an example. Many things get killed long before and after, including asking about the city, upcoming events, people they know, places they've been, periods of their life, etc. If you're that unwilling to talk about anything involving you or your life, you're either oppressively uninteresting or ridiculously jaded about my company. Maybe try broaching a topic yourself if you're so put off by my attempts. But no, they never do.

I also make sure to ask a lot of "you" questions because I know what it's like to have a person monologuing at you for two hours. It's nice to give people a chance to talk about themselves and it's equally nice when they grant you the same consideration.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Yeah "so what do you do?" is a trap because not everyone loves their job or wants to be defined by it.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I hate whipping out a phone when in company, but goddamn.

Oh, no, that's just an example. Many things get killed long before and after, including asking about the city, upcoming events, people they know, places they've been, periods of their life, etc. If you're that unwilling to talk about anything involving you or your life, you're either oppressively uninteresting or ridiculously jaded about my company. Maybe try broaching a topic yourself if you're so put off by my attempts. But no, they never do.

I also make sure to ask a lot of "you" questions because I know what it's like to have a person monologuing at you for two hours. It's nice to give people a chance to talk about themselves and it's equally nice when they grant you the same consideration.

Some people are just private or don't like talking about themselves you weirdo.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Duckbox posted:

Some people are just private or don't like talking about themselves you weirdo.

I can't establish any sort of relationship with someone I don't know, numbnuts.

Osric
Sep 25, 2012
Women who flick their hair on crowded public transport.

We are packed together on the tube, my face is two inches from the back of your head. Refrain from flicking your hair for the duration of the journey.

Edit: Can we make this the female equivalent of "manspreading" and generate a shitload of bullshit articles/stupid opinions/careers out of uh...lady...flicking?

Osric fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
who repeat the punchline of their own joke while laughing.

“So he ends up in France! Ah ha hah ha hahaha... ends up in France...”

• Locked thread