Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

i almost hit a deer once, luckily i slammed on the brakes. it proceeded to stand in front of my car snorting so I revved the engine and it ran off.

Deer are pussies!

I hit one in a passenger van going 80 and drug it a couple hundred feet and the bitch was still alive they are def not pussies. Some random redneck came by and had his sheriff dad come shoot it which is pretty pussified I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

like a cigarette should posted:

Deer are cute though.

Goons are significantly less cute than deer.

If a deer and a goon ran out in front of my car at night, as they are prone to do, I know which way to turn the wheel.

A goon would never kill and eat your family.

But a deer...?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Blue Train posted:

I hit one in a passenger van going 80 and drug it a couple hundred feet and the bitch was still alive they are def not pussies. Some random redneck came by and had his sheriff dad come shoot it which is pretty pussified I guess

Sucks that it suffered.

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

There are approximately 2 million deer between my house and where I work 25 minutes away

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Thunder Sheep posted:

There are approximately 2 million deer between my house and where I work 25 minutes away

Probably both above and below the ground.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Honky Dong Country posted:

Sucks that it suffered.

They were all over the interstate and shoulder and median and it was dark so I didn't see them in enough time to slow down adequately and I was in a company vehicle so I said gently caress it and sped up trying to ensure I killed it but nope

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Blue Train posted:

They were all over the interstate and shoulder and median and it was dark so I didn't see them in enough time to slow down adequately and I was in a company vehicle so I said gently caress it and sped up trying to ensure I killed it but nope

Nah I get it man, wasn't trying to rip on you. I always carry a knife myself but luckily I've never had to mercy kill anything as large as a deer. I just hate to see anything die slow. It's a drat shame.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea it was hosed but at least the guy showed up

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you see a deer while you're walking there's an actual danger that they'll see you, get spooked, and just run directly at you in terror because they're so loving dumb, ending your life

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
A deer sacrificed himself to get me out of payments on my Hummer H3. Now I need one to do the same on my Toyota Tacoma. Godspeed kamikaze deer. :patriot:

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Deer are tasty

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
compare them to crabs from the crab thread and there's really no contest

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
my bro got a deer through his windshield way back. He saw it on the side of the road and slowed down, deer is just standing there. After honking horn, waving arms, etc the deer is still there so he starts slowly driving past. Gets alongside it and it freaks the gently caress out and jumps onto the hood and rolls into the windshield. Dumbass loving animals. Deer probably bled to death lmao

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My dad had one come down the side of a hill, run alongside his truck then decide to ram the gently caress out of it with it's stupid headstabbies and tore the truck all to hell. $3000 in body damages. It was a sight to see.

Dad shot the gently caress out of that deer, screamed at it, pissed on it and flung it down the other side of the hill.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I don't hunt but sometimes people give me venison. it's good. been a while though. someone mail me some sausage.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Prav posted:

deer steak is real tasty

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If anyone wants some sausage meet me behind the 7/11

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The state should file insurance claims against drivers who hit deer since the deer cant

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tax the deer imo

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Same, but ax the deer.

Chase one with a hatchet and chop until dead.

Fireman carry the carcass back to your apartment.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
deer are a bunch of assholes!!!!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Deer are a menace due to overpopulation but seriously guys don't kill an animal unless you're capable of killing it quickly. Nothing deserves to die slow. Naturally there's little you can do if you hit one with your car. But even then if you have a gun or a knife headshot the drat thing or cut its throat. Have some respect and some empathy. It's for this reason that I won't bowhunt yet. I'm not using heavy enough bows accurately enough to ensure a the quickest kill possible so for now I use a rifle.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Seriously even trash rear end menace critters deserve a swift death. If you can't do that there's no shame in it, just don't try and end up gut shotting something so that it suffers and dies like two days later.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Hunting is fun & deer have sharp senses, but they’re dumb as gently caress. Had some deer sausage cooked in ponzu sauce & lemon-ginger risotto last week :yum:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

So much deer

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Tough bastards too, you can blow out their hearts & they will still make it 20 yards on pure adrenaline

Hell you can knock em down by bouncing one off their spine & you better chamber another or they’ll get up and run!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Some deer are big deer. Don't mess with the big deer.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

if you have a gun or a knife headshot the drat thing or cut its throat.

I 360 noscope deers all day every day.

Here's a gopro of me using a knife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-My1FlTW9-Y&t=66s

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Some deer are big deer. Don't mess with the big deer.

Ridiculous

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

I only almost hit 4 deer this fall, not a bad year for MN.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Deer are cute though.

Goons are significantly less cute than deer.

If a deer and a goon ran out in front of my car at night, as they are prone to do, I know which way to turn the wheel.
You put your bowling skills to use and get the 7-10 split?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's only 3 animals I'd like to hunt at least once in my life :
- deers because they are tasty and give a shitload of meat, also nobody is ever gonna miss them
- rabbits because hey, I can eat that (also I guess the fur looks nice and I could made a cool hat out of it if I could find documentation on how to do it?)
- boar, hogs, wild pigs and all that, because again, they look tasty and they are the closest there's is to a "dangerous game" around these parts because they are apparently extremely territorial and will charge any human that gets within range of the uh... sounder? apparently that's the right word.

Anyway OP, bless you on your hunt, may you slay the deer infidel and harvest all its meat.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last month I killed a buck and my brother killed a doe. Venison owns. Also I'm stripping the head of mine down to the skull and I'm gonna stick it on one of my bookshelves.

ive never killed an animal. maybe like some bugs & fish or w.e tho, i guess. i prefer it this way.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

ive never killed an animal. maybe like some bugs & fish or w.e tho, i guess. i prefer it this way.

Depending on your location there is wildlife that requires slaying by humans to avoid overpopulation and starvation

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i would rather become friends with a deer, and pet it, than shoot it dead with guns or run it over with a car.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Smythe posted:

i would rather become friends with a deer, and pet it, than shoot it dead with guns or run it over with a car.

I would as well if they at least brought you donuts more often

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQKtpmW5Aq4

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

Depending on your location there is wildlife that requires slaying by humans to avoid overpopulation and starvation

i rather eat a pizza than rip a deers skin off its body and cut its guts up to barbecue or whatever it is country people do with their dominated deer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

i rather eat a pizza than rip a deers skin off its body and cut its guts up to barbecue or whatever it is country people do with their dominated deer

Cheese is cow rape

• Locked thread