Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Sweet whale-bone dildo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

1redflag posted:

Sweet whale-bone dildo

Are you kidding me? That thing's not finished or sealed at all. The first time you try to wash it after use, it's gonna deteriorate....unless it's really scrimshaw.
Then the question is: why are you shoving a Star Wars scrimshaw piece up your privates? What brought you to this point?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stalizard posted:

Everybody you know makes fun of you when you're not around

lol like I give a gently caress what some losers think

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Magius1337est posted:

I finally got tired of smoking cigarettes and I'm a pussy who can't finish a cigar in one sitting so I've taking up the douchey/manly art of smoking from a pipe

it is a world of difference, enough nicotine to be tolerable compared to getting sick off a cigar and much better flavors

I can also chill on it and puff occasionally and relight it when I need to so it isn't some race against the clock to finish it as fast as I can

my recent purchase:
http://www.tobaccopipes.com/peterson-christmas-2017-pipes/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw6tDMckY4U

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Is that storm trooper holding a single funion.
He is, isn't he. He's holding a funion.

Also just FYI for other guy: using "alpha" non ironically actually causes vaginas to try to retreat into the uterus.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

Is that storm trooper holding a single funion.
He is, isn't he. He's holding a funion.

Also just FYI for other guy: using "alpha" non ironically actually causes vaginas to try to retreat into the uterus.

Whereas 'beta' makes nothing happen. I guess I'm glad y'all are learning the Greek Alphabet, but it's getting weird. First was the 'Alpha Omega' thing....then all the other garbage, and now this. Who is an Iota? I like those.

Never mind. It's some stupid money thing now. I didn't meant that.

Vato fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 21, 2018

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I smoked a pipe a bit when i was 18. I thought i looked pretty cool. I just ended up smoking ciggerettes though.

Im kinda pissed i quit smoking when e-cigs took off. I would have been all into that.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Vato posted:

Are you kidding me? That thing's not finished or sealed at all. The first time you try to wash it after use, it's gonna deteriorate....unless it's really scrimshaw.

Whoa, trap sprung

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boswells are really nice pipes. Will eventually make a trip to the store...someday.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Thus o'er my pipe in contemplation
Of such things - I can constantly
Indulge in fruitful meditation,
And so, puffing contentedly,
On land, at sea, at home, abroad,
I smoke my pipe and worship God.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

That Robot posted:

I have a gandalf pipe to smoke cannabis and it owns.

Same.

Who smokes tobacco anyway? What a lovely drug.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

just smoke cigarettes

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I enjoy smoking a pipe once and a while.
I have two of them.
One of them is an "estate pipe" that I bought used from a really cool tobacconist here in town that has a giant walk in humidor and otherwise only sells newspapers and magazines and has been open since like the 1860's.

Anyway it means I bought some dead dudes pipe and I still agree that pipe smoking makes you look like a retard.

I'd only ever do it in my own back yard or on my deck or something while chilling with my dogs.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I think op actually smokes poles

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also get one of these

ya'll figure out what the do-dads do on their own. You're adults.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

Also get one of these

ya'll figure out what the do-dads do on their own. You're adults.

Yeah these and tapered pipe cleaners with the hard plastic bristles interspersed in them are all you need.

Also use matches, scrubs.

I too own a dead man's pipes. My great grandfather smoked pipes and I've got all his old pipes. More than anything though I use a savinelli short pipe I bought when I first started smoking pipes. I've also got a really long pipe that's great for laying back in a recliner and reading.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
with my pipe I can grow a bear and go

"mm, yes, indeed" a lot

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Does this thread cover crack pipes and base pipes too?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mccaine looks grown up

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
smoking is insanely bad for you, play it like I do and stick to alcohol and benzos

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
ive found them hard to keep lit, i prefer cigars

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I smoke pipe tobacco because the government practically doesn't tax it and it's about 1/10 the price of anything labeled cigarette tobacco. I roll it into cigarettes and only use my pipe for weed tho

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

ive found them hard to keep lit, i prefer cigars

It's all in how you pack it. I was taught the three pack method. You fill the pipe to the top loose, then pack it down but not too hard. Do this two more times and it should be like 4/5ths full. Light that with a wooden match (let the end burn off so you don't suck in all the chems in there) and just pull on it a bit. Once that gets going just leave some ash on the top and you should be able to pull on it nice and slow. You get a nice cool smoke that way. If the pipe's getting hot as hell you're going at it too hard and the heat can even gently caress up the finish on it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Nerds lol

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just smoke out of a busted light bulb like a real man

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Op, I think it is really cool how you made a thread about how you like to smoke pipe.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Feels good man.

But nah I just like tobacco in general. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes. I like them all.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Honky Dong Country posted:

Feels good man.

But nah I just like tobacco in general. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes. I like them all.

I quit smoking cigs about a year and a half ago and lemme tell you

I still miss it

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Feels good man.

I don't think you can say you like tobacco in general if all you smoke is nicotiana tabacum lol

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Neukoln19 posted:

Op, I think it is really cool how you made a thread about how you like to smoke pipe.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
pipes are like smoking cigarettes but over the course of an hour, really enjoyable, especially if you like the taste of tobacco

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
My grandfather said he was safe since he smoked out of a pipe. Well, he died of lung cancer. Careful OP.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

My grandfather said he was safe since he smoked out of a pipe. Well, he died of lung cancer. Careful OP.

did he inhale?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Even if you don't inhale it's still bad for you. Mouth cancer is a thing.

pap smear posted:

I don't think you can say you like tobacco in general if all you smoke is nicotiana tabacum lol

Well you're obviously referring to something I haven't ever encountered and tried so feel free to enlighten me. I'm always open to new kinds of smoke.

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Even if you don't inhale it's still bad for you. Mouth cancer is a thing.

Well you're obviously referring to something I haven't ever encountered and tried so feel free to enlighten me. I'm always open to new kinds of smoke.

Aztec. Tobacco.
https://www.leafonly.com/pipe-tobacco-leaf/tobacco-leaves/nicotiana-rustica
So strong it's considered an entheogen. Uncured leaves are straight up deliriants like diphenhydramine, scopolamine or dramamine.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
My great grandma smoked a pipe. Only opium.

My family are cool.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Magius1337est posted:

did he inhale?

No. That was his argument against it.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

General China posted:

My great grandma smoked a pipe. Only opium.

My family are cool.

Opium pipes are really pretty. This reminded me of that guy who was into collecting antique opium accoutrements, but he got so into it, he wanted to know what is was like to actually smoke opium, like in a den. Long story endless, he got addicted, but I think he's better now. I like your great grandma.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Vato posted:

Opium pipes are really pretty. This reminded me of that guy who was into collecting antique opium accoutrements, but he got so into it, he wanted to know what is was like to actually smoke opium, like in a den. Long story endless, he got addicted, but I think he's better now. I like your great grandma.

he moved to Kublai Khans pleasure dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I often smoke a pipe because my hero is Charles Nelson Riley.

• Locked thread