Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
I finally got tired of smoking cigarettes and I'm a pussy who can't finish a cigar in one sitting so I've taking up the douchey/manly art of smoking from a pipe

it is a world of difference, enough nicotine to be tolerable compared to getting sick off a cigar and much better flavors

I can also chill on it and puff occasionally and relight it when I need to so it isn't some race against the clock to finish it as fast as I can

my recent purchase:
http://www.tobaccopipes.com/peterson-christmas-2017-pipes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alright gramps. :okpos:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Yet you still use a fuckin lighter and not matches

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :smuggo:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I love to buttpuff my calabash. Getting a full draft of the mild but musky smoke way up my colon really makes my day.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bip Roberts posted:

I love to buttpuff my calabash. Getting a full draft of the mild but musky smoke way up my colon really makes my day.

Whut? How do you butt puff?

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Bip Roberts posted:

Just cuz your grandpa died of colon cancer and smoked a pipe doesn't immediately mean there is a connection.

Anyway, I read this wrong, but whatever your grandpa did or did not stick up his behind has nothing to do with you. Why am I even saying this

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Pipe smoking is pretty enjoyable but the trick is you have to do it where nobody will ever be able to see you because if they do, you instantly and forever become that fuckin guy

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I don't smoke american tobacco at all but occasionally I like to smoke brazilian tobacco and get acute nicotine poisoning because its a slightly less lovely deliriant than benadryl

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:thunk: butt puff

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Pipes are v good when camping

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i only smoke weed OP

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Welcome to the hobby. Aromatics, English blends or both? Aromatics are nice if your within range of others & I get compliments all the time. English burn cool & smells like BBQ to me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

...oh OH that kind of pipe smoking

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://youtu.be/JmEQDejFoYU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Magius1337est posted:

I finally got tired of smoking cigarettes and I'm a pussy who can't finish a cigar in one sitting so I've taking up the douchey/manly art of smoking from a pipe

it is a world of difference, enough nicotine to be tolerable compared to getting sick off a cigar and much better flavors

I can also chill on it and puff occasionally and relight it when I need to so it isn't some race against the clock to finish it as fast as I can

my recent purchase:
http://www.tobaccopipes.com/peterson-christmas-2017-pipes/

Have you solved any mysteries since doing this?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Stalizard posted:

Pipe smoking is pretty enjoyable but the trick is you have to do it where nobody will ever be able to see you because if they do, you instantly and forever become that fuckin guy

yeah pretty much

the actual feeling if you smoke and are addicted to nicotine is pretty good compared to sucking down a few camels

it's hard to even say "who gives a gently caress what other people think" because when you smoke a pipe, YOU'RE cognizant that you look like that guy more than anyone else

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!

Admiral Bosch posted:

Pipes are v good when camping

This is pretty much it, OP

ETA that the best pipe you can get is also the cheapest, corncobs objectively smoke as well as broken in $400 briars and they're like five bucks. The downside is that everybody will make fun of you, forever. This is pipe smoking in a microcosm

Stalizard fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 21, 2018

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

You smoke a pipe at home, but still outside. You know.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Welcome to the hobby. Aromatics, English blends or both? Aromatics are nice if your within range of others & I get compliments all the time. English burn cool & smells like BBQ to me.

When I first started smoking, I got a few samples, and I though who in the hell could smoke English, hated it at first. But now, it's pretty much all I smoke, that and occasionally VaPers. I cant do aromatics anymore. They may smell good but taste like poo poo and I get mad tongue bite from them. I have a tin of some rum flavored blend I got for free and tried to smoke some a couple of weeks ago. Smells great in the tin, but that poo poo was nasty. After about 2 mins I couldnt take it anymore.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

fashion grudge match: pipes or e cigarette.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I smoke a pipe. Pipe tobacco is by far the sweetest and most flavorful. Also, its classy

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

You can keep your pipe in your fedora.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!

moose face posted:

I smoke a pipe. Pipe tobacco is by far the sweetest and most flavorful. Also, its classy

Everybody you know makes fun of you when you're not around

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

It's not fashion to smoke a pipe.

But let E cigs and vapes win. They are a sensitive type, you know.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Also, you have to be at least 40 to even start smoking one. You won't be taken seriously until you're mid-50s. I mean in public. Do what you want at home, and, loving, do whatever you want whenever. But 23-year-olds smoking pipes looks wrong to me, I'm sorry. Free country, just saying.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

yea its enjoyable but lets not pretend this is cool or classy even for a second unless you're Gregory Peck or some poo poo

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Vato posted:

I just meant they both look super dorky.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Frankly cigarettes are the coolest looking way to smoke and I have no idea why they went out of style

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

I just meant they both look super dorky.

I am agreeing with you. :)

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

they both taste good though. I quit because everyone on my moms side has cancer including her.
it was a good appetite suppressant, I miss it

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I was outside da club and I began to pack my pipe. A VERY attractive lady walked up to me and began to ask about my pipe and complimented me about how cool it was. I slowly stroked my pipe as I looked her directly in the eyes. She went in for a kiss and my fedora bumped against her head, causing it to fall to the ground and expose my receding hairline. I screeched in fright and she instinctively jumped backwards. Unfortunately an Uber driver was racing by at that very time and struck and killed her. I gave her a viking funeral as I thought it appropriate.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

they both taste good though. I quit because everyone on my moms side has cancer including her.
it was a good appetite suppressant, I miss it

Cancer is for the birds. I'm sorry. Talk to your doctor. There are many appetite suppressants they can prescribe you. Most are some derivation of speed. It's very normal.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Pawn 17 posted:

I was outside da club and I began to pack my pipe. A VERY attractive lady walked up to me and began to ask about my pipe and complimented me about how cool it was. I slowly stroked my pipe as I looked her directly in the eyes. She went in for a kiss and my fedora bumped against her head, causing it to fall to the ground and expose my receding hairline. I screeched in fright and she instinctively jumped backwards. Unfortunately an Uber driver was racing by at that very time and struck and killed her. I gave her a viking funeral as I thought it appropriate.

What club? I'm skeptical.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
it's not fancy unless you're in a smoking jacket in the study working on scrimshaw

https://www.amazon.com/Duke-Digham-...=smoking+jacket

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
I have a gandalf pipe to smoke cannabis and it owns.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vato posted:

Those are called robo dicks

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

E-cigs are for quitters & for pretentious people.

Pipes are for Alpha men & the smoke is loyal.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Those are called robo dicks

E-cigs are for quitters & for pretentious people.

Pipes are for Alpha men & the smoke is loyal.

You are friends with the guys at the tobacco shop, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Magius1337est posted:

it's not fancy unless you're in a smoking jacket in the study working on scrimshaw

• Locked thread