Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

moose face posted:

i like him he's cute

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

Peacocks are flightless like penguins but can not even swim smh

Oh did not realize that :smith:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

moose face posted:

Uh this is my post traumatic stress disorder squid
my emotional support helper is a diminutive south east asian man dressed in an immaculate white suit

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
ESA Shrimp(pastry?)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Papa Emeritus III posted:

ESA Shrimp(pastry?)

As long as you buy a seat for his aquarium

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if we talking about airlines why there a weight limit for my bags that’s the same as the lardo in front of me whos legs are on fire because of friction

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

my emotional support helper is a diminutive south east asian man dressed in an immaculate white suit

How much did that run you

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

moose face posted:

How much did that run you
152 episodes plus 2 TV-movies

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

let it mellow posted:

if we talking about airlines why there a weight limit for my bags that’s the same as the lardo in front of me whos legs are on fire because of friction

because that never happened

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

As long as you buy a seat for his aquarium

:unsmith: Deal.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I wonder why YOU'RE so testy

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

truth, if I have a 51 lb bag because i put too much scuba gear in it I have to pay more than a lardo that weighs 100 pounds more than me with a 49 lb bag

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
really tho it doesn’t matter since my Delta status gets us two free checked bags each so

but if I actually had to pay then that’s dumb

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Blue Train posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gxQwm4MWns

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That is the similar looking and oft mistaken for emu

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

ESAs are the print-out online ministers of the service animal world

Assuming nothing has changed since I was working there, disneyland is oblivious to this very obvious fact, and absolutely any dog in with the same amazon-bought support vest and "official ESA certificate" it's bundled with gets in, probably to avoid freakouts from borderline AP-holders (and because lots of cast members do this too). when it's someone new to the con, they'll dart right to guest services and ask about fastpass speedups or if they qualify for line-cutting/"baby" swaps

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

numberoneposter posted:

And when you've landed he even helpfully suggests that you "deplane"

MaximusCraptaculous
Apr 20, 2008

If you mess this up, so help me GOD I will rip your balls off with my bare hands!
WITH MY BARE HANDS GOD DAMN YOU!!
I carry around a large emotional support cock

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

MaximusCraptaculous posted:

I carry around a large emotional support cock
Yea stuck right up ur b*m! :grin:

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

let it mellow posted:

*huff* this is my *puff* emotional support panniculus

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'll be at the front of the boarding line with my emotional support sloth. What do you mean we're holding everyone up, he almost never moves this fast.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Assuming nothing has changed since I was working there, disneyland is oblivious to this very obvious fact, and absolutely any dog in with the same amazon-bought support vest and "official ESA certificate" it's bundled with gets in, probably to avoid freakouts from borderline AP-holders (and because lots of cast members do this too). when it's someone new to the con, they'll dart right to guest services and ask about fastpass speedups or if they qualify for line-cutting/"baby" swaps

I went Disney World a lot and, while I forget the circumstances, I had to meet my mother there one time while on leave. Dog came with. I didn't take her into the park but MGM Studios actually has a dog kennel. They were nice and fed/walked her. She got to ride on the tram. :3: (but she's trained and sat on my lap)

A year later, I see a man carrying a dachshund in Magic Kingdom. It looked like a very non-descript vest was put on the dog. It was red with a white cross. That's it. No ID tags or anything. The owner also got a little weird when I heard a person ask to pet the dog and blurt out "they let dogs in here!?". The owner mumbled and tried to look around for a family member to bail him out of the lie.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Peacocks can definitely fly. I've witnessed it first hand. They just don't very often.
That woman with the peacock is also so full of poo poo that it's an "emotional support animal." she bought it for an art installation and now posts its life on social media. She also tries to avoid public transportation (in NYC lol) do it doesn't get scared. How is that an another supports you???

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

A year later, I see a man carrying a dachshund in Magic Kingdom. It looked like a very non-descript vest was put on the dog. It was red with a white cross.

That dog was a member of the medieval order of the Knights Hospitaller, please show a modicum of respect.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like I need to share my opinion that service animals are great, seeing-eye dogs, seizure/insulin detecting dogs, etc. They're neat.

"Emotional Support" animals are basically an alternative to having a forehead tattoo that tells the world, "I am mentally ill, steer clear."

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Ban infants and toddlers from flights next

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

grellgraxer posted:

That dog was a member of the medieval order of the Knights Hospitaller, please show a modicum of respect.

I shall kneel in his presence next time. :(
Sorry, my lordship.

GORDON posted:

I feel like I need to share my opinion that service animals are great, seeing-eye dogs, seizure/insulin detecting dogs, etc. They're neat.

"Emotional Support" animals are basically an alternative to having a forehead tattoo that tells the world, "I am mentally ill, steer clear."

K2 Solutions supplied our service dogs. I've often wondered what it would be like to work for them. My first dog through them was trained to sniff out barium and antimony. Then my second was trained to find methane. Both were good dogs. Though, the first would always try to "swim" in his water dish. :3:

ESA is a term that just seems like not only "I am loving crazy" label, but it also screams "I think I am special and my hamster/cat/parakeet is special too and here's a made up accomplishment of said animal so they can go everywhere with me and make everyone around me marvel at their greatness".

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tumblr dogs

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My friend's parents are part of a group that volunteers to train service dogs. It guess there's a crazy high fail rate when it comes to actually qualifying as a service dog though.
I guess if they fail, they dog can go through graining again or a family somewhere can end up with a really smart and well trained pet.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

peacocks can definitely fly lol

source: We used to have a bunch (also fyi they're dicks)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My support animal is a Common Brushtail Possom

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
I'm torn on this issue. On one hand, I'm inclined to say allow all service animals of course, but not emotional support animals since people are making a mockery of that program. On the other hand, as an airline, why not try allowing all animals if they can fit in a seat someone buys them? Maybe have a one strike system where the cabin crew can submit a report about a troublesome animal, then the passenger no longer may bring any animals on board future flights. That way you could roll with your chill dog or whatever, w/o having to gin up some bullshit emotional support papers. But if some dude were to bring his rooster aboard and it crowed full-blast non-stop from NY to LA he would be animal banned. There'd have to be some weight guidelines, and no loose timber rattlers or similar poo poo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

grellgraxer posted:

I'm torn on this issue. On one hand, I'm inclined to say allow all service animals of course, but not emotional support animals since people are making a mockery of that program. On the other hand, as an airline, why not try allowing all animals if they can fit in a seat someone buys them? Maybe have a one strike system where the cabin crew can submit a report about a troublesome animal, then the passenger no longer may bring any animals on board future flights. That way you could roll with your chill dog or whatever, w/o having to gin up some bullshit emotional support papers. But if some dude were to bring his rooster aboard and it crowed full-blast non-stop from NY to LA he would be animal banned. There'd have to be some weight guidelines, and no loose timber rattlers or similar poo poo.

This except you have to pay $500 and if you lose your strike, the animal is immediately ejected from the flight. Install an airlock in the back to facilitate the ejections.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I shall kneel in his presence next time. :(
Sorry, my lordship.

K2 Solutions supplied our service dogs. I've often wondered what it would be like to work for them. My first dog through them was trained to sniff out barium and antimony. Then my second was trained to find methane. Both were good dogs. Though, the first would always try to "swim" in his water dish. :3:

ESA is a term that just seems like not only "I am loving crazy" label, but it also screams "I think I am special and my hamster/cat/parakeet is special too and here's a made up accomplishment of said animal so they can go everywhere with me and make everyone around me marvel at their greatness".

Wait, sniffing dogs don't just alert on racist cue?

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

its all nice on rice posted:

It guess there's a crazy high fail rate when it comes to actually qualifying as a service dog though.
I guess if they fail, they dog can go through graining again or a family somewhere can end up with a really smart and well trained pet.

yeah a while ago my grandparents raised a service dog, but he flunked the test

so my aunt and uncle adopted him and he’s living it up as their pet

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I have an emotional support donkey, he's a real jackass.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I have Seizure Alerting dogs. My old 'retiree' is 15. We occasionally take her out and about so she doesn't feel deprived. She loves having people see her and comment.

My current partner is a retired show champion. He too likes to be seen, but they are both Standard Poodles so that is to be expected. The ideal is for the dog to be 'invisible' but that rarely happens. Usually an eagle-eyed kid spots the dog, screams "DOGGY!" and everybody looks. My favorite was on a plane trip. My dog was in front of me the entire trip, never made a sound, nothing. As the plane emptied, this woman from the back started screaming that she was allergic to dogs, was going to go into aniphylactic shock and sue everyone. She'd just spent 5 hours on the plane with us, but *now* it was fatal to her.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

My support animal is a Common Brushtail Possom

Your support animal is your wallet.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Lol if you think peacocks can't fly. How else would I get around in my sky chariot?

https://youtu.be/o_FAR1g41lM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When I was working at toys r us I saw a goddamn emotional support tiny horse walking through the store.

A loving horse. In a store. Guy takes it everywhere it seems. I’ve seen him in other places.

• Locked thread