Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

After reading about how Delta and now other airlines are cracking down on abuse of the emotional support animal system, I found this picture, and I gotta say I can't get over it. In fact there are so many questions I have about Delta emotional support turkey:

1) Does the turkey always travel in premium economy? Would being in regular economy ruffle some feathers (:coolfish:)?

2) What is the guy behind emotional support turkey thinking in this picture?

3) Where does one procure apparel for emotional support turkeys as show in photo (below)?

4) Has anyone here been on a plane with a non-traditional support animal like emotional support turkey?

5) If you could bring an animal with on a plane, what would it be?

Please consider this thread a safe space to discuss ESAs, turkey or otherwise

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEYyBU7FqZ0

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i wish i had an emotional support turkey

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
judging by the hamshank around the bird i'm gonna guess that woman wattled to her seat

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I prefer emotional support owls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5JapJ-_qVk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey your mom tasted great :grin:

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
There was a recent incident where a woman was turned away from boarding with her emotional support animal. It was a peacock. She'd been told three times over the phone that her animal didn't meet requirements but she showed up anyway. All that effort to look like a twat with a drat peacock by the gate. Poor bird.

I'll dig up the article in a sec.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Papa Emeritus III posted:

There was a recent incident where a woman was turned away from boarding with her emotional support animal. It was a peacock. She'd been told three times over the phone that her animal didn't meet requirements but she showed up anyway. All that effort to look like a twat with a drat peacock by the gate. Poor bird.

*starts learning to read*

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Oh yeah that was in the same article where I found the turkey pic

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2018/02/01/united-copies-deltas-crackdown-emotional-support-animals/

at the bottom

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i have a peacock if you know what i'm saying

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I saw that article. Pretty crazy.

The best support/service animals are the ones you don't even notice. There was a guy sitting a row behind my family at the movies and I had no clue there was a dog curled up by his feet until everyone got up to leave.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I had some emotional support turkey for lunch. It came with some emotional support cheddar, emotional support avocado, and emotional support mayo, and some other stuff I don't remember now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

counterfeitsaint posted:

I had some emotional support turkey for lunch. It came with some emotional support cheddar, emotional support avocado, and emotional support mayo, and some other stuff I don't remember now.
eaaat fresssssh

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

counterfeitsaint posted:

you might have an eating disorder

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Ok, here's what I found.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42880690

Oh, cool. Thanks. :unsmith:

Dolphin posted:

i have a peacock if you know what i'm saying

:quagmire:

spacetoaster posted:

I saw that article. Pretty crazy.

The best support/service animals are the ones you don't even notice. There was a guy sitting a row behind my family at the movies and I had no clue there was a dog curled up by his feet until everyone got up to leave.

I had a service dog for a while. She flew once and it was before the ESA stuff really took off with all the fuckery. There was a lady right next to us with a cat and things went along quietly for the whole flight. :3:

That photo of the peacock owner on her phone with her luggage just makes me want to punch her in asscheek, though.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

"support" animals are bs and the only the blind actually need them

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

One advantage of having the peacock is that if there's a plane problem midair, you can simply jump out the window and have it fly you to safety

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

actionjackson posted:

One advantage of having the peacock is that if there's a plane problem midair, you can simply jump out the window and have it fly you to safety

Peacocks are flightless like penguins but can not even swim smh

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Dolphin posted:

judging by the hamshank around the bird i'm gonna guess that woman wattled to her seat

she gonna eat that whole turkey

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

actionjackson posted:

brb buying an ostrich

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

you guys ever heard peacocks?

they are noisy as gently caress!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

actionjackson posted:

the term peacock is actually problematic and triggering because not every one pees from a cock and furthermore

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

numberoneposter posted:

only when they want you to gently caress them

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Blue Train posted:

People only think peacocks are flightless because no one has tried booting them out of planes midair.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder what the policy on honey badgers is. :thunk:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

After reading about how Delta and now other airlines are cracking down on abuse of the emotional support animal system, I found this picture, and I gotta say I can't get over it. In fact there are so many questions I have about Delta emotional support turkey:

1) Does the turkey always travel in premium economy? Would being in regular economy ruffle some feathers (:coolfish:)?

2) What is the guy behind emotional support turkey thinking in this picture?

3) Where does one procure apparel for emotional support turkeys as show in photo (below)?

4) Has anyone here been on a plane with a non-traditional support animal like emotional support turkey?

5) If you could bring an animal with on a plane, what would it be?

Please consider this thread a safe space to discuss ESAs, turkey or otherwise

The only one I can answer is #2

His thoughts: "I knew I shouldn't have eaten this acid before a plane ride!"

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

numberoneposter posted:

I was right about to post this. They make an ungodly shriek. Could you imagine that poo poo on a plane?

Blue Train posted:

"support" animals are bs and the only the blind actually need them

Well, there's other types of working dogs. Mine was a dog I handled in the military but she left with me when I was discharged. I made her into a therapy dog and would take her to see kids in hospitals. It was a great experience. :3:

But that took all kinds of certification. More than an ESA. ESAs are the print-out online ministers of the service animal world.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

what about support monkeys for people who can't feel anything?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
definitely quoted the wrong person there

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what about support monkeys for people who can't feel anything?

Oh man. What if they fling poo in mid flight? :ohdear:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Oh man. What if they fling poo in mid flight? :ohdear:

calm down. someone, who can afford to fly somewhere, their doctor said it was ok

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Dolphin posted:

only when they want you to gently caress them

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Flight I was on for Christmas from Reagan to Dallas there was a goddamn german shepherd on the plane. And a big one. It was probably 5 seats behind me so I never really saw what was going on, but I assume (hope) a seat had to be purchased for it. It was loudly whining a lot at first so I thought it was gonna be a pain in the rear end the whole flight but then it calmed down.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Uh this is my post traumatic stress disorder squid

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

veiled boner fuel posted:

Flight I was on for Christmas from Reagan to Dallas there was a goddamn german shepherd on the plane. And a big one. It was probably 5 seats behind me so I never really saw what was going on, but I assume (hope) a seat had to be purchased for it. It was loudly whining a lot at first so I thought it was gonna be a pain in the rear end the whole flight but then it calmed down.

You should have went back and petted that dog. Not its fault its owners are idiots.

moose face posted:

This is my guide rhino

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

You should have went back and petted that dog. Not its fault its owners are idiots.

This is my guide rhino

i like him he's cute

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've been considering a puff adder. they're very low maintenance

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

moose face posted:

I have the world's only ESA raptor. You won't believe what I went through to get him.

Can humans be ESAs? This is my pet sub. He'll be my footstool for the whole flight.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Can humans be ESAs? This is my pet sub. He'll be my footstool for the whole flight.
those are prone to aggression, whining, begging, separation anxiety, food theft and submissive urination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Dolphin posted:

those are prone to aggression, whining, begging, separation anxiety, food theft and submissive urination

This made me ponder the unfortunate scenario in which a man in a fursuit attempts to be an ESA for their partner. Goddammit, internet.

Edit: A hypothetical scenario, from my breadbasket. I'm afraid to see if it really happened.

• Locked thread