Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Zorodius posted:

Is there an animal pet equivalent to a succulent? Like something weird and hosed-up looking but if you forget to feed it for a month, it's fine?

Leeches.

You can keep those fuckers in a sealed jar for weeks.

Added bonus. They suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Docahedron posted:

No they're not

1. Put them in the correct soil

2. Don't water them

3. Especially do not water them in winter

I've found that if they are plump they don't need water for sometimes months at a time

NICE PLANTS, OP

They'll survive if you do that, but they won't grow and are unlikely to bloom. Most, if not all, succulents can in fact flower, though some take decades to do so.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

hope you have a aloe plant for all those burns

bitch did you not see?

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

I have the same strainer it's great.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

ANY OF YOU SUCKERS KNOW ABOUT FUCCULENTS

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

SUCCCULENTS

fuckin love SUCCCCUlents

e: more like ownculents imo

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 12, 2018

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i grew up next to a desert, the only thing i know is sage, juniper, tumbleweeds and succ

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I don't know man they may be succulent but are they even tasty?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Succulents are a bitch to water. You gotta gauge their “mood” :airquote:

That's why you gotta mix some valium into their water.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
If Jesus is having a hard time with plants, we're all doomed. DOOMED I tellsya.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

aphid_licker posted:

SUCCCULENTS

fuckin love SUCCCCUlents

e: more like ownculents imo

I agree. Pretty good little plants. Lots of different kinds. There is someone here who does know about them...well, probably more than one person, but I remember someone having a lot and knowing how to care for them. Don't remember a name, though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Growing up we had a cactus plant that got so big it hit the ceiling and started growing sideways.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

FlimFlam Imam posted:

If Jesus is having a hard time with plants, we're all doomed. DOOMED I tellsya.

Isn't that his dad's job?

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
I give the cacti herein an A+

Slugs S-

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

I appreciate all the kind posts but does anybody know what the first few plants I posted are called? I don't want to make them dead because I don't know about some weird quirk they probably have :(

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I've seen Morgan's pink crassula and lemme tell ya boys it sure was succulent! :grin:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ posted:

I appreciate all the kind posts but does anybody know what the first few plants I posted are called? I don't want to make them dead because I don't know about some weird quirk they probably have :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

e: I'm an idiot. Yes, that is a jade plant.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how the gently caress do you keep them alive indoors in the midwest in the winter

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dolphin posted:

how the gently caress do you keep them alive indoors in the midwest in the winter

central heating

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?

Whooping Crabs posted:

i'm calling the police
For what crime? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I'm running on a feeling here op

How many litres is your fish tank?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Wormwood is superior, sorry OP

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Those are all ayahuasca OP so eat them and tell us what visions you see.

Retrovertigoes
Apr 25, 2010

Blow posted:

This one might be psychoactive.

Enjoy smoking their rotten guts when they pop from over-watering.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

EorayMel posted:

Wormwood is superior, sorry OP

That's
what wormwood looks like? Man, I would've guessed rosemary. I'm not good at this at all.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jesus Christ posted:

I've got a bunch of succulents over the years but I don't know what some of them are. Tell me what they are!

WTF is this spikey broccoli/asparagus looking thing?

and this thing that looks like it should be in the ocean?

this sort of looks like weed lol, but wtf is it?

pretty sure this dude is a haworthia but not sure?

this I know is a Morgan's Pink Crassula!

no idea about this dude but maybe it's in the same family?

This is a stenocereus marginatus according to the tag but it's really purple unlike in this pictures when I google it. Wphy's it purple?

I've no idea WTF either of these are but I'm pretty sure they're not from Earth.

some kind of cactus and some weird leafy greens?

aloe vera duh

so tiny

this little fucker sucks and keeps almost dying

Jade plant! It brings me luck with my shitposting

Nice plants op. I am by no means an expert on succulents but I think the 3rd one is a Kalanchoe daigremontiana in extremely poor health.
https://plantsam.com/kalanchoe-daigremontiana/

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Vato posted:

That's
what wormwood looks like? Man, I would've guessed rosemary. I'm not good at this at all.

That's just how one of them looks.

Here's the one the French make absinthe out of to get balls drunk

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pewdiepie posted:

Nice plants op. I am by no means an expert on succulents but I think the 3rd one is a Kalanchoe daigremontiana in extremely poor health.

:haw:

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Op with all of your plants, if you are in doubt stop watering. If a cactus looks wilted, feels soft, or has decaying spots it is overwatered. If a cactus looks off it's probaby overwatered. When they're too dry most usually just shrink down a bit. What type of soil are they planted in? Make sure youre using a very porous substrate like sand, bark, perlite, or a similar mix. The worst enemy of a cactus is a situation where their roots are constantly wet

Most of yours look fine, they would probably just appreciate some more neglect

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Free Cheese posted:

The worst enemy of a cactus is a situation where their roots are constantly wet

better not plant a cactus on my dick, in that case

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I took a horticulture class in high school, the 3rd one looks like what we called a 'pregnant plant'. Does it have little balls on the spiked bits of the leaves ever? You can pull them off and it will grow into a new plant if you put in some substrate.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Free Cheese posted:

Op with all of your plants, if you are in doubt stop watering. If a cactus looks wilted, feels soft, or has decaying spots it is overwatered. If a cactus looks off it's probaby overwatered. When they're too dry most usually just shrink down a bit. What type of soil are they planted in? Make sure youre using a very porous substrate like sand, bark, perlite, or a similar mix. The worst enemy of a cactus is a situation where their roots are constantly wet

Most of yours look fine, they would probably just appreciate some more neglect

Yah, this was the hardest thing for me. I killed a few of my first succulents because I felt I needed to water them every 4 or 5 days. Nowadays I water them every 2 weeks and I think that might even be too much.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

the beatles - Amnesiac posted:

I took a horticulture class in high school, the 3rd one looks like what we called a 'pregnant plant'. Does it have little balls on the spiked bits of the leaves ever? You can pull them off and it will grow into a new plant if you put in some substrate.

I actually just got that one this weekend but looking into it it does seem to be a Kalanchoe diagremontiana like this dude said

Pewdiepie posted:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ima post a picture of my succs when I get home. I’m not very good at them but they seem to grow well enough where I am

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

the beatles - Amnesiac posted:

Well I guess you can take a horticulture but you can't make her appreciate it. So you're saying if you pull them off, the balls will give you a pregnant plant?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

They're called daughter plants. Your high school horticulture teacher should go back to school lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The little mini plants that grow on the leaves of the Kalanchoe are the daughter plants, to be clear. The plant itself is called Kalanchoe or Mother of Thousands.

• Locked thread