Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mexico? This is why we need the wall, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I always liked this pic of Butterball because it looks like a scene from The Office

ahaha

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
Barker can come up with the scariest poo poo imaginable and then trip over his own dick. He directed and wrote Lord of Illusions, and the first twenty minutes (the prologue with the desert cult) is one of the scariest things I've seen, it's a great mini-movie on its own. Then it cuts to present day and the film immediately turns to boring drivel that's mostly just about a very miscast Scott Bakula.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
The next one is going to be called Hellraiser: Raisin' Hell and will feature a dune buggy.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Spinster posted:

Spader didnt age well, its true.

It loving hurts my heart to look at him now and think back to, like, Stargate or something

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Never saw it OP, going to take your word for it though

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Soup du Journey posted:

It loving hurts my heart to look at him now and think back to, like, Stargate or something

Aw c'mon, the dude's almost sixty. No one looks the same at sixty as they did at thirty-five.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I always liked this pic of Butterball because it looks like a scene from The Office

good av material

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i liked revalations alot more tgan the last couple of bad original script+pinhead entries but chuckling at fat pinhead kinda takes the spook out of it

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jikes posted:

Barker can come up with the scariest poo poo imaginable and then trip over his own dick. He directed and wrote Lord of Illusions, and the first twenty minutes (the prologue with the desert cult) is one of the scariest things I've seen, it's a great mini-movie on its own. Then it cuts to present day and the film immediately turns to boring drivel that's mostly just about a very miscast Scott Bakula.

Is Barker gay?

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

With Hellraiser if you stick with the source book and the first two movies you'll be all set. Even with the second one I'm not sure I liked the face that the cenobites were humans selected by Leviathan instead of interdimensional beings like the book implies

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Is Barker gay?

I think he's bi? That's kind of a weird non-sequitur.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Is Barker gay?

Clive Barker gay so what

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Is Barker gay?

you had to ask??

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Please do not try to make sense out of Hell Raiser.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i find referring to someone with downs syndrome as "pinhead" highly offensive

oh wait. downs syndrome guy with literal pins in his head. i guess thats ok

from "i have such sights to show you" to "have you seen my baseball"

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Is Barker gay?

ok i decided to run a test

the results were inconclusive

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

curlys gold posted:

nsfw
nsfw

Nice Vonnegut reference in that lizard drawing.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

BAHAHAHAA. Meeting the original would have made me poo poo my pants. What is this crap?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Goonraiser

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Holy poo poo, the rave video game one. It had some really bad plot twists; trying to be a M Night movie with terrible results.

That would mean that it succeeded at being a M Night movie

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

That's the episode where Dwight opens the puzzlebox at work but right then Kevin spills coffee all over it. The demons got super mad and then Jim made a funny face at the camera lol

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

That's the episode where Dwight opens the puzzlebox at work but right then Kevin spills coffee all over it. The demons got super mad and then Jim made a funny face at the camera lol

:haw:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

i find referring to someone with downs syndrome as "pinhead" highly offensive

oh wait. downs syndrome guy with literal pins in his head. i guess thats ok

from "i have such sights to show you" to "have you seen my baseball"

Looks like Tim Heidecker.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jikes posted:

Barker is a lot like Stephen King in that short stories to novellas are almost always the best way to realize his stories. The instant he gets a longer leash things go to hell--in like, the bad way?--and fast.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I really liked the cenobite in Cabin in the Woods, but maybe that should just stay a wonderful dream seeing how my hopes for The Scarlet Gospels were brutally dashed upon rocks where Pinhead had a swordfight with Satan.

Hail Fornicus, Lord of Bondage and Pain

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"I have such sights to show you."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I wonder if that one Compact Disc cenobite takes poo poo from the others. "Your victims will probably die from laughter before you get a disc off, bro, lmao."

"Hey are you related the wax cylinder cenobite?! LOOOL OWNED!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Knight posted:

my hopes for The Scarlet Gospels were brutally dashed upon rocks where Pinhead had a swordfight with Satan.
for real? Jesus Barker

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Did the new one have a cenobite with GPUs stuck to his head mining bitcoins? The time is now

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i just watched like a ten minute compilation of deaths in hellraisers 1-4 on youtube because of this thread

if they were really going for full early-90s effect CD cenobite should've been laserdisc cenobite

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

curlys gold posted:

lmao this owns

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Hellraiser 2 is my favorite because it feels like some satanic version of Labyrinth. It's so goofy and that evil doctor guy is hamming it up so goooood.

Hellraiser 3 has this scene though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzmcJrG-MY

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hellraiser 2 is my favorite because it feels like some satanic version of Labyrinth. It's so goofy and that evil doctor guy is hamming it up so goooood.
i love how doomed everything feels as soon as channard cenobite appears for the last time

hellraiser 1 doubles as a haunted house story

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

gary oldmans diary posted:

i love how doomed everything feels as soon as channard cenobite appears for the last time

hellraiser 1 doubles as a haunted house story

The ridiculous sound he makes from his mouth was pretty cool.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Is Barker gay?

If gay was a stellar mass star he would be a supermassive black hole

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Hellraiser 3 has this scene though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzmcJrG-MY

Its kind of amazing how quickly it turned into generic horror movie with no.3. Two, although not as good as the first, still kept the same feel and themes and wasnt just a generic monster movie.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Are any Hellraisers other than the first two worth watching? I saw part of one on TV where a cenobite had a spike moving back and forth in its head and it was lol, and I think there was a Pinhead in Space one, but I'm not sure which sequel deserves my time.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

there has never been a hellraiser movie worth watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

null posted:

Are any Hellraisers other than the first two worth watching? I saw part of one on TV where a cenobite had a spike moving back and forth in its head and it was lol, and I think there was a Pinhead in Space one, but I'm not sure which sequel deserves my time.

The spike one was Hellraiser 3.
Its ok, its more corny Nightmare on Elm Street filmed than Hellraiser moody atmosphere.

Space one 4.

I would recommend Hellraiser Inferno, its not really a Hellraiser movie, instead it was a standalone script and they just shove Pinhead into it.
But its watchable.

Then Hellseeker. It's good to, and has Kirsty from 1/2 in it, it continues her story.

The others, are meh.

• Locked thread