Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

How could a Mexico trip go so wrong and why is the sister such a gross whore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

that doesnt make any sense!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

curlys gold posted:

that doesnt make any sense!

I know, right?!

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

maybe it was the hell raiser

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

raising some hell

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Let me tell you, brother; heck was not even slightly heightened in this picture.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

maybe that is the revelation

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

my biggest problem with it was that pinhead wasn't played by the pinhead guy.
other than that it's not nearly as bad as most fans have said.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

my biggest problem with it was that pinhead wasn't played by the pinhead guy.
other than that it's not nearly as bad as most fans have said.

It was literally made only for legal purposes. It was pretty bad.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
i just watched the new one and you should all definitely go spend your money on it

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

oblique posted:

i just watched the new one and you should all definitely go spend your money on it

I watched them all in a marathon when I was on a huge alcohol bender.

My favorites were 1,2, and the one where they kill Pinhead in space.

My darkhorse favorite is the one where Dennis Duffy gets Twilight Zoned.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

It was literally made only for legal purposes. It was pretty bad.

I know, but it did its job of making me feel vaguely uneasy. It may or may not have been a intended effect.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I also played Monkey's Island 2 during the bender.

What a time to be alive.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

I know, but it did its job of making me feel vaguely uneasy. It may or may not have been a intended effect.

It was pretty gross.

Also, the part where Pinhead wouldn't accept the sister's soul because he'd get it later anyway, was pretty chilling.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I watched them all in a marathon when I was on a huge alcohol bender.

My favorites were 1,2, and the one where they kill Pinhead in space.

My darkhorse favorite is the one where Dennis Duffy gets Twilight Zoned.

The space one is the best,op. Hell raiser bloodlines I think. It's got the fuckd up french dude who made the first box, the demon chick and the double headed/triple headed mall cop monster. I might have got some of the monsters mixed up

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

The space one is the best,op. Hell raiser bloodlines I think. It's got the fuckd up french dude who made the first box, the demon chick and the double headed/triple headed mall cop monster. I might have got some of the monsters mixed up

Bloodlines had Adam Scott, which is really funny and awesome.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

:aaaaa:

I never recognized him before

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

:aaaaa:

I never recognized him before

Right? I felt the same way when I realized it.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
The one about the detective is the best silent hill 2 movie ever made. Heck its just the best silent hill movie

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Which one was it that had the video game in it? That one was the dumbest one imho.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Dear Watson posted:

The one about the detective is the best silent hill 2 movie ever made. Heck its just the best silent hill movie

That one was poo poo but I've never played any of the Silent Hill games. If I did, would I like that movie?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Which one was it that had the video game in it? That one was the dumbest one imho.

Holy poo poo, the rave video game one. It had some really bad plot twists; trying to be a M Night movie with terrible results.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm still trying to forget that one

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

That one was poo poo but I've never played any of the Silent Hill games. If I did, would I like that movie?

No

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Dear Watson posted:

Inferno, right? I think it's actually really underrated, it has a lot of really good psychological horror poo poo and uses the technique of not explicitly showing everything to good effect.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
what if pinhead had dicks coming out of his head instead of pins and he was called dickhead

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Kak posted:

what if pinhead had dicks coming out of his head instead of pins and he was called dickhead

Woah

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Justin Credible posted:

Inferno, right? I think it's actually really underrated, it has a lot of really good psychological horror poo poo and uses the technique of not explicitly showing everything to good effect.

That's the one. I think it is underrated because it doesn't feel like a hellraiser movie. Its honestly my favorite after Bloodlines due to the phsycological aspects of it, which reminded me heavily of sh2.

But yeah most hellraiser fans hated it

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Kak posted:

Id watch

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

They couldn't even get the guy who plays Hell Raiser back.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Saint Drogo posted:

They couldn't even get the guy who plays Hell Raiser back.

The guy they did get makes pinhead look like some kind of cutesy anime depiction of the character.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

pinhead gets a light saber in the book

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
To those uninitiated in Hellraiser: You might be asking yourself if the cenobites gently caress, which would be a stupid thing to think, because if you paid any attention to the source material of course they gently caress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, even Clive Barker isn't immune to doing stupid things with the franchise. There was a Hellraiser comic book series for a while and it started out with interesting single issue stories kind of set in the Hellraiser universe. Then Barker started writing some and he invents these people who are basically good magic users who are all fighting against the Cenobites. It was really stupid.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

The guy they did get makes pinhead look like some kind of cutesy anime depiction of the character.

lmao

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, even Clive Barker isn't immune to doing stupid things with the franchise. There was a Hellraiser comic book series for a while and it started out with interesting single issue stories kind of set in the Hellraiser universe. Then Barker started writing some and he invents these people who are basically good magic users who are all fighting against the Cenobites. It was really stupid.

Urgh thats so stupid. The whole point of hellraiser is that there is no good, only evil. Clive Barker sucks now and it makes me sad.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I always liked this pic of Butterball because it looks like a scene from The Office

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol im seein it

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hellraiser was supposed to be about weird gay sex, pain and nihilism. Anything else is an affront to lord satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I always liked this pic of Butterball because it looks like a scene from The Office

Spader didnt age well, its true.

• Locked thread