Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

Here's my birb story:

This morning I was eating breakfast when I noticed movement outside the window. I looked out just in time to see a HUGE bird swooping up into a tree carrying what appeared to be a squirrel. The birb was on the far side of the tree, so I couldn't see it. About an hour later, I went out to my car to go to work, and found that this wasn't just one of the large hawks that usually hang around here.

It was a h*ckin bald eagle! I've never seen one anywhere near my house, and this one was about 50' away. I took the picture, and quickly got in my car in case he was hungry for dessert.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

V cool birb pic

One time in florida i saw a bald eagle fly by like 100 ft up anddrop a huge (like 2 ft long) fish right on a highway lol

It's extremely lucky it didn't hit any cars or ppl

ChubbyChecker

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Here's my birb story:

This morning I was eating breakfast when I noticed movement outside the window. I looked out just in time to see a HUGE bird swooping up into a tree carrying what appeared to be a squirrel. The birb was on the far side of the tree, so I couldn't see it. About an hour later, I went out to my car to go to work, and found that this wasn't just one of the large hawks that usually hang around here.

It was a h*ckin bald eagle! I've never seen one anywhere near my house, and this one was about 50' away. I took the picture, and quickly got in my car in case he was hungry for dessert.

I am burning candles and praying this eagle eats plenty and lives to its maximum lifespan

alnilam

Today i saw a big ol blue heron fly overhead and land by the stream i was hanging out at

I don't see them in flight very often!

ChubbyChecker

alnilam posted:

Today i saw a big ol blue heron fly overhead and land by the stream i was hanging out at

I don't see them in flight very often!

they're really cool

ChubbyChecker

coolest birds i've ever seen flying are the white-tailed eagles

no wing movement, just gliding on hot air currents

Farecoal

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-2L1cD-z1w

whole channel is very güd

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

im_sorry posted:

I dare you to say that to my lesser sulfur crested cockatoo to his face. He'll bite the poo poo out of you.

hes too busy saying poo poo like plly want a cracker and also living for 4 decades longer than me but can he smoke 2 packs a day i think not take that bird

ScrubLeague

i feed a lot of birds in my front and back yards it's really cool and good and the cats love to watch them through the window

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cruft

The Ruff is a bird that has four different types of "male", all with totally different physical characteristics. They also have the highest levels of polyandry of any known bird. They've got straight guys, trans lesbians, and stuff we don't even have vocabulary for yet.

Also: if you're going to call T-Rex and Stegosaurus "dinosaurs", then you have to call birds dinosaurs too, because T-Rex is more closely related to a sparrow than it is to a Stegosaurus.

cruft fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 30, 2018

cruft

You wanna get freaked out by a bird, watch this and try to imagine the same behavior from something eight feet tall.

Manifisto

cruft posted:

You wanna get freaked out by a bird, watch this and try to imagine the same behavior from something eight feet tall.

now I really really wanna watch a dinosaur attack a tower of cups with the same childlike delight as harley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

*ROOOOOOAAAAAR!!!!*

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

Manifisto posted:

now I really really wanna watch a dinosaur attack a tower of cups

Same.

quote:

And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,

People don't really think about how freakin' terrifying bird movement is.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

what if birds but no wings hmm

alnilam

Bo-Pepper posted:

lol

Manifisto

FutonForensic

Bo-Pepper posted:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

pew

Manifisto

noble

powerful

bird.

whoa

alnilam

*instinctively begins humming jurassic park ending theme*

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

haha why fly when hop just as good think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Why stop at flightless, when you can go all the way to wingless?

• Locked thread