Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I remember going to cattle auctions with my great grandpa and eating at the cafe attached to the sale barn. The cafe and sale barn are still there and the food is still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Untrustable posted:

I remember going to cattle auctions with my great grandpa and eating at the cafe attached to the sale barn. The cafe and sale barn are still there and the food is still good.

This is actually p cute.

:3:

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Untrustable posted:

Sale barn restaurants are ALWAYS good. Ol boy farmer don't gently caress around with no lovely food.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When my cousin was like 8 he had a bunch of those gi joe Barbie sized “action figures” and one time he had set them all up naked in ways where they were definitely loving. It was a gay gi joe orgy on my grandparents floor and the clothes were all neatly tucked away in the play kit

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aesop Poprock posted:

When my cousin was like 8 he had a bunch of those gi joe Barbie sized “action figures” and one time he had set them all up naked in ways where they were definitely loving. It was a gay gi joe orgy on my grandparents floor and the clothes were all neatly tucked away in the play kit

...well, that is certainly a thing.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I thought my idiot friend's racism was comically outdated and that such beliefs were just remnants from America's dark past.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

morally adept posted:

I thought my idiot friend's racism was comically outdated and that such beliefs were just remnants from America's dark past.

Whooo boy were you ever wrong! Well OK not wrong so much as.....poo poo you know what I mean.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
When I was younger...

I just knew we could never have a worse president than Richard M. "Tricky Dick" Nixon.
When I was a young man, I was hopeful that there could never be a worse president than Ronald "benchmark for evil" Reagan.
When I was middle-aged man, I thought WTF! Why are we saddled with this draft dodging coked-up frat boy Shrub?
Now I'm in my twilight years and I just weep bitter tears while awaiting the kind embrace of oblivion.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
when I was younger my cousin bit off a piece of my ear.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
when i was younger there was no such thing as wireless internet. i once ran a 30m ethernet cable out of a third-floor window to connect to a router on the first floor of a building

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I had isdn. I used to crush my brother at the game Die by the Sword.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The White Dragon posted:

when i was younger there was no such thing as wireless internet. i once ran a 30m ethernet cable out of a third-floor window to connect to a router on the first floor of a building

ha ha Yeah! my dad drilled a hole in the living room ceiling so I could run a cat-5 cable

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ha ha Yeah! my dad drilled a hole in the living room ceiling so I could run a cat-5 cable

We're still drilling away; wireless will never not be a mercurial mistress.

But once they get that light-based technology up and running, then I guess we'll be in the clear?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
When I was younger I was at a daycare that was run out of some lady's house. She fed all 6 of the kids lunch, and then told us all to help clean up. I didn't know the difference between a dishwasher and a trash compactor, and threw all the plates in the latter.
I never went back to that daycare, and for decades I assumed I was kicked out for the plate thing, but I found out recently that it was because my dad picked me up that day, and found out the lady who ran the daycare was black.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
One time this brown skinned kid brought a toy gun to school and he didn't get shot

Another time a friend and I tabletopped the smelly kid into some mud

I convinced the class snitch to tell the recess monitor that the deaf kid was throwing gang signs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

when I was younger my cousin bit off a piece of my ear.

Shoot we don't have to be related

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Obsidianheart posted:

When I was younger I was at a daycare that was run out of some lady's house. She fed all 6 of the kids lunch, and then told us all to help clean up. I didn't know the difference between a dishwasher and a trash compactor, and threw all the plates in the latter.
I never went back to that daycare, and for decades I assumed I was kicked out for the plate thing, but I found out recently that it was because my dad picked me up that day, and found out the lady who ran the daycare was black.

lol

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Untrustable posted:

I remember my first sale barn. My dad told me to sit on my hands and not move. If I had an itch, it can wait between cattle. I could see all the old men with their absurd method of betting. Scratching a nose, tapping their knee, nodding their head.

The attached cafe was awesome. As they always are.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
We didn't have Polio

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

mostlygray posted:

I remember my first sale barn. My dad told me to sit on my hands and not move. If I had an itch, it can wait between cattle. I could see all the old men with their absurd method of betting. Scratching a nose, tapping their knee, nodding their head.

The attached cafe was awesome. As they always are.

I remember being sad that a dude would prod the animals when they were being shown but now that I've lived on this farm/ranch my whole life pretty much I understand now that cattle are hella dumb and have super thick hides. You ever tried giving a cow a shot? You gotta hit it like that adrenaline shot in Pulp Fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
When I was in middle school, I went biking through a local forest preserve with my friend and his brother. This forest preserve had a reputation of being a hangout for creeps and delinquents because of a few incidents, but we had ridden through it many times and never encountered anything weird. One day we decided to take a break at a clearing with some picnic tables. This small narrow clearing was otherwise surrounded by a thick wall of trees and thus was secluded. We sat down at one table and about 30 feet away was another one where two or three big, creepy looking older guys (probably early to mid 30s) were sitting. We saw them looking over at us but didn't think too much of it until two of them got up simultaneously and started walking toward us without saying anything. A mental alarm went off in our heads in unison and we immediately jumped up, picked up our bikes, and hauled rear end out of there. To this day I still wonder if we were actually just freaking out about nothing, but it's probably a good thing that we didn't stick around to find out.

Ooh, I have another one.

Also during my middle school years, I was staying the night over at my best friend's house. His house was on a secluded and somewhat wooded street that was lined with a few houses but not part of any subdivision, so at night it already had a somewhat creepy vibe. His parents would often spend their evenings out gambling or something or other and would leave us home alone. We were upstairs in his bedroom playing N64, and his dad called us saying he was heading home and asked if we wanted McDonald's or whatever. About 20 minutes later, we heard the front door open and close. We paused our game and started heading downstairs, but something was off - we didn't hear any movement whatsoever from downstairs. We called out for his dad, no answer. We slowly crept downstairs and saw that the front door was open with only the outer screen door closed, even though both had previously been closed. For some reason we were not completely freaked out by this point and we decided to check the rest of the house for him. Turns out he wouldn't actually be home for another 20-30 minutes. Somebody had been in the house, and we have no idea who or for how long.

• Locked thread